Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Path-x

oh and i absolutely love kaliyo because she's interesting and also a freak plus i don't play my IA as a empire boot licking drone so she fits my character very well

Well to have an IA character which shares similar traits and views as Kaliyo (anti-imperial attitude, dislike of authority, unreliability) is just plain dumb from the storyline perspective. Why would your IA character join the "Gestapo of the Sith Empire" in the first place? And how does one expect him to come through the training process with that kind of traits?

It intrigues me how do you guys even play IA with that kind of mentality. If you refuse to be an imperial drone (for the sake of storyline) I would assume are stuck on Hutta telling the Keeper to f*** off when he is giving you the first mission. :p

I am not found of Jedi either but when I played Knight and JC I adapted to their mentality otherwise the whole experience would feel stupid and pointless. A Jedi who despise the Jedi and at the same time follows orders given by the Jedi makes no sense. Same applies for IA.

Edited by Path-x

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to have an IA character which shares similar traits and views as Kaliyo (anti-imperial attitude, dislike of authority, unreliability) is just plain dumb from the storyline perspective. Why would your IA character join the "Gestapo of the Sith Empire" in the first place? And how does one expect him to come through the training process with that kind of traits?

It intrigues me how do you guys even play IA with that kind of mentality. If you refuse to be an imperial drone (for the sake of storyline) I would assume are stuck on Hutta telling the Keeper to f*** off when he is giving you the first mission. :p

I am not found of Jedi either but when I played Knight and JC I adapted to their mentality otherwise the whole experience would feel stupid and pointless. A Jedi who despise the Jedi and at the same time follows orders given by the Jedi makes no sense. Same applies for IA.

I find it fun to play my agent like that. I mean undermining the authorities, doing the exact opposite thing that I was asked and generally speaking, being a loose cannon. Kaliyo just fits perfectly for me.

I've figured, that my agent has become disillusioned to Empire and is considering a future as a smuggler or bounty hunter.

Can't really see any problem story wise.

Its also pretty silly how we get her. I mean we've known her for the best part of 5 minutes and Imperial Intelligence are suddenly all like "Hey I just met you, and this is crazy....but join our top secret Agency which totally no one should know about but for whatever reason were going to trust a psychopathic anarachist like you aboard, and make you well aware of our top secret objectives and dossier" I mean really??

Actually, everyone in the Empire knows what the Intelligence is, and they know to fear them. It is sort of like KGB in USSR, the secret state police with basically unlimited authorization to make enemies of the Empire "disappear".

I think I might give Kaliyo a a bit more chance on my next Agent playthrough, as I found Temple to be a bit crazy with her "all-hail-our-Sith-overlords" views.

Only one that really rubbed me the wrong way was "Dr Mengele" Lokin.

I didnt like "Patricide" Temple and Jaesa much either.

Skadge was just dumb and rude, but not that annoying.

Vette, Kaliyo, Gault were hilarious! So many good laughs with them.

My favorites are the adorable Blizz and Scorpio!

I wish I could have married that robot, sexiest voice in the game, lol

I loved Kaliyo as well, awesome companion. Liked all the agent characters, they're all a little crazy.

The smuggler companions are okay as well. I can see that someone thinks Corso/Bowdaar might be a little boring but I like them. The smuggler has the most awesome companion of all, in Guss Tuno. I think Akavi might be the companion I've liked the least, she didn't really fit in on my smuggler operation.

I find it fun to play my agent like that. I mean undermining the authorities, doing the exact opposite thing that I was asked and generally speaking, being a loose cannon. Kaliyo just fits perfectly for me.

I've figured, that my agent has become disillusioned to Empire and is considering a future as a smuggler or bounty hunter.

Can't really see any problem story wise.

It might be fun from individual gameplay perspective but it just does not make sense story-wise. No matter how hard you try to do the "opposite thing that you are asked", if you wish to progress the storyline you first have accept and then complete the missions your imperial superiors are giving you. One does not risk his/her neck to perform highly dangerous missions for the fun of it. Especially when doing it for the benefit of someone or something he/she opposes. Better off being bounty hunter or smuggler from the beginning and at least do the missions for the personal gain.

