Why Part 2: Schön Ihr CM's Eric&Co.

Leonalis

The last thing we want you folks to feel like is that you are being ignored and I will make it a personal goal to ensure that you don’t feel that way.

To post your answer in the german/french forum would be a start.

Sadly you missed the second opportunity to tell WHY the german/french CMs get fired

Edited by Sithlord_Dooku

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

[a lot in english]

-eric

Hi Eric!

As an average-level english speaking german citizen i want to thank you for your long awaited answer. I don't use google translator or something else for this text, so I can demonstrate you, how difficult it will be for us and you to understand each other even in "english", because of limited language-competence.

So please excuse all the grammatical and lexical errors and 1:1 translated germane-cisms.

I think, most of the german swtor-playerbase can read english written texts und have followed often interesting topics in the american/british forums. However, discussion, interpretation, brainstorming, creative thinking and formulating new and individual ideas is easier and much more productive, if you do it in your mother-tongue - which is for most german forum members of course German.

If you sell/promote a software-product like SWTOR as a multi-lingual piece of game - in english, french and german - and sell it at the same price in all regions, you have the obligation to provide costumer-service in the same languages as well.

If you cannot provide, what you promise, you can try to solve the obvious problem. There are many possibilities: Hire more german/french speaking people, who can manage the costumer support to every contentment. Or give every german/french costumer a discount, say 1/3 of the original price of you product, because you wrongly, but without intention, sold a package which promised more you could hold. Or just try to communicate honestly with your community, talk about the difficulties, your concrete plans to solve them, take position, say your honestly opinion and provide a realistic deadline, at which you will have solved all critical flaws/shortages.

One thing is a big no-no, but you have chosen this and none off all above mentioned: You lied, you ignored questions, you did fraud and you have lacked all respect towards your costumers. And this is shame!

So please, mister Musco, try to communicate in a way with us, which will allow you to watch yourself in a mirror all days after!

Sincerely, Semiramis (Kristof, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany)

• Dev Post

For those that requested the response in German:

Hey,

Als erstes möchte ich euch sagen, dass ich eure Frustration voll verstehe. Ich weiß, dass ich es schonmal gesagt habe, aber ich möchte euch nochmal versichern: Auch wenn unsere deutschen und französischen Community Mananger nicht mehr Teil unseres Teams sind, seid ihr alles andere als vergessen. Wir werden weiterhin durchgehend über die Foren das Feedback sowohl der französischen als auch deutschen Spieler mitaufnehmen und genauso daraus unsere Schlüsse ziehen wie aus allem anderen Feedback, das wir erhalten.

Außerdem heißt der Abschied nicht, dass ihr nie wieder gelbe Posts von uns sehen werden, denn wir bemühen uns, wann immer wir können auch in den Foren zu posten. Ja, es werden weniger Posts sein als im englischen Forum, aber wir werden posten.

Ich verstehe die Absicht hinter euren deutsch- und französisch-sprachigen Posts im englischen Forum und wie ihr vielleicht bemerkt habt, verschieben wir diese zurück in die deutschen oder französischen Foren. Ich werde diesen Thread allerdings hier belassen, denn wir wollen das Thema genau hier ansprechen. Das Problem für uns ist, dass die deutsch- und französisch-sprachigen Posts im englischen Forum aus unserer Sicht die konstruktiven Diskussionen hier stören, da ein Großteil der Forenmitglieder hier weder Französisch noch Deutsch sprechen. Daher werden wir in Zukunft noch aktiver deutsch-sprachige und französisch-sprachige Posts in ihre entsprechenden Foren verschieben.

Das letzte, was wir wollen, ist, dass ihr euch ignoriert füllt – und daher ist es mein persönliches Ziel, sicherzustellen, das genau das nicht eintritt.

