1.1 Patch fixed stuff...

Just not the IMPORTANT stuff...

I've been raiding VoE for 2 weeks now, and every night we step into the instance, each boss bugs atleast twice before we get a clean attempt (bot not spawning, power cells not spawning, gharj one shotting with frenzy, etc), but this isn't even the retarded part.

Not one of these bosses has working loot. This game as a WHOLE doesn't have a working loot system. I understand that maybe BW wanted to do something different, but it appears that all loot is stuck on Round Robin. And chests? Don't get me started on chests. Either they don't open, or the loot is Denied Access, even to those who's names are on it. Aside from that, people who require and would benefit MORE from loot, usually lose that peice to someone with a better peice, or who already have it.

Ridiculous.

This is true today as well, Post-1.1, as per Council in VoE. Several people were barred loot from the chest. Several people did not recieve any loot at all. Master Loot did not work.

i mean really...you can't even /roll.

if a game can't be released with working loot, there's no point in releasing the game.

also, parts of the floor missing on Soa, graphical errors that result in world objects flickering in and out of existence, dying to nothing when just standing around in EV, bot getting stuck in his aoe missile phase indefinitely, puzzle boss not turning either left or right...

not a bug, but still idiotic, everytime i open a petition to refute a bug, and try and get deserved loot, or a quest mob reset, or a boss reset, or a broken phase reset, i get a stupid notification from some LARP'ing CSR thanking me for letting them know, but not ONCE have I ever TALKED to anyone about the **** that goes on.

I thought BW was a company that treated their player base with fun things like respect, and supported the community...

Frequent updates don't do anything if you're just adding more content and neglecting the stuff that's there.

FUN FACT: I bet even there's even MORE people who would cancel subs over broken gameplay than there are people who cancel subs over lack of content.

Edited by fleeZy

Sucks you're having issues. I've only run EV twice so far and even then just on normal. We had an issue this week trying to run 16 man which we see was patched today. Other than that, no issues.

Bonethresher is another story. If we get lucky on whose dead when we zone in (or figure out an order that helps us heh), it's a kill. If we don't it's a race to hit the exit zone button.

I have to agree with the OP. A loot system with a fair way to distribute treasure is paramount to any mmo. Its the whole point of any rpg. Nothing will discourage players more than working really hard at a goal only to find no reward or worse, a reward that is unreasonably distributed. It does'nt matter how entertaining the encounter is. Edited by Derfmiolleh

On normal loot always gets assigned to players to automatically, probably to avoid ninjaing stuff in pug raids.

Very annoying since you can't help gearing up new players, and people with better gear still get all the lower tier stuff.

However, chests are a real pain in the ***.

First of all, they aren't loot-able by multiple people, often only one can loot while for the rest of the raid the loot window won't open until that one person has closed their window.

Second, even assigned persons who should get loot get an "Access denied" error sometimes.

Only way to fix this, is to pass leader of the op to the person who needs to loot - and so on, until every item is looted by the people who got assigned to loot.

Edited by WakeXT

What's VoE?

Do you mean EV?

edit: nvm yes you do. Yup, and enjoy the Soa bugging 10x in a row because he won't go vulnerable despite being hit by the pillar.

already happened, as well as a SLEW of other bugs on that particular boss.

We found that if u have master looter enabled chests bug out and don't let you loot. This was easily fixed by xfering group leader to another person. Not sure why but when we passed group leader to another player we were able to get the gear. Try it in ur next EV, hope it works for you until they fix this stupid issue.

i mean really...you can't even /roll. if a game can't be released with working loot, there's no point in releasing the game.

Ummmm have you skipped flashpoints? The loot system is fine. You don't need master loot if you are running with your guild or with people you can trust. That's the number 1 rule to raiding. Roll Need if you Need it and Greed for companions or if you wanna sell it if no one needs it. Simple. Second, if you are pugging, which I highly doubt, then its hit or miss. People are either douches or not. Establish loot rules prior to the run. If someone doesn't adhere to the rules you specified before even downing a boss, then put a ticket in.

Grow up, its a game. You'll win loot and lose loot. Not the end of the world. Its meant for fun...not to show off your pixelated gear and epeen. If you need that much of an ego boost, then you need to get out more. Sorry your mommy didn't love you more. But you're a big boy now. Welcome to the real world. Where everything doesn't revolve around you. (Unless you're Peter Griffin and you can make a TV and other stuff orbit you) :D

Ummmm have you skipped flashpoints? The loot system is fine. You don't need master loot if you are running with your guild or with people you can trust. That's the number 1 rule to raiding. Roll Need if you Need it and Greed for companions or if you wanna sell it if no one needs it. Simple. Second, if you are pugging, which I highly doubt, then its hit or miss. People are either douches or not. Establish loot rules prior to the run. If someone doesn't adhere to the rules you specified before even downing a boss, then put a ticket in.

Grow up, its a game. You'll win loot and lose loot. Not the end of the world. Its meant for fun...not to show off your pixelated gear and epeen. If you need that much of an ego boost, then you need to get out more. Sorry your mommy didn't love you more. But you're a big boy now. Welcome to the real world. Where everything doesn't revolve around you. (Unless you're Peter Griffin and you can make a TV and other stuff orbit you) :D

Except that in Normal Mode Operations, loot is auto assigned, which is what he was complaining about. You never get a roll dialog box, every piece of gear aside from schematics and biometric alloys are assigned by the game completely randomly (accounting for class thankfully). This becomes frustrating when say one of your two or three Mercenaries wins the same belt they are wearing for two weeks in a row (had it the first week we went in too), and your other two Mercs are left there getting nothing.

Could easily be solved by allowing gear to be traded to eligible players within a certain time frame like other games allow. That alone would make most of the Normal Mode loot frustrations disappear.

Ummmm have you skipped operations?

What's VoE?

Do you mean EV?

edit: nvm yes you do. Yup, and enjoy the Soa bugging 10x in a row because he won't go vulnerable despite being hit by the pillar.

1 pulled him last night with no troubles. /shrug

Re: the random loot generator, I can agree with the frustrations to a point, but the fact is that normal mode is designed to be run by fresh 50's / PUG's. If you've run the dailies for any period of time and are at 126+ in all your slots and with at least artifact grade crafted implants/ear/offhand, etc... you should be running hard mode where you can do master looter or NBG or w/e.

What's VoE?

Do you mean EV?

Happened to us too. We just thought we were not precise enough. Maybe it was a bug who knows. Also for one time Annihilation droid didn't spawn after we killed the turrets. Had to reset the instance and defeat turrets again. Pretty annoying.

Other then that we didn't encounter any major bugs but according to the community's feedback, they are happening. I don't get how this kind of bugs get past the testing and major bug fixs.

Happened to us too. We just thought we were not precise enough. Maybe it was a bug who knows. Also for one time Annihilation droid didn't spawn after we killed the turrets. Had to reset the instance and defeat turrets again. Pretty annoying.

Other then that we didn't encounter any major bugs but according to the community's feedback, they are happening. I don't get how this kind of bugs get past the testing and major bug fixs.

from my understanding, Raids don't generally get passed internal testing, and devs assume that based on the fight they know what will happen...doesn't always happen, though. I'd heard that alot of people missed testing raids in beta because of the frequent lvl wipes?