Exclusive? Um...

xTekwarx

The crystal is no longer exclusive if one of sufficient similarity is given to the populous as a whole.
Sure it is. You have a color crystal that is indeed exclusive. Noone else can get it except the people who paid cash for it.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in other words, it's about 1% darker?

It's like Bill Clinton saying "it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is".

Ok fine, technically they are different. It is such a small difference that people who bought a Razer have a legit reason to be upset.

well the two crystals appear different in color hue to me. As one is a darker green than the other which also casues the black center core to appear sharper. Considering, the fact that the razor crystal would only be used until the mid to late teens i really do not see the issue. Edited by Baaddare
to add to argument

Not that it matters to me, but they are the same color.

You have to give the SE customers something els, both pre-buy and after-buy.

But its not the first time, is it BW?

You put the VIP speeder in the fleet vendor as well.

Whats next, collectors edition items in the vendors?

It cant be that hard for a company this size,

to be a little more creative and come up with something special for people that pays extra, seriously...

Its a pretty cruel thing to do :(

Edited by DecanAndersen

Not that it matters to me, but they are the same color.

You have to give the SE customers something els, both pre-buy and after-buy.

But its not the first time, is it BW?

You put the VIP speeder in the fleet vendor as well.

Whats next, collectors edition items in the vendors?

It cant be that hard for a company this size,

to be a little more creative and come up with something special for people that pays extra, seriously...

Small issue with your post... everyone could buy the VIP Speeder, it wasn't ever limited to CE only. Just required you to purchase a VIP band then the vehicle.

well the two crystals appear different in color hue to me. As one is a darker green than the other which also casues the black center core to appear sharper. Considering, the fact that the razor crystal would only be used until the mid to late teens i really do not see the issue.

You have no idea what you are talking about but that doesn't stop anyone around these forums, does it?

Small issue with your post... everyone could buy the VIP Speeder, it wasn't ever limited to CE only. Just required you to purchase a VIP band then the vehicle.

Didnt say that it was a CE item, but the problem is the same.

People pay extra or do something extra to obtain an item, and then they get screwed over later.

Not to mention, the speeder price in the VIP area was 1,5 mil. And the fleet vendor price was 1 mil.

So the VIPs got screwed for 1,5 mil credits in total.

You have no idea what you are talking about but that doesn't stop anyone around these forums, does it?

Um yes I do i have eyes i can see the two of them side by side and see a difference. I can also read the rgb settings that were posted to see that there is a difference. Just as I know that the stats on it can easily be surpassed by crystals you can get ingame and thus most would replace the razor one. Just as many of us have replaced that and or the preorder crystals.

The fact that you do not agree with what I said is no reason to flame. That just takes away from any valid arguments for your side.

Um yes I do i have eyes i can see the two of them side by side and see a difference. I can also read the rgb settings that were posted to see that there is a difference. Just as I know that the stats on it can easily be surpassed by crystals you can get ingame and thus most would replace the razor one. Just as many of us have replaced that and or the preorder crystals.

The fact that you do not agree with what I said is no reason to flame. That just takes away from any valid arguments for your side.

The pre-order crystal got upgraded in stats, i will bet they have a mid and high end for the razer edition as well.

well the two crystals appear different in color hue to me. As one is a darker green than the other which also casues the black center core to appear sharper. Considering, the fact that the razor crystal would only be used until the mid to late teens i really do not see the issue.

Most people are agreeing that the colors are different. Only slightly though.

What I'm upset about personally is the fact that the response was so poor from the devs. Personally I think it's cool that I can get a black core / green saber without having to fork over the cash for an expensive accessory, BUT the fact that they are like "Look! You shouldn't really be that upset about it, exclusive razor people. It's really not the same color, it's a tad DARKER! :D" is kind of a slap in the face to the people who did fork over the money for it. Some people like to have that uniqueness.

I'm saving up the DNA to get the crystal, and I'll enjoy having it. However, it is practically the same thing as the 'exclusive' crystal.

Most people are agreeing that the colors are different. Only slightly though.

What I'm upset about personally is the fact that the response was so poor from the devs. Personally I think it's cool that I can get a black core / green saber without having to fork over the cash for an expensive accessory, BUT the fact that they are like "Look! You shouldn't really be that upset about it, exclusive razor people. It's really not the same color, it's a tad DARKER! :D" is kind of a slap in the face to the people who did fork over the money for it. Some people like to have that uniqueness.

I'm saving up the DNA to get the crystal, and I'll enjoy having it. However, it is practically the same thing as the 'exclusive' crystal.

And the fact that you would have to Spec a player AND Spec his saber, to make sure its a SE or None SE crystal LOL.

Didnt say that it was a CE item, but the problem is the same.

People pay extra or do something extra to obtain an item, and then they get screwed over later.

Not to mention, the speeder price in the VIP area was 1,5 mil. And the fleet vendor price was 1 mil.

So the VIPs got screwed for 1,5 mil credits in total.

No one paid extra for the VIP area. CE people got access free so they could access their special vendor. DDE people were given access without having to pay the ingame cost of 1.5 million ( even though none all of our items came to use in the mail) it was just a not advertised perk given to the DDE purchases.

Good, who cares, everything in an MMO should be available IN GAME.

Whoever spends the most money does not get the most stuff, whoever plays the most gets the most stuff.

It is a slippery slope also, I don't really care about all this vanity fluff that comes from buying out of game products or collector's editions, but the moment they introduce items or abilities that give a combat or major advantage that are acquired out of game for more RL money, I am out. I refuse to play any online games that do that. Games like SWTOR and WOW are walking a fine line when it comes to that.

P.S. if you bought a gaming mouse or headset or collectors edition or whatever to have something "exclusive" in game and not just for that purchase itself, lol at you.

Edited by Eddizel

The pre-order crystal got upgraded in stats, i will bet they have a mid and high end for the razer edition as well.

that is true but we were not told that it would be when we preordered nor were the razor people promised that so we can only go by what is currently ingame. However, your hypothesis would tilt the argument more infavor of the razor folks if it held true.

No one paid extra for the VIP area. CE people got access free so they could access their special vendor. DDE people were given access without having to pay the ingame cost of 1.5 million ( even though none all of our items came to use in the mail) it was just a not advertised perk given to the DDE purchases.

I dont know much about the VIP area and all that fancy stuff.

Although it does not change the fact that SOME players HAD to buy the VIP band for 1 mil,

then buy the speeder for 1,5 mil.

Then later, everyone could get the speeder for just 1 mil, 500k less.

Thats still, 1,5 mil down the drain.

= They got screwed...

Edited by DecanAndersen

It's because you don't know what you are talking about and that is the bottom line. The razer crystals are offered in 41 power,expertise, stam and critical rating via a vendor in coruscant. So basically you don't know anything. I wont even address the fact that you feel these Color Crystals are different. WHICH THEY ARE but come on even a child can see how similar they are...

Edited by Chalisar

You guys obviously have to much time on your hands

If this is a Major concern.

It's a crappy coloured crystal IMO and hardly worth all the fuss

It's not like you had to do anything to get it bar fork out some cash

If it was a hard to get crystal that was rewarded through playing the game ie nightmare level

Then I would Probly share your concern but

Because its attached to buying ip branded hardware

It's Not really that exclusive because anyone

Can get it if they want to buy it

I would never be upset that people who just bought the game now would gain access to the pre-order crystal. It doesn't break my game in any manner. The same stat bonuses are still available on other crystals. Feeling the need to be different from others because you purchased a peripheral says little about how much you really want to enjoy the game. Pedantic QQing is pointless, because people will play the game without caring or being affected.

PS: I can afford it all, I chose not to buy.

Edited by monkgryphon

It's because you don't know what you are talking about and that is the bottom line. The razer crystals are offered in 41 power,expertise, stam and critical rating via a vendor in coruscant. So basically you don't know anything. I wont even address the fact that you feel these Color Crystals are different. WHICH THEY ARE but come on even a child can see how similar they are...

I did not say they were not similar I said i can easily see the difference between the. I was unaware that the razor crystals come in higher versions just as the preorder ones do. As i stated in an earlier thread if that was the case it would tilt the argument towards your side as you could be using the crystals towards endgame.

Mr. Reid, your response is unsatisfactory, you did exactly what I said you did and changed the hue by such a meager extent.

As the following image demonstrates, if one takes either colour mentioned assuming a saturation level of 100% and changes the hue by +/- 5% (I have rounded this because the exact number has far too many decibels to bother with) then the result is the EXACT colour of the aforementioned crystals.

Colour Comparison (Side by side)

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/kiregean/44283525.jpg

Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to give me a number for a colour swatch assuming I have little enough knowledge to know the difference by such a minor change as -29R/0G/+8B. I may have a background in mechanical engineering yes but prior to that degree I was digital illustration so I know colours. Try again.

The thing that really gets me is just the stance of it being "technically" different; it leaves a sour taste in the mouth because it's come down to a technicality. While not necessarily dishonest, it's not entirely honest either. If we have to differentiate them in terms of subtracting 29 red bits and adding 8 blue bits on a 255 bit scale, we're splitting hairs.

I would like, in the future at least, for BioWare to operate more from a position of the spirit of good faith rather than a position of technicalities.