The Grand Acquisitions Race

CourtneyWoods

Mostly, I like the event. The big thing that I spotted quite late is that the social gear set includes Moddable Bracer and Belts, which will be awesome for all but 2 of my characters. I have a Vanguard and a Sniper, so I'm going for the Bowcasters on those too. (The level 50 version is a little better than Tionese, but not as good as Columi -- but since the Columi weapon only drops in content that you'd be lucky to get as a fresh 50 (KP Story mode from Karagga, or from Dr Lorick in LI HM), I think it's a good early purchase).

Nar Shadda's "people per instance" seems to have been tweaked so that there's no more than 100 people per instance, so the "event" stuff seems manageable, but the boxes are still too rare given how many people are looking for them.

This is largely because of the poor design of the "Vandrayk Tuning Apparatus" mission. It should just require collecting 6 pieces, not 6 UNIQUE pieces. Fix THAT, and the frustration of opening dozens of boxes for your last piece will go away. Those pieces aren't even set with a unique item limit, which means that, if you are doing it in a group and have auto-loot turned on, you'll have taken a piece that someone else in the group needs without being able to do anything. FIX THIS MISSION and you'll have fixed at least half the problems with the whole event.

I also agree that the rewards should be Bind-on-Legacy.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the event :D

Got most of the items fixed. Have bought 2 legacy-weapons that look really really nice. A sniper rifle and a blaster rifle. Think I'm going to get a few more of those.

I'm not to worried about this event rewarding rifles, I'm just getting my hands on everything I find goodlooking. One day they will have an even that rewards lightsabers, or thechstaves. We don't get every single thing at one time. My friend got everything that could be collected from the Rakghoul-event, I was busy with work so I missed it completely. Now it's the other way around, he's swamped, might not be able to participate. I'm collecting all the pretty things I can get my hands on. Who knows what we will get in the next event.

So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game

A) Ongoing event

B) Announced in the game-launcher AND in fleet

So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game

Lol, there is a new terminal on the fleet. The patcher has a giant picture, and the website has a video!

No hint? Its everywhere man! Not biowares fault you're blind.

I'm loving the event, I finally got a speeder with some style. 3 bowcasters for future or current alts, a frogdog pet hopefully soon, and I plan on getting the entire sandpeople armor set for multiple characters and the 3 level 50 bowcasters.

Hey, the event breaks up the daily grind of WZs/Ops/Fps/Dailes. Good enough for me.

It would be nice if they could post a list of the rewards.

Also, why make a event that not everyone can participate in?

Would be better to make events like this on each start zone planet, then everyone could be a part of it and it would make everyone more happy, both high levels and low levels.

;)

"great riches". Where? All I seen so far is weapons for 2 AC's. a crap speeder, a ugly pet and some Sand people armor.

Where are the "great riches" you talking about? Do you mean the pet and the title in the end?

Lol, there is a new terminal on the fleet. The patcher has a giant picture, and the website has a video!

No hint? Its everywhere man! Not biowares fault you're blind.

Three places isn't everywhere. If you were already logged in and don't hang out in the fleet 24/7 it's easy to miss. And to be honest, the rewards are so bad I'm not surprised they're not making a big deal of it.

Bioware it's nice to see you cater to 3 classes instead of supporting all of them. This event was a waste of my time as I don't play a sniper, operative, or vanguard. The rewards need to be upgraded and have more use aside from being more suited towards imperial agents and a vanguard. It's like you favour these three classes and publicly choose to hold the others back. Not a good stance to take considering the majority of the player base doesn't only play these three classes.

Last event all those light stick wielding sissies got green-black crystals. Didnt do a lot for those of us with guns ;)

My main is a Smuggler, so yeah Ive been left out of any cool weapon stuff, so if the 3rd event doesnt have something pistol-ish, then I can understand being upset, but so far:

All jedi got the chance to swing the green-black stick, the troopers (Commando's can use the crossbow, the only skill I wasnt able to use was Hail of bolts or w/e) and IA's get some cool stuff this time.

I think a pistol version, like a smaller crossbow would have been a good move, but they didnt do it.

If you're reading this while wearing a tin foil hat, then yes, BW hates you and your smuggler/Bounty Hunter!