Okay if the character gets disillusioned with Empire at the end of the storyline and then quits that is fine. But opposing Empire from the start and doing countless of missions for them before quitting is ridiculous and plain stupid.

Edited by Path-x

IA) Kaliyo - your whole job is to hunt threats to the Empire and eliminate them why is someone selling information still on my ship rather than a hole in the ground? I found Temple a bit disturbing but at least she's loyal to the Empire so I can live with her I just tend to leave her monitoring comms.

SI) Xalek - does he actually do anything other than be a bad knock off of Khem? I'd much prefer to get

Darth Zash

on Belsavis given what the class quest there involves.

SW) Broonmark - much like Xalek I just can't see the point in him. Quinn of course for the usual reasons

BH) Skadge - just go die in a fire you sadist. He's not even competent in his introductory cutscenes!

JK) Rusk - There's get the job done and there's being incompetent guess which you are.

i kinda cringed a bit when Kaliyo joined my IA. i was really mad when i had to take Gault and Skadge as my companions. i'm starting to warm up to Gault a bit, but Skadge? no. Rusk and Iresso also seemed a bit out of place on my Jedi. Broonmark made absolutely no sense to me.

A close second though - Sargent Rusk. There is no reason why the Jedi Knight would take him aboard.
I'll second this. He's really the odd man out. An SIS agent would have probably fit in better with the jedi knight than a guy the higher ups obviously wanted to get rid of (really? Assigned to the Knight until the Sith Empire is defeated?).

I'm half and half on Doc. He's a moodmaker, but has no real place with the jedi knight aside from being a robin hood-esque doctor. Not to mention, any guy that thinks Kira is uptight is probably not in the spectrum that a JK would want to keep around.

No, I thought she was awesome. So at least two people like her.

I love having her with my Operative. She's helped define my character beyond the basic idea I started with:

A Chiss talented at bending rules and authority figures almost to their breaking point, spinning situations to his benefit. He has a directive from the Chiss Ascendancy: study the Sith, study the Empire, push their buttons without actually making them snap, learn their strengths and weaknesses - a double agent from the start. Every conversation, every situation is a chess game with changing rules he has to adapt to, play to his advantage, without crossing his own sketchy lines on right and wrong. That makes Kaliyo a special kind of rush for someone like him.

I like Lokin. He's another challenge. Vector is... strange. Temple I've only just met. And I hear there's a killer robot in my near future. Should be fun.

But companions I did not like so far (having played Warrior and Knight all the way through):

1: Broonmark - is a homicidal maniac I'd have put down given the choice.

2: Rusk - I simply have no use for, makes little sense.

3: Doc - I really wish I had no use for him.

Ones I'm on the fence about:

1: Jaesa (Light Side) - Had no interest in creating a bloodthirsty psycho (see Broonmark) but uh... this version is kind of creepy, like a fanatic or zealot, all Joan of Arc. I'd like to send her back to the Jedi with a private note for the council saying, "I did what all of you could not. You're welcome."

2: Scourge - his story ends feeling somewhat unresolved.

3: Ashara - She makes sense for my male Assassin tank (story-wise and in playstyle) but I think she's going to be horrible with my scarred, chaotic Sorceress.

4: Kira - For all that she's with you, all the companion conversations you have with her, Kira rings hollow in my opinion if you're not playing a male Knight. I'm going to try that eventually, go Guardian so I can have her around past Balmorra.

Skadge. I hate ...no, utterly DESPISE Skadge. I never wanted him on my ship, and the only way I want him on my ship now is stuffed and mounted- oh, and then I'll shoot him out the airlock, because I STILL wouldn't want him taking up room. His affection is massively negative with me and he's STILL THERE.

This actually made me angry at BioWare for forcing him on me and not having any way I can say 'get the hell off my ship'.

I know they removed the ability to kill off companions way back in beta, but they should have initiated a way for 'you're not wanted on my ship' and if they were to ever become important story-wise down the road, well, I'm sure they can intrude upon our lives once more.

Vette: Obnoxious and annoying, I wanted nothing more then to force choke her and throw her out of the airlock.

Ashara: Too wimpy and ineffective, for some reason she comes across as incredibly whiny and annoying rather then the naive innocence I think they were trying to go for, I don't like that you can't corrupt her to the dark side at all.

