Tanks and/or shield generators are dysfunctional and underpowered at level 40+

MastaKorgy

Are you in tank stance?

How much shield rating or % do you have?

How much Absorb rating or % do you have?

How much defense rating or % do you have?

Are you using items with the correct main stat?

When was the last time you visited a trainer?

Have you upgraded your hilt, barrel, armoring, mods, enhancements?

Are you using implants and earpieces?

Are you managing your resources correctly or as best as possible?

Are you in tank stance?

Why excellent! I'm going to copy this! So true!

You need to provide more specific data.

Just, because your not getting the results you think you shoud doesn't mean there's something wrong with the game.

Guardians and Warriors, compared to other classes, are fairly underpowered. Both PvP and PvE wise.

For PvP, they don't have a good hybrid option. Speccing hybrid tank DPS doesn't net you any actual survivability, while being pure tank nets you absolutely nothing in most matches aside from being slightly annoying. You still die as fast in the end.

In PvE, they have aggro holding issues. And no, I'm not undergeared, nor am I new to tanking. No need for any personal ratings in this, just general consensus. People who say "Juggernauts and Guardians OP" have probably been killed in PvP by the rage spec. And even then compared to Marauders, not as good.

Edited by CannotDeny

I'm assuming the OP has a top-of the range Generator (purple or Orange with purple mods throughout.) - Also look to getting more Datacrons, Adding Augment slots and Augments to your gear. - And (Not being funny) group up with more support characters - A healer in the mix can make or break some heroic quests at Lev. 40 or so. - Or you could always let someone else Tank, while you add DPS, CC, or minor heals depending on your skill-set.

At Lev. 40 or so, the mobs often need a bit more thought befoer you wade in and blast everything. - Also use your buffs and interrupts coz they're crucial for surviving at higher levels!

Edited by Storm-Cutter
rogue 'e'

Guardians and Warriors, compared to other classes, are fairly underpowered. Both PvP and PvE wise.

For PvP, they don't have a good hybrid option. Speccing hybrid tank DPS doesn't net you any actual survivability, while being pure tank nets you absolutely nothing in most matches aside from being slightly annoying. You still die as fast in the end.

In PvE, they have aggro holding issues. And no, I'm not undergeared, nor am I new to tanking. No need for any personal ratings in this, just general consensus. People who say "Juggernauts and Guardians OP" have probably been killed in PvP by the rage spec. And even then compared to Marauders, not as good.

BH compared to other classes is underpowered, yet BW nerf BH again and again,

in pvp, they r **** tank/dps,

in pve they r no match to judgement ,

they need to buff BH/trooper.

Are you in tank stance?

I'll add to this:

Are you specced into the correct tree?

You're entirely correct that their aggro mechanics are not as effective as either classes(though fortunately this doesn't exactly make them dysfunctional, its perfectly possible to hold aggro for ops, mechanics as always are more likely an issue than simple aggro holding, especially if the rest of the team knows to use their aggro drops).

Many classes don't have good hybrid options in this game. While I agree straight tank can be boring in WZs, they do have a crucial role when it comes to protecting the healer and ball carrying in HB.

BH compared to other classes is underpowered, yet BW nerf BH again and again,

in pvp, they r **** tank/dps,

in pve they r no match to judgement ,

they need to buff BH/trooper.

And yet, somehow, there's still that one Trooper/Bounty hunter that is able to:

Tracer/Grav round spam and get 350k+ damage in Warzones

Pop that nice little 20 second immunity to any interrupts and damage reduction as a healer, making them pretty much unkillable as they stand still and spam the same heal

I don't know, I find this really dysfunctional in the grand scheme of things.

Are you in tank stance?

I'll add to this:

Are you specced into the correct tree?

And I'll add:

Are you playing your class? Using mitigation, avoidance, and CDs as appropriate?

That's mostly because Guardians / Warriors are a little more clunky. We require more defensive stats than Vanguards and we're less effective on aoe trash packs.

The flip side is, we have better cooldowns and more mobility. It would be nice if we could get a talent in the defense tree that allows a portion of our primary stat to add accuracy.

That's mostly because Guardians / Warriors are a little more clunky. We require more defensive stats than Vanguards and we're less effective on aoe trash packs.

The flip side is, we have better cooldowns and more mobility. It would be nice if we could get a talent in the defense tree that allows a portion of our primary stat to add accuracy.

If anything it'd be nice if the top Defensive talent was actually useful in a way.

I agree with the clunky thing. I mean honestly, I see a lot of Guardians/Juggs running around with almost no surge, and that sorta screws up their aggro holding. I fee like I NEED to have at least 65% surge in order to keep most of my threat without having to consistently juggle between taunts.

It does make a difference, on 20% buffed crit

If anything it'd be nice if the top Defensive talent was actually useful in a way.

I agree with the clunky thing. I mean honestly, I see a lot of Guardians/Juggs running around with almost no surge, and that sorta screws up their aggro holding. I fee like I NEED to have at least 65% surge in order to keep most of my threat without having to consistently juggle between taunts.

It does make a difference, on 20% buffed crit

I would be one of such guardians. I do have some surge on my gear, but not by any deliberate choice and not for much longer. Rakata enhancements and all that jazz. I recently upgraded from a Guardian hilt 25 to a Might hilt 27, lost 3 endurance, gained more base damage and a lot of strength. I'll switch to a guardian hilt 27 once they become available on the market. The new might hilt added a noticeable threat increase just the same.

I'm more inclined to increase my non-crit damage than focus on burst damage. It tends to leave you more exposed if you're reliant on critical hits to hold threat.

I would be one of such guardians. I do have some surge on my gear, but not by any deliberate choice and not for much longer. Rakata enhancements and all that jazz. I recently upgraded from a Guardian hilt 25 to a Might hilt 27, lost 3 endurance, gained more base damage and a lot of strength. I'll switch to a guardian hilt 27 once they become available on the market. The new might hilt added a noticeable threat increase just the same.

I'm more inclined to increase my non-crit damage than focus on burst damage. It tends to leave you more exposed if you're reliant on critical hits to hold threat.

Naw, don't really rely on it. It just irks me if I see my crit percent at 50. It feels way too low. Though I have been heavily contemplating just going full tank gear, because I'm still using the Columni implants for the surge/defense bonus while my chest piece is Rakata and it gives some surge as well. There's really no point switching from might to guardian, to be honest. I'd take a small endurance loss over a str gain.

Naw, don't really rely on it. It just irks me if I see my crit percent at 50. It feels way too low. Though I have been heavily contemplating just going full tank gear, because I'm still using the Columni implants for the surge/defense bonus while my chest piece is Rakata and it gives some surge as well. There's really no point switching from might to guardian, to be honest. I'd take a small endurance loss over a str gain.

If I was dpsing I'd be bothered. For the most part I care more about raiding my defensive stats. I'm working towards getting 50% shield chance, 50% absorb and 25 to 27% defense. Even augments with defensive stats add a little power and give some extra threat.

I can also toy around with my spec to generate a little more threat if it ever becomes a problem. So far everything has been fine :D

Part of the problem I noticed with some Jugg tanks, is that they leap in and only focus on one target at a time. What I do on mine: Run forward, throw lightsaber at one target usually standing off to the side, Force Charge in to the grouped NPCs, Smash, and then AoE taunt or single taunt depending on if there was an extra NPC I didn't already tag yet.

I never fail to get aggro using this method.