EDIT: And people complaining that the armor for this event is just a reskinned set thats already available. . . well the containment set was also just a reskin of the Troopers Tionese/Columi/Rakata set so, at least they're consistant :p

Edited by TheHastyTadpole

Dulfy has a list of the currently available rewards. If you meant ones that may be available in the future, this is no help.

Okey and what kind of site is that? I dont click nor visit all kinds of websites.

EA/BW Should have posted what rewards there was and dont force players to visit other minor sites for this info.

Okey and what kind of site is that? I dont click nor visit all kinds of websites.

EA/BW Should have posted what rewards there was and dont force players to visit other minor sites for this info.

Dulfy is one of us, a gamer, except she takes the time to make fantastic write ups on almost everything to do with this game and others. Seriously, recommend having a look at her guide(s), it'll be worth the visit :)

I don't really get what is all this hate...it's just an event where you can get some visuals -pet,armor,bowcaster-which is by the way "bind to legacy",doable by 20+ players,it's not an endgame event-it's just for fun,you can even send the tokens to your alts-or sell them...or don't do it if you don't like it-you won't lose anything important...

And just a suggestion for the developers-some part you should make instanced-like the mirrors in Grathan's...trolls who like to annoy people using this,and if you are going f2p you will have a way more trolls in the game...

Edited by Memos

There have been alot of bugs happening lately, and alot of my guild members are also waiting on ticket responses.

Now, in the midst of all those bugs, this event comes along.

Tons of people asking Bioware about the vendor does in fact come with more rewards to purchase later on.

Still, there seem to be no replies by Bioware - seems like they've forgotten the paying customer.

SWTOR will become Free to play, and Bioware will let alot of people go, working on SWTOR.

More and more people will eventually leave the game, and it will become a troll-feast.

So very sad to see where this is all going.

-- An avid SWTOR player. :confused:

So I see all the complaining about there not being anything but ranged weapons and think, "That sucks, but oh well, I can send it to my alt."

So then I get there and check out the vendor, and there are blaster rifles and sniper rifles. Great, but my alt uses an assault cannon. Did you have to limit it that severely?

Not to mention that the other rewards are anemic at best. I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason to participate.

The problem is that people have never had to work for anything in a mmo they were always told what to do exactly where to go and whome to kill i kinda like the challenge and if any of you remember how they did the rakgoul event after the first day or so they added stuff to the vendor.

I have a problem. I got 99 tokens in my inv from crates... I completed the items in my list (Except the two, Orange and Black sphere and the Jar thingie) and I got +5 tokens for each item I got... well my tokens still remain at 99 AFTER completing the items. None of the +5 tokens per item quest have been added to my inv.

Anyone else have that problem?

I have a problem. I got 99 tokens in my inv from crates... I completed the items in my list (Except the two, Orange and Black sphere and the Jar thingie) and I got +5 tokens for each item I got... well my tokens still remain at 99 AFTER completing the items. None of the +5 tokens per item quest have been added to my inv.

Anyone else have that problem?

They only stack up to 99. Check for another stack in your inventory.

Between finding crates i hunted down imperials on Nar Shaddaa for some OPvP. Especially when they were going for a crate and I could kill them then take the crate myself.

Very nice!! Not excited that you chose the wrong side and were killing good people with loving families, BUT, excellent way to put a positive twist on the experience. Who knew Pubs could be so wily.

Laser was realy hard. So many people random pressing buttons...

That's why I'm skipping it on all my participating toons. I won't be able to complete the hunt, I won't get my shiny new title and pet...but I'll have saved myself a lot of annoyance at the immaturity and lack of cooperation this event has brought out in people.

Don't get me wrong, I saw (and did and had) a lot of helping yesterday but it was far outweighed by the rudeness- especially in the case of the laser. All the rational pleas in general for everyone to group and get it done were drowned out by name-calling and insults. Fun (I left DK at that point).

A very poorly planned event for post-server-merges.

Making a world event that only applies to two classes is absolutely ridiculous. Do the devs not realize this game is called star wars and people use lightsabers? If this is the type of content we should be expecting when this game goes f2p then I will be finding something else to play.

Making a world event that only applies to two classes is absolutely ridiculous. Do the devs not realize this game is called star wars and people use lightsabers? If this is the type of content we should be expecting when this game goes f2p then I will be finding something else to play.

All those people complaining that there's no reward for force users... How about smugglers :( We didn't get anything last time either.

Edited by DarthNoobious