Cartel Pack gear is not as advertised - please address Bioware!

Kualan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless 90% asthetic accuracy warrants a genuine public relations disaster (which it doesn't) this smells like a troll thread. If it helps you feel any better ... should see what some of those supermodels look like before makeup and Photoshop. Edited by GalacticKegger

Investigator chest still doesn't match the advertized color. It's like they don't even care about all the stuff in the cartel market but the packs. Might as well rename it to Pack Market. Cartel market sets are just reskins that do not warrant their 1200 CC cost. They're purely relying on selling packets to make money off of the market. How about putting some decent items in the market for people who don't want to gamble? 1200 cc would be fine if it was a brand new set with models not found in game but for a reskin? Should probably be half that or 65% of that. Edited by Atrimentus

you know what? that just gave me an idea...

in my country false advertisement is a serious offense - unlike in england or the US where they often use the term "best" that relates to no objective comparative fact.

here, words and images must reflect exactly what you sell - else you pay dearly.

i shall endeavour in a little game of my own methinks

I made a thread about this two days ago but it vanished among all the useless posts of general.

But yeah completly agree, its ridiculous and unfair to falsely advertise an item people pay to have a CHANCE of obtaining, only to realise its not the same as the item they wanted.

Also the revan "robes" these legs are a complete different and ugly model. Where did this even come from? Revan doesn't even wear this in the game. More being ripped off by bioware : /

IDK, I like the look of the Phantom chest in the game shot, I don't like that puffy collar thing that is shown in the cartel ad.

Also, on the Spymaster chest, where the heck is that red coming from???? I match it, and I get this blood red on my other pieces of armor, and while I don't mind the blood red color too much, I don't want that color, I want the white and grey that you see on the chest. So if you are matching to chest piece, and there is none of that color on the chest piece, what gives?:rak_02:

Edited by beattlebilly

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

Thank you for your patience with this!

Wait, wait no!!! Don't, I beg you! Preceptor's robe is fine as it is without the hood! I beg you, don't change preceptor's robe! Even the icon of it shows no hood. PLEASE, Mr. Gonzales! Or at least put a hood-down on the Preceptor's robe. I was really planning to get it for my Sage but if you're planning to add another hood I will change my mind. Please. No more hooded heads.

Cartel market's costumers' demands will be dealt with but what about subscribers? Especially long-term ones who kept supporting TOR until now. We were given very poor choice of player equipment and most of the advertised gear wasn't made available to player classes at all.

How come the armor pieces, which look differently from advertisement pics, from cartel shop are getting an immidiate response while there are so many sets missing or not looking as advertised (have hood up or additional armor attached) in player class related media (see my sig)? "The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos."

I implore you to look into this as well, as many were waiting patiently for nearly a year. How are cartel market costumers better than subscribers and everyone who bought and supported the game for the last year, especially since it was going under a difficult period for a long while. And yet we remained. All of my TOR friends unsubbed at least once. All of them. I honestly want to keep saying that this is the best game out there but I am really concerned with recent changes.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Please fix the color issue on the Investigator's Robe and all the other chest pieces that have the same problem (Consular Campaign chest, Consular WH chest, Inquisitor Columi chest, tons of others).

Please don't put horrible shoulder pads on gear that doesn't have them. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that every single chest piece in the game that has shoulder pads would look better without them.

Please fix the color issue on the Investigator's Robe and all the other chest pieces that have the same problem (Consular Campaign chest, Consular WH chest, Inquisitor Columi chest, tons of others).

YES! These all preview as one way and show up as another...Again, false advertising. The Consular Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard appear black or white depending on someones skin color. It's very frustrating and ruins endgame gear for me personally, since I stupidly picked light skin color for my main.

Edited by Radzkie

YES! These all preview as one way and show up as another...Again, false advertising. The Consular Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard appear black or white depending on someones skin color. It's very frustrating and ruins endgame gear for me personally, since I stupidly picked light skin color for my main.

Just don't forget the amount of player class promos in my sig with armor pieces not available to us in the advertised form They should be addressed, too. This is not fair what is happening.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Just don't forget the amount of player class promos in my sig with armor pieces not available to us in the advertised form They should be addressed, too. This is not fair what is happening.

Yes.

Also, with light skin color, I am always wary of buying any gear for my character including/especially stuff from the Cartel Market. Because they may preview one way, but appear another on my character. No items are safe for me.

It's been this way for so long, yet this has been completely and utterly ignored. That's probably because it's minor to BW/EA, but it's not minor to me since I use a glitched character every day.

Edited by Radzkie

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for reporting this to us. We apologize for the mistake and we're working to fix this in an upcoming patch. The gear should look like the way they appear in the promos.

There goes my incentive to buy the packs. I prefer the way they look now better. If those items are going to get changed, I don't want them.

My advice is to never change the appearance of ANY existing items ingame because someone will always like it better the way it is. Instead, add new items with the different appearances.

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

This.

Especially when you advertise them at character creation screen so the items ARE in the game. Especially when you could implement a simple system for crafters to make armor of a color of their choosing and combining parts of armor or whatever. Especially when you seem like you've dug up old threads about Maras requesting some decent hooded robes, Inquisitors asking for non-tunic hooded robes, Reps asking for hood-down robes and so on and put all those items in the cartel market for a price tag.

But hey... that doesn't bring profits, doesn't it ? What's next, twi'lek lekku over the shoulders coming down in front, unlockable via some cartel market gamble ?

Edited by maestruljedi

Not only that, but Revans robes are totally incorrect as well.

The investigators robe is brown rather then red....

This is stuff people are paying real money for bioware!

Why in the name of all that is holy would you ever in a million years pay real money for this crap?

Hi folks,

i accidentally good looking armor

There goes my incentive to buy the packs. I prefer the way they look now better. If those items are going to get changed, I don't want them.

My advice is to never change the appearance of ANY existing items ingame because someone will always like it better the way it is. Instead, add new items with the different appearances.

I also prefer the way they look now. luckily I haven't spent any in game credits or real world money on any of the "bugged" items; if I had I'd be very annoyed indeed.

The Phantom chest piece I was especially keen to get as there aren't very many items of clothing in this game that don't have stupid bits and pieces sticking out from them and now you tell me it is supposed to have stupid bits on it.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reply Joveth! Glad to hear it is in the pipeline of fixes :)