-eric

@eric

Hey,

Als erstes möchte ich euch sagen, dass ich eure Frustration voll verstehe. Ich weiß, dass ich es schonmal gesagt habe, aber ich möchte euch nochmal versichern: Auch wenn unsere deutschen und französischen Community Mananger nicht mehr Teil unseres Teams sind, seid ihr alles andere als vergessen. Wir werden weiterhin durchgehend über die Foren das Feedback sowohl der französischen als auch deutschen Spieler mitaufnehmen und genauso daraus unsere Schlüsse ziehen wie aus allem anderen Feedback, das wir erhalten.

Außerdem heißt der Abschied nicht, dass ihr nie wieder gelbe Posts von uns sehen werden, denn wir bemühen uns, wann immer wir können auch in den Foren zu posten. Ja, es werden weniger Posts sein als im englischen Forum, aber wir werden posten.

Ich verstehe die Absicht hinter euren deutsch- und französisch-sprachigen Posts im englischen Forum und wie ihr vielleicht bemerkt habt, verschieben wir diese zurück in die deutschen oder französischen Foren. Ich werde diesen Thread allerdings hier belassen, denn wir wollen das Thema genau hier ansprechen. Das Problem für uns ist, dass die deutsch- und französisch-sprachigen Posts im englischen Forum aus unserer Sicht die konstruktiven Diskussionen hier stören, da ein Großteil der Forenmitglieder hier weder Französisch noch Deutsch sprechen. Daher werden wir in Zukunft noch aktiver deutsch-sprachige und französisch-sprachige Posts in ihre entsprechenden Foren verschieben.

Das letzte, was wir wollen, ist, dass ihr euch ignoriert füllt – und daher ist es mein persönliches Ziel, sicherzustellen, das genau das nicht eintritt.

-eric

How you will manage the german/france community with NO german/france speakers ?! I cant manage a taiwan board because i can not speak taiwan.... you ?! Will you order german interpreters for themes how they dont know.....

Edited by Achazu

@eric

-eric

How you will manage the german/france community with NO german/france speakers ?! I cant manage a taiwan board because i can not speak taiwan.... you ?! Will you order german interpreters for themes how they dont know.....

Die simple Tatsache, daß der Mann gerade einen kompletten Post auf Deutsch geliefert hat, sollte Dir einen kleinen Hinweis geben...

For those that requested the response in German:

-eric

Sorry aber dass ist schon passiert.....schon längst.....es werden alle heiligen Zeiten..zu Ostern/ zu Weihnachten u. zu Silvester nen gelber Post erscheinen....pfff

• Dev Post
Die simple Tatsache, daß der Mann gerade einen kompletten Post auf Deutsch geliefert hat, sollte Dir einen kleinen Hinweis geben...

You have the right idea :rak_01:

Basically what they are saying is we definitely still have the ability to communicate with all of you in German and we will.

Basically what they are saying is we definitely still have the ability to communicate with all of you in German and we will.

So either you're asking Ratae, Mundako and Naugor for help oooooor you're having a very solid translation program (Lars once mentioned that you english guys are working with one but that it's logically not perfect since Courtney Woods had some mistakes in her announciation for the next scheduled maintenance back then). But I guess you won't tell us your secret?! :cool:

Edited by Eskala

They force some French and German speaking prisoners to read these forums every day and do translations. It is effective punishment and highly efficient. J/K..... interesting super secret foreign language powers, there. :D

Edited by chuixupu

But still you (not YOU you) chose to kill off the german community by firing the only CM we had left. Why hire someone for that job in the first place? Excuse me, but I've had enough of BW smokescreens on every move they make. I hope with you in charge, communication will be more upfront, honest and open.

We're grown-ups, ya see?

How bout you all suck it up and start learning English? You know... so you can actually communicate with the rest of the world. I would honestly be embarrassed and ashamed if I didn't know English.

Says the guy whose native language is English... You should rather be ashamed that you don't have to laugh about yourself for that stupid sentence.

Edited by Eskala

Thanks for your answer and please excuse my....errr... not very high classed english.

