Weapon min/max damage on crafted item

Grondar

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the damage numbers on a purple prototype sniper rifle I crafted for one of my alts, an imperial agent/sniper.

The pop-up for the rifle, before equipping, showed that it would be a 84-100 damage output increase for me compared to my current rifle. After equipping however, the increase was only 13-20. The thing is there is an 8 level gap between the requirements of both rifles, with both being purple gear, so the gap should be way more than 13-20.

When I equip the lower level rifle I already had, I noticed that the base damage for the rifle is correctly input into the damage equation for my character, the game takes that damage, adds my bonus damage and voila. The base numbers that show on the rifle itself and in the equation are equal.

When I equip the newly crafted higher level rifle however, the game decimates the base damage for the rifle in the equation. I think its base damage is around 210-260 for min and max, and after equipping it, the game reduces this base damage to around 130-180 and then adds my bonus damage, which is thus only 13-20 more damage than the old one.

Do any of you have experience with this? Is this a bug or does something else factor into this? Thank you in advance.