Class Changes: Vengeance Juggernaut / Vigilance Guardian

EricMusco

Do you only use Shatter or do you cycle between Impale and Shatter? Because If you only spread your shatter, you're going to have to delay Vengeful Slam, which seems pretty bad to me.

I know. Was just a dumbed down version of how to AoE.

Although I have to admit that I normally don't bother. Shatter, Slam, sweeping slash. Repeat. I know it's not optimal, but who cares? It's good enough in most cases

Edited by Torvai

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's Shatter, Vengeful Slam, Sweeping Slash not optimal?

SnV trash parse

Of course you use Shatter, Vengeful Slam, Sweeping Slash spam first. But then Shatter won't be off CD by the time you Vengeful Slam again, so you need to Impale before the second Vengeful Slam to keep a dot on your targets, which you did do in the parse you sent (although after the second Vengeful Slam there's no more AoE so I assume most adds were dead by then)

Thx. Vigilance could really use single target buff/ reward for keeping Dots ^

Isn't that kind of what they did? Nerf to the freezing force utility exchanged for a buff to single target sustained. For me the changes more or less equal out to where we were pre-changes.

Isn't that kind of what they did? Nerf to the freezing force utility exchanged for a buff to single target sustained. For me the changes more or less equal out to where we were pre-changes.

The changes only evened out the dps lost with the chilling scream. Class didnt get a buff to its damage it really deserved.

The changes only evened out the dps lost with the chilling scream. Class didnt get a buff to its damage it really deserved.

Top parses of melee sustained specs:

Pyrotech 10521, Hatred 10226, Vengeance 10385, Annihilation 10437, Lethality 10750

Why do you think veng needs a buff?

Pyrotech 10521, Hatred 10226, Vengeance 10385, Annihilation 10437, Lethality 10750

Ye Vengeance's damage is fine where it is, Hatred is the sustained mdps that could really use a small dps buff.

Still worse than Lethality xd

Also don't forget FURY spec with 10789.22 dps being a friggin' burst spec xD

And hatred is medium range - melee hybrid.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Still worse than Lethality xd

Also don't forget FURY spec with 10789.22 dps being a friggin' burst spec xD

And hatred is medium range - melee hybrid.

Lethality is technically only so high because of trick move/ holotroverse otherwise it be around 10,5K as well - so it's fair because it is not like you can use that ability whenever you need to save it for repositioning in an actual fight. Well and Fury does something now they did not calculate clearly.

60% is too much. No one will take it now. Are you sure that developer team is competent,? Seems not

competency went out the door along time ago with this dev team. 90% of the game updates are nerfs or "balance adjustments" or new cartel market addons. It's no wonder they dont have enough time to do a real expansion anymore or even class stories.

Do you mind sharing what you replaced it with?

Well, gladly!

At first, it's about priority, not actual rotation. But Based on Opener, you align your abilities to go after each other as they come off cooldown.

As you can see in this parse I have made 10270 DPS.

It could get higher if I would go for for second alacrity threshold (~1890 alacrity), but I do not like it because I like to pvp a lot :)

The opener is:

Precast Slam (to get at least one stack, feel free to keep using it before you pull).

Force charge -> Shatter -> Force Scream -> Impale -> Vengeful Slam -> Hew (from utility) -> Ravage ->

Sundering Assault -> Force Scream -> (1) Shatter -> Impale -> Vengeful Slam -> Ravage ->(2) Saber Throw

(1) Shatter and Impale comes at the same time out of cooldown like this. I use Shatter, because it consumes less rage (after activation), and does more DPS than Impale.

(2) Everything is on CD, so you need to use one filler. Everytime Saber throw is off cooldown use it, every second time use Vicious Slash.

Hope this helps :)