Sorcerer in PVP, Weak

SassyJaxy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my experimental spec, its doing OK... Im still getting used to it, one thing I can say tho. I have a hell of alot more moveability and adapbility than I used to have running this one. The mechanics are easy, instant casts and lightning barrage has priority, fill with lightning strik/crushing darkness/force lightning as you yourself please, if they interrupt your channel, well guess what? Lightning strike is buffed up and usable.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsbrdRbhZcrzRsMz.2

But as I said, it is very much so experimental and in early stages, but it might work well for someone else as well, I usally dont share this stuff, or read other peoples builds for that matter... kinda want to find my own path, but as I dont feel that I suck in pvp, I thought I'd pitch in.

You really shouldn't leave out polarity shift if you ever go that high in lightning. Its a great utility ability and decent offensive cooldown.

I know we are healers but the need to defend ourselves in PVP should exist, worst class for Hutt ball too, too slow and very easy to stop and kill.

1st round: deception assassin vs sorc heal - assassin start dps/stun sorc, sorc minus 50%hp, assassin get stun - break stun, continue dps - sorc minus 80% hp, assassin get second stun - sorc heal himself up to 100%hp, run away/call incs.

2nd round: see first round.

My brother plays sorcerer and he melts people pretty fast, there are no shiny 6k crits but he consistently does good damage. He can crit heals for 6k tho.

He kills the target often faster then my focus sentinel because he is ranged, and my sent has trouble hitting moving targets. And lastly sorcerers have excellent utility.

Their weakness is that they are squishy and that should not change really. Sorcerers are probably the best balanced class imo.

LOLOLOLOLOL

2/10 on your troll post kid. Nice try though.

im sorry but the fact is for a a sorc to 1v1 any of the big op classes right now (pt pyro, jugg, mara, assasin) then we need to completely out skill and have perfect cc/slow management.. and also doign everything accordlingly we will still take a moderate amoutn of dmg, and it will take baout 30 seconds- a minute to drop one of these dudes after goign through there defensive cds and hp pool.

i can also say that my sorc who isnt perfectly geared but at mix of bm and wh gear.. i can FREE cast on say a pt or jugg and it would still take me about 20 seconds at LEAST of uninterrpted full on dps to drop him...

lets look at it in reverse.. that same pt, jugg, assasin, mara gets on us and we're idk chained stunned or not ready or our knockback misses or our sprint gets bugged (sprint away but teleported back and rooted).. that MFER could drop us in about 10 seconds if not sooner..

last time i checked it was supposed to be an MMO staple that the squishiest classes could put out the most dmg..

well Bioware has a tough time with this concept because the squishiest class also goes down the easiest

most of my sorc/sage brothers can probably attest to being gunned for over and over and over simply because we take the big crits

even at 1240 expertise im still getting smashed for 6.7k and vcious thrown for 5.5k

chain mauled by sin's for 4.5k stunned for 8 seconds straight vs pts and coming ut of the stun with near no hp

and god forbid 2 classes get on us, other classes can pop defensive cooldowns and make a run/put up a fight.

a sorc gets 2 or more on them u might as well pack it in.

utility or not.. this class needs some help.. a complete revamping of the lightning and madness trees

I finally got my sniper to 50 (Engineering) and have had a Sorc at 50 for a while now as my main. Sorc is 31 pt madness build, and I waffle back and forth on 7 points in corruption for 10% extra damage on DF or 7 points in Lightning for unