Am I being naive?

Slomoshun

Bought and redeemed on Aug 1st. It was first available on July 21. 11 day difference.

You think I'm being naive by thinking I'll get in today?

If you are, concider me keeping you company, because I redeemed my code on Aug 2.

Popcorn?

Considering that people who pre-ordered on the 25'th are still not getting invited I wouldn't hold my breath. MAYBE tomorrow, possibly Thursday.

As far as I got it, noone will start playing today. It says, they start sending out invitations (!) starting the 13th but early game access will still be 5 days early, thursday the 15th.

Your sources are incorrect. People are already playing.

Edited by Amythiel

I really dont think the date you pre-ordered or even registered the pre-order code matters. I have a friend that pre-ordered on the 2nd of Dec and he got in on the 2nd wave :rolleyes: I ordered at the start of September and I am still waiting. Luck of the draw I guess :)

As far as I got it, noone will start playing today. It says, they start sending out invitations (!) starting the 13th but early game access will still be 5 days early, thursday the 15th.

Incorrect. People who ordered on the 21st and 22nd were included in the 1st wave and are actually playing the game as we speak. You can find a multitude of livestreams on the web now of players actually playing.

Also, the servers are filling up as you can see here:

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I -pre-ordered/entered my CE code on the 29th of July. Getting worried I won't be in for the next few days.

There was some confusion over this. The EGA was supposed to start on 15th, and the noticed of EGA access were starting to go out on 13th. Then, some bright person at Bioware realised that they might have some early setbacks so they decided to not give any notice, just basically say "Gratz, you can get in the game now, have fun!". Rather than put back the invite emails from 13th to 15th to match the EGA start, they decided to start emailing on 13th and start EGA 2 days early.

You are a bit behind on the news bud. People are already in, in fact the 4th wave of people have started playing.

They moved early access forward 2 days.

On Topic.

I'm not saying this as a whine but I doubt many people will get in today.

They are inviting quite slowly and not in huge numbers so i'm not expecting to see people that pre-ordered around August/September to start getting invites until tomorrow or Thursday.

I also preordered August 2nd. I would have preordered on the first or second day, but I was in another country at the time and didn't find out about preorders starting until I returned home. I would trade my precious vacation memories for just an extra few hours of SWTOR! (Not really)

Then, some bright person at Bioware realised that they might have some early setbacks so they decided to not give any notice, just basically say "Gratz, you can get in the game now, have fun!".

You are mistaken. There was plenty of notice that they'd be doing it this way. The start date was changed to the 13th some time ago.

I pre-oredered late. 11/11/11 a few of my friends who didn't pre-order until 11/26/11 are already in. Guess their knee pads were shinier than mine. :eek:

I keep hearing about people the pre-ordered in Nov/Dec getting in, like your friends.

Are you 100% sure they're not trolling you?

I have yet to see any proof that this is the case. If it is, then it's very disappointing.

I really dont think the date you pre-ordered or even registered the pre-order code matters. I have a friend that pre-ordered on the 2nd of Dec and he got in on the 2nd wave :rolleyes: I ordered at the start of September and I am still waiting. Luck of the draw I guess :)

I think your friend is trolling you, because it simply not the case, Bioware has said all along that it will be First come First Serve

7/27 here and no invite. So IMO, you're probably not getting in today, as I'm planning on making it either tomorrow or Thursday. Or, more realistically, Friday night when I have to go out of town for the weekend, which would pretty much make my early access and preordering completely pointless. That's my prediction.

Bioware announced earlier in another forum post that the the fist few waves of e-mails were going to be people who redeemed their codes on 7/21 and 7/22.

I wouldn't worry.. we'll all get in it's just that some of us hide it better. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them!! LET ME IN BIOWARE DANG YOU!!!

Well one REALLY good reason people overlook about the way they're doing this is quest areas.

Who here played WoW at release or any of their expansions on day one and just sat there at a quest zone waiting for 1 of the 50 dead mobs to respawn?

Doing these 2hr apart waves is great imo. It will eliminate a lot of that.