I hope you as one of the english CM's dont feel offended by the german and french community. We know that your facilities are not the biggest. But what should we do? You and your team are the only people which are in our range. This is a very complicated situation for both sides.

In fact the german and french com's have some questions:

1) Why? I think you have to give us reasons why our CM's (i speak for the german and french com) were kicked! We pay for this game and I really think we have to get some information.

2)How? You just said, that this forum is for the english people, so mostly of them cant speak our languages. This is true. But how do you want to control an ENGLISH, a French and a GERMAN forum, if you just can speak English? How will you give our feedbacks to the next level? Googletranslator? Come on....

3) What is in your force to help us? You said that this will be a personal goal for you and I am thankful if this is true. But how? We started with 4/5 CM's, Lars "Man standing" was kicked a few days ago. He was a great CM, but even our com is so big that he couldnt do everything he normaly have to. So please give us some points, WHAT you can do.

4) Less frequently Information? Come on, the information we got in the last half year were marginal, "less" is propably not possible.

We want answers and we want them now. Till we get some which satisfy us, there WILL be more german posts and threads in this forum, because we don't have another choice!

I hope there will be a possibility to handle this. To do my part of solving this problem here is my idea: Give us another CM!

Das sind sehr gute Fragen auf die BW/EA eine Antwort finden muss.

Wenn die englische Reaktion darauf kommt müssen wir ja auch nur 2-3 Stunden darauf warten bis der externe Übersetzungsservice den Text wieder zurück gesendet hat.

Entschuldigung Eric, das ist nichts gegen dich aber dein Arbeitgeber muss einen deutschsprachigen CM dafür abstellen das deutsche Forum zu betreuen.

I think, most of the german swtor-playerbase can read english written texts und have followed often interesting topics in the american/british forums. However, discussion, interpretation, brainstorming, creative thinking and formulating new and individual ideas is easier and much more productive, if you do it in your mother-tongue - which is for most german forum members of course German.

If you sell/promote a software-product like SWTOR as a multi-lingual piece of game - in english, french and german - and sell it at the same price in all regions, you have the obligation to provide costumer-service in the same languages as well.

Genau das ist der Punkt.

Was mich daran besonders aufregt ist das scheinbar irgendein €A Manager seine Unkenntnis über Kulturkreise und deren Märkte, die außerhalb der USA liegen, zur Schau stellt und meint Einsparungspotenzial zu sehen und ausschöpfen zu müssen.

Das empfinde ich als Ignorant.

PS: Glaubt ihr den vorletzten Satz hätte ich auch nur annähernd so in Englisch hin bekommen??

Says the guy whose native language is English... You should rather be ashamed that you don't have to laugh about yourself for that stupid sentence.

My native language is English??? Where on earth do you have that from??? I'm Norwegian and we actually understand that it is important to communicate with the rest of the world, that's why we learn English from kindergarten.

Why on earth did you think my native language was English?

My native language is English??? Where on earth do you have that from??? I'm Norwegian and we actually understand that it is important to communicate with the rest of the world, that's why we learn English from kindergarten.

Honestly, I wish America was like that, they should teach us Spanish and Chinese starting from Kindergarten. :p

We are the worst with foreign languages.

Based on the way you wrote, you sounded so cocky that it was very likely that your native language was English, but sorry, my bad. :)

Anyways, I'm having a few good 'online'-friends if you will from Norway and I can assure you, the education standards concerning English between Germany and Norway are 2 different worlds.

Eric, what will happen to Naugor, Ratae & Mundako? Will the german "support-triplets" still be there in future? Or will they also become victims of the new kind of direction? I recognized that Mundako hasn't been in the support section for nearly a week, I'm hoping that doesn't mean a thing ...

Sure, I still just wait for the answer WHY the german/french CMs got fired.

I'm shure that we will get no answer for that question. Please understand my words in the right way, many of us are shocked about what happened, but I think that this is the right of every employer to hire & fire.

Edited by Han_Salo