Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Im sorry, but this seems really strange to me...

In the thread made yesterday http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=691258#edit691258 bioware announced the weekly maintenance and that they would try their best to keep these weekly maintenance's on off peak-hours.

And that seems correct in the US, but in europe the time is 10AM to 4PM.... How is that in anyway during off peak-hours. Its in the middle off the day.

They even have physical servers in europe so why cant we have maintenance on those servers when its the best time for us and not when its the best time for the US?

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there, everyone! We have recreated this thread, as the previous discussion went over 1,000 posts. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that users are allowed to disagree with one another - repeatedly telling others to "stay on topic" or stating you are ignoring them is not constructive or conducive to healthy discussion. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being a troll, don’t feed them. Simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly discussion!

Don't be passive about it.

This is what I did and what you can do.

My account -> cancel my subscription

I am cancelling because: "Other"

Also: "Other"

Your comments: "EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN"

If you want to force a change we need to pull altogether the right string in the right direction.

It's not about the downtime it's about principle service for us the EU player base.

If you do not wish that your concerns will be ignored in future, then please join me now.

#EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN

I did it.

Some other people did it as well.

You can do it to.

If that won't make BW change their policy then they really do not deserve our money.

I did it.

You can do it to.

If that won't make BW change their policy then they really do not deserve our money.

I would if I could, actually, but I'm not technically subscribed. Using game time, it simply registers the number of days left, but no option to cancel.

As an insurance agent I work at evenings, am I not normal then? I bet my earnings are 5x times yours.

Well obviously you are the norm and we should all change our schedules to accomodate you, you make the big bucks ofcourse so clearly your opinion has a lot more weight :cool:

Nobody said anything about hiring a lawyer. All that we've said is that the corporate contract EA/BW tries to enforce (ToS / EULA) has no legal value in Europe. Unlike some other so-called civilized and abysmally ignorant region of this earth.

You have payed less than i did for a service that has indeed been supplied to you but has not been supplied to me in the same terms, and even more, it will not be supplied at the same standards as yours in the near future.

Edited by Meluna

Well obviously you are the norm and we should all change our schedules to accomodate you, you make the big bucks ofcourse so clearly your opinion has a lot more weight :cool:

What about 2-nd shift workers, bartneders etc?

Are they supposed to play at night instead of having normal day because BW set a GLOBAL maintenance in US night time?

Edited by ninoss

I would if I could, actually, but I'm not technically subscribed. Using game time, it simply registers the number of days left, but no option to cancel.

So are you able to play?

i thought you were unable to play unless you had a subscription (either a time card or CC bought time)

I did it.

You can do it to.

Wow this is stupid. You don't like maintenance times so you unsub?

That's odd, as it requires to set a subsrciption in order to actually use 30 days included in the copy.

But well, maybe they changed that.

No, what you have to do is subscribe first, then cancel. Once you've activated a subscription, you can then cancel and will have access to the forums until the date your sub runs out.

I really dont understand their reasoning for this and its rather annoying knowing that the servers will be unavailable every tuesday afternoon.

Hopefully we can get some clarification on this or maybe its just me overreacting?

Reason is simple: they are US based and don't give a **** about european players. Even though they pay actually more (higher suscription fee) for less (6 days a week instead of 7).

Wow this is stupid. You don't like maintenance times so you unsub?

Yep.

If not accepting being treated as a second grade customer is stupid for you then keep being a mindless drone. I have enough self respect to require same quality of service for same (or atcually higher) amount of money I pay for said service.

Edited by ninoss

What about 2-nd shift workers, bartneders etc?

Are they supposed to play at night instead of having normal day because BW set a GLOBAL maintenance in US night time?

Yes? There's no way they can do their maintenance and not have someone getting upset cos he/ she wants to play right at that time.

On thing is obvious: You can't hope to gain clients from other established MMO in Europe if you're providing a worse service than them.

And BW and SWTOR are the worst MMO with physical infraestructure in Europe in customer service. If they keep they manteniance downtimes in US time for Europe, they are not only going to gain customers form those MMO games., they are going to made those customers going back to the games of the competence.

It's hilarious that even the Free to Play MMOs have a better customer service in Europe than the lastest MMO launched in Europe (And I'm talking about this game).

The newest one has the worst service of all of them, FTP included. And it's a monthly membership fee... HILARIOUS! :cool:

Yep.

If not accepting being treated as a second grade customer is stupid for you then keep being a mindless drone. I have enough self respect to require some quality of service for same (or atcually higher) amount of money I pay for said service.

Amen to that

Ooooh, being able to use sarcasm really does you credit. Who'd have thought you'd have it in you.

Of course he is not the norm. The norm is that when you sleep, all Earth goes to sleep too, and it's not like the Earth just moves around the Sun, according to some almost unworthy of mention Newton or Einstein's laws, it does so only to give beautiful sunrises and amazing sunsets to those god loving supremely blessed "you".

Why the whole Universe exists only so that "you" should have something else other than sheep to count when they chose to go on some boy scout camping and sleep outdoors.

Edited by Urdnaxela

Yes? There's no way they can do their maintenance and not have someone getting upset cos he/ she wants to play right at that time.

Ofc, yet there is least players in middle of a night, in contradiction to middle of a DAY.

Easy enough or should I draw it for you?

On thing is obvious: You can't hope to gain clients from other established MMO in Europe if you're providing a worse service than them.

And BW and SWTOR are the worst MMO with physical infraestructure in Europe in customer service. If they keep they manteniance downtimes in US time for Europe, they are not only going to gain customers form those MMO games., they are going to made those customers going back to the games of the competence.

It's hilarious that even the Free to Play MMOs have a better customer service in Europe than the lastest MMO launched in Europe (And I'm talking about this game).

The newest one has the worst service of all of them, FTP included. And it's a monthly membership fee... HILARIOUS! :cool:

One point for you bro

/agree

Has there been any major MMO's developed in the EU?

AoC, Eve online. Learn a bit before posting.

Edited by Meluna

okay so lemme get this straight...bioware, an american company (austin texas) should just give the euros what they want? sorry but I dont think thats going to happen...and besides they could change the hours but it would just be the same for americans then...both parties cant be happy. might as well pick the side you live in