New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

Remove this idiotic implementation.

I can still do other ability's during the GCD look, but that's because I memorized when I can use what from before; this is horrible for new users.

Now my action bars are always "shiny" looking because they are always active and I have to freakin guess in some instances when an ability is up (because the shiny and shade of cd is tough to see).

Go back to what it was, this idea is TERRIBLE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should just be patient.... play another game... go wash your car.. etc. ;) No need for a unsub when you don't get your way in less than a day.

I have the SAME problem as you do, but I'm being patient. I haven't logged in since this morning as I don't even want the slightest of headaches or nausea again.

I'm figuring (by track record) it'll take until next week's maintenance to fix, so I'm holding out until then. :(

Oooh i dunno.. there was a massive outcry on swg when they changed the combat system as i recall.. change a game too much and the reason folk stay playing is gone. This guy is entitled to vote with his subscription fee, if he feels its the only thing the supplier will take any notice of.

The ability to distinguish which abilities are on cooldown and which are ready to activate is a great idea. However, when every single ability goes dark during the GCD(which is pretty much all the time in combat), it creates confusion. The source of the confusion stems from abilities also going dark when they're out of range, combined with the blue overlay further obscuring the hotkey.

This means that when you're under the GCD, you have no quick reference to tell which abilities are, or are not in range. The blue overlay makes it somewhat easier to tell which abilities are still ON cooldown, but combined with everything else it also makes it look like every ability is constantly out of range or not ready to be used.

I can't just glance down and see which abilties are darkened, and which aren't; which are in range and which aren't, because they're ALL dark while the GCD is in effect.

Leave darkening to indicate which abilities are out of range. Use the light blue ability overlay to show abilities on cooldown. Use something else to denote GCD. Also, FFS, give us the option to choose between the new changes and reverting to the old setup.

Edit:

The main point is that the change to the way that hotkeys are displayed does not improve the ease of use. While there might be a few people who actually like the new change, I think that we should be given a choice as to what style of display we want to use.

Everyone plays the game a little bit differently, and the lack of customization in the UI is a serious problem.

Bioware, PLEASE learn from this. Give us the option to change things. Give us the choice to use a new display feature or not. I know you're working hard on implementing the UI customization patch, but this is NOT the way to start out.

I keep hearing about how it passed the PTR. Ignoring that issue for now, how did this get past biowares own internal testers? If they spent even just 5 minutes playing on each class they should have realized how bad a change it is for classes that use/rely on procs and activate abilities before the GCD is up.

Just want to add another voice of disapproval with the new darkened icons. As the OP mentioned, it is now MORE difficult to tell what is unavailable and what's on global cooldown. If I didn't have most of my abilities memorized, i'd be having a pretty hard time right now. I preferred the prior system.

Again, this does not mean I don't want the Cool down effect changed.

http://youtu.be/AUsvE_jpI0Q

But you can see especially on the left hand bar, not all abilities flash. Surrender when on cool down doesn't. Abilities that ignore the global cool down don't, etc.

I prefer a system of abilities grayed out if not available. Not grayed when available. So much more intuitive system.