sniper marksman shields all of them still bad

Malisaah

i thought you guys said you fixed the shields im still getting knocked out of them i turn all my shilds on and i mean all of them even bunker and im still being knocked out of them and even been tossed back several feet and stuned by one guy and another took my health 95% down in one hit in my shields your fix bites ***** and the damage we do still very very piss'n poor. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

And entrench's knockback protection only really works in pvp. Probably 80% of the strong, elite, champion, and boss mobs you fight in PvE will knock you right out of cover even with entrench active.

When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.

i was in pvp i had All i repeat All my shields up,Cover Screen ,entrenched ,Ballistic Shield ,Shield Probe , and the did 95% damage to me in one hit and knocked me back several feet stuned.

Next time use evasion too. Then you'll be invincible.

If we had a true combat log that shows damage incoming, you'd know what hit you. Then you could post the screenshot. I find shield probe absorbs a few hits, I'm guessing you were focus fired by multiple people. Get off the train tracks.

When this happens to you, it is a bug - please report it as such and we will work to get them all taken care of. The name of the mob in question, and your quest (if any) are useful in tracking these down. Bonus if you can tell us the name of the ability that knocked you out.

So let me get this straight; ANY time in PvE where we get knocked out while entrench is up; we should report it as a bug?

I know for sure the imperial quest on Alderan where you have to slow the assault on the outposts and get the droid chips (which you return to house Thul and find an attack under ground afterwards), the commandos fire rockets at you that make you bounce out of cover, even with entrench on.

So let me get this straight; ANY time in PvE where we get knocked out while entrench is up; we should report it as a bug?

It might be easier to list the enemies against whom it does work. :p

I know for sure the imperial quest on Alderan where you have to slow the assault on the outposts and get the droid chips (which you return to house Thul and find an attack under ground afterwards), the commandos fire rockets at you that make you bounce out of cover, even with entrench on.

That quest is called Multiple Fronts, and the mobs that use the knockback missiles are called Guerilla Commandos. They come in packs of 2-3 or so, so as a sniper getting repeatedly knocked back without anything to do about it, especially since we're only in the upper 20s and still heavily reliant on Snipe for damage, it's pretty frustrating and quite easy to die on that quest (even if you know what you're doing).

Just a few other examples of Entrench failing to function, off the top of my head:

1. Yadira Ban's pull (Cyclone Nova) in Black Talon.
  2. Chief Engineer Kels's knockbacks from the electrical generators in Boarding Party.
  3. Everyone's favorite: the Infernal Council guys in normal mode Eternity Vault (not hard or nightmare mode, for whatever reason -- just normal). I actually suspect this was the "cover integrity" mechanic that was removed in 1.2, but I haven't had a chance to try EV on normal mode to test it out yet.

Edited by Tibbel

I'll be checking out entrench in nightmare mode for both KP and EV this next reset. I'll post what happens for anyone who's wondering if it works in the new patch.

Update: Doesn't look like my guild will be doing KP / EV this week due to the progression in EC, maybe next week.

Edited by Sura

It might be easier to list the enemies against whom it does work. :p

That quest is called Multiple Fronts, and the mobs that use the knockback missiles are called Guerilla Commandos. They come in packs of 2-3 or so, so as a sniper getting repeatedly knocked back without anything to do about it, especially since we're only in the upper 20s and still heavily reliant on Snipe for damage, it's pretty frustrating and quite easy to die on that quest (even if you know what you're doing).

lol Yeah. It probably would be easier to list the ones that it actually works on but then again, after that Multiple Fronts; I think I quit trying as I don't think it ever has worked in any of my other attempts.

The rocketeers on Alderaan knock you out even if you're entrenched. When they do their rocket launch.

Wait wait, you mean the infernal council EV individual fight, when the marauders (the boss for dps) knock you out of entrench is actually a bug?

I REALLY REALLY HATE WHEN HE DOES THAT.

There are a lot of things in raid that knocks you out or up that I really think entrench should block! I wish a Dev would post as to specifically whether or not we should be reporting when it does not work in raids; be it on trash or raid bosses. I would expect that it never working on raid bosses is the mechanic they intended, but clarity would be nice after that previous yellow post.

oh yeah in PVE i noticed my sniper dies in like 30 seconds. if you guys could fix this in a future update that would be cool because im not running operations till then Bio-Ware

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes I can also confirm the commandos on the one quest in Alderon knock you out of entrench every time. Just last night too I was on Voidstar and popped entrench defending a door and suddenly very soon was knocked out of it. This has happened on a few occasions in pvp. On a huttball I noticed I was knocked back out of entrench (only about 5 feet but still ruined entrench).

Most times I see issues with it it seems related to knockbacks but seeing how I can't show any combat information in my chat windows no matter what I do (reload ui and making sure combat information is checked) I cannot report what could be causing this.

Edited by Tamanous

Dont forget that Diversion from th Marksman tree does knock you out of cover even while entrenched, next time it happens, look for the green smoke cloud.

This I am fully aware of and is why I instantly look to see if there is a sniper near. On voidstar however I often entrench on the bridge when defending so to slow the enemy crossing and knock some off bridge if they are stupid. Seeing a sniper is easy as they approach yet I have been knocked back out of entrench by a sorc when only the two of us were on bridge. Only knocked me about 5 feet and I still knocked her off bridge. These are the situations that make me wonder ... when no obvious reason is apparent.

It could simply be that there are other classes with this ability ... which makes me wonder why snipers even have entrench then if it is to protect us against other classes. Other snipers are fine with it as it gives more reason to have one in group.

Edited by Tamanous

This I am fully aware of and is why I instantly look to see if there is a sniper near. On voidstar however I often entrench on the bridge when defending so to slow the enemy crossing and knock some off bridge if they are stupid. Seeing a sniper is easy as they approach yet I have been knocked back out of entrench by a sorc when only the two of us were on bridge. Only knocked me about 5 feet and I still knocked her off bridge. These are the situations that make me wonder ... when no obvious reason is apparent.

It could simply be that there are other classes with this ability ... which makes me wonder why snipers even have entrench then if it is to protect us against other classes. Other snipers are fine with it as it gives more reason to have one in group.

I dont beleive any other classes have such a thing (if they did it would be moronic), this has never happened to me, but i don't doubt it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Enraged Savage Wampa in The Bone Pits zone of Hoth.

• 2 months later...
Yes I can also confirm the commandos on the one quest in Alderon knock you out of entrench every time. Just last night too I was on Voidstar and popped entrench defending a door and suddenly very soon was knocked out of it. This has happened on a few occasions in pvp. On a huttball I noticed I was knocked back out of entrench (only about 5 feet but still ruined entrench).

Most times I see issues with it it seems related to knockbacks but seeing how I can't show any combat information in my chat windows no matter what I do (reload ui and making sure combat information is checked) I cannot report what could be causing this.

really i never got knocked off on Multiple Fronts and never got knocked out of cover in pvp leveling and 50 until entrench wears off...but the rest of the other *bugs* have happened to me

Edited by xephoniphulus