Makeb Mesa Arena Lag

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

We understand that a number of you are having frame rate issues in the Makeb Mesa Arena. Please post your computer specs and what is going on when the most lag hits in this thread.

Thanks!

- Tait

Edited by TaitWatson

Intel 4770k w/liquid cooling

ASUS Maximus VI Hero LGA 1150 Intel Z87 motherboard

2x8GB DDR3 (16GB total)

250GB 3rd gen Intel SSD boot/OS drive

2x2TB WD SATA HDDs (1 applications/1 temp/document files)

GeForce GTX 660ti w/2GB DDR5

All high performance wired input peripherals

Window 7 Ultimate 64

I run the game in all high quality settings, NO AA, NO SHADOWS, windowed mode at 2200x990

The Makeb 4v4 arena lags for me whenever I fight near the edge of the arena. I am wondering if there aren't some object culling issues or camera collision problems as the super low framerate bug only hits me whenever the camera fights the invisible walls in the arena.

Processor AMD FX-8150

MB ASUS Sabertooth 990FX

16 Gb Ram

Graphics Radeon HD 6850

Problem are really bad when I go up the bridge, or underneath it. Never had problems in any other Warzone matches. In fact, even Makeb Arena was running fine when it was first released, the frame rate issue started in the first patch after.

Yes, the bridge is the main focus of lag -- the game can almost grind to a halt when I go anywhere near it.

As a result, I always try to tell my teammates not to go up on the bridge, especially to avoid knockback-happy sorcs and mercs... :p

Rig specs to follow when I get home.

Edited by Cody-licious

The makeb mesa arena is sometimes laggy, particularly around the bridge.

I'm running an i7 930 at 2.8 Ghz, 6 GB 2000 Mhz RAM, Nvidia GTX 770 (superclocked) 2GB, and a OCZ SATA III SSD. My internet connection is 18 Mbps fiber optic.

There is literally no way at all that my computer is to blame for the makeb mesa arena horrendously lagging.

Edited by TheCourier-

I get sporadic lag at various places around the bridge. On top of the bridge, particularly near the east end, lag is consistently obnoxious if I move my character there. It might be as bad elsewhere on top but I'm usually moving through and not fighting in those areas.

Will post specs later when on my game pc.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• 1 month later...

sabertooth 990fx

amd fx8120 OC @ 4ghz

zalman all copper cpu cooler

120g crucial ssd

8gb corsair veng @ 1600mhz

sapphire 7850 2gbddr5 oc @ 1050 / 1450mem (13.251.0.0 AMD driver version)

internet is 30mbp/s down and 4mbp/s upload

OS is windows 7 home 64b (7.9 windows score)

most people i've talked to get lag on this map. sometimes it is playable but sometimes it will cause my computer to freeze and i'll get about 1 frame per 5 seconds. i liken it to being stunned for about 10 seconds in pvp. all my graphics are turned down except the shaders i believe. funny, i can run max graphics normally but have turned down thanks to this map.

please let us veto or something at least. in the mean time i will be posting on the forum every time i die and lose thanks to the lag.

typically it starts lagging when the fighting starts but it can also lag to a lesser degree at other times. typically lag occurs in elevated areas of the map.

Edited by crunchbarry

• 1 month later...
So Season 2 is up, this map keeps popping and the problem isn't fixed yet. I understand it's not everyone who has this problem, yet there's a lot of people who does. If there's no intention of doing anything about it, at least take the map out of ranked.

Graphics card: MSI Afterburner Nvidia GTX640 with 4GB RAM

RAM: 8GB

Processor AMD FX 4300 Quad Core 3.8ghz

Still having framerate issues in this place. Have been ever since it was released. Every time I go on the bridge and there's abilities used. It's the only arena that this happens in, it's also the only arena with an open environment, which is clearly the issue. By that I mean it's the only outdoor environment which isn't physically walled off, forcing graphics cards to show a lot of cosmetic stuff that isn't even a part of the arena.

You need to physically redesign it and in the mean time just pull it out of circulation, it completely imbalances ranked for anyone with this issue. Just put a solid wall around the whole arena that prevents you from seeing all the unnecessary crap instead of that stupid rayshield dome. I'm sick of it, because every solo team in arenas wants to go up to the bridge and whenever there's combat on the bridge the game becomes completely unplayable due to the lag caused by the sheer amount of crap that needs to be rendered.

Half a year and with bi-monthly "content updates" in which you add superficial and cosmetic changes solely for the purpose of selling cartel coins and you still haven't bothered to fix a gamebreaking issue. I'm a subscriber with a PC that exceeds the recommended specifications of this game, I deserve to have something I pay for not be broken when I want to use it, it's a breach of trading standards and consumer rights, digital content or not you have to adhere to the laws of every country in which you operate and frankly according to the laws of most countries you would have to give people a refund and/or compensation for mis-selling a broken product.

Edited by Turial

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey everyone!

We understand that a number of you are having frame rate issues in the Makeb Mesa Arena. Please post your computer specs and what is going on when the most lag hits in this thread.

Thanks!

- Tait

STOP understanding,START fixing. < Simple.

It's seriously frustrating lately getting wiped because of Lag (something I,WE can't control).Same in ToS,specially @Walkers.We got wiped 3 times in a Row because the entire Group froze right after we killed the 1st one .... really,really frustrating.Same with Mesa,lag keeps occurring since 2.7 (specially on the Bridge) constantly freezing/delaying ...

Edited by ahzecklawd

• 5 weeks later...
Delete this map already. How many more times do we have to tell you? Your team is that incompetent that you cannot even delete flawed content? You are failing on every level lately. Level 60 warzones are very unstable, force quake can ruin everyone's FPS, this stupid arena is not fixed/removed yet, not to mention what you did to class balance. Please give us a very small something back and REMOVE THIS ARENA!!!

Delete this map already. How many more times do we have to tell you? Your team is that incompetent that you cannot even delete flawed content? You are failing on every level lately. Level 60 warzones are very unstable, force quake can ruin everyone's FPS, this stupid arena is not fixed/removed yet, not to mention what you did to class balance. Please give us a very small something back and REMOVE THIS ARENA!!!

Subscribe to your words. Repair or remove this map!

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

- Tait

Lag occurs on bridge specifically (elsewhere as well..but definitely on bridge). Major frame drop into the single digits.

i7 3950K intel chip

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA 970GTX

running on a SSD

Windows 7

I run game with bloom, shadows, and convo depth OFF.

I run all other settings at High and trees/grass at 50.

• 2 months later...