Jorgan: No specific reason, I just find him grating whenever he complains about my dark side choices. I can honestly picture my trooper constantly turning to him and going "shut up jorgan!"

I am not a fan of sergeant rusk, I believe it would have been better to switch rusk with jorgan, jorgan seems like a better fit with the jedi knight while Rusk's victory at all costs and pragmatism makes him a good match to my dark side trooper. I loved all the BH and smuggler companions but I haven't played Consular yet so I can't comment.

After I finished the Ashara storyline, and I couldnt turn her to the darkside I wanted to get rid of her. She was a waste of time and my gifts. Tharan Cedrax.....needs to leave. Holiday can stay, I enjoy her....personality. I almost forgot to mention.....Talos.....my god that flower...he needs to sent to a work camp.

I liked Vette but I think it's weird to make a Twilek pirate a Sith Warrior companion for so much of the game, for story/roleplaying reasons. You just can't imagine Darth Vader running around with his blaster-wielding girlfriend.

Actually I can, apart from the second two films of the Prequel trilogy, I can easily imagine Vader running around with a girlfriend using a blaster. Not a twilek obviously, but so long as she was human and fitted in with his lifestyle, then I can totally imagine it.

Gotta agree with Kaliyo. Who ever thought that putting an anarchist with an I.A. would be a good match needs to have their head examined. I'm supposed to be returning order to the Empire not encouraging chaos. Can't wait to replace her.

Vette is just the wrong campaign or the Sith Warrior. She's to perky. I'm beginning to regret removing the slave collar.

Maybe they'll give us the option of swapping the two.

I never did understand the rampant Kaliyo hate. She amuses the heck out of me. To each his own, I guess.

For me, the worst out of the ones I've gone through so far would be:

Xalek - The most useless, weak excuse of a Companion ever. There is absolutely no point to his character, you get him before the LAST planet in your story, his personal missions are ridiculously shallow and, to add insult to injury, he's a lousy, Light armored tank. Because of this guy Inquisitors don't even get a ranged tank. Horrendous waste.

Broonmark - Almost ties Xalek for dullness. Beyond the missions where you first recruit him he has basically no story and gives no real reason why the Sith Warrior should even accept him as a member of the crew.

Yuun - Once again, an alien character with basically no story to speak of. Initially interesting, he fades into the background after you recruit him and simply becomes Gand Culture Guy. Still, there's a lot more justification for his presence given than there is for Broonie and Bone Face.

Skadge - I haven't even recruited him yet and I'm already prejudiced against him...

Companions they SHOULD have given us instead: Thana Vesh, Sergeant Jaxo, Apprentices Kaal and / or Corinn, Anuli, etc...

actually, I LOVE Xalek. He just has this Sithy feel to him, and I would switch to have him as my SW companion instead of Pierce. He's a good apprentice, he's loyal, and he's one dang good tank!

i dunno why everyone hates him. the moment he just punched the Twi'lek down in front of Harken made me instantly think, "Wow, this guy is a bad***". He's a great tank, and I often can't decide between him and Khem Val.

However, yet again I can't say I'm a Jaesa fan. I want a real Sith APPRENTICE! we have enough double-blade wielders without Jaesa, and now Nomen Karr's lost padawan ends up on my ship. She's a good DPS, and I respect her for that, but the split personallity thing just makes me feel awkward. On one hand you've got a crazy ***** who is desperate for a *******, but on the other hand is the goody two-shoes Jedi who wants to change the Empire. Something in the middle, please? A companion with a single-bladed lightsaber? Thank you.

1. Kaliyo - poisoned and stabbed to death in her sleep.

2. Skadge - fed to the world razer on belsavis.

3. Corso - shoved into a large rakghoul nest on taris.

4. Quinn - thrown into a wampa cave on hoth...naked.

I really loathe all the people in beta who *****ed that they couldn't get their companion back after they killed them. I mean really?!? what did you think was going to happen? what makes it worse is that 2 of them are on the gd bridge of my ship!!! BW please reinstate the ability to kill companions.

^I second this, not like crafting is going anywhere anyways (everything will soon be buy are Cartel Market). Or atleast get the option to replace them with droids after you push them out the airlock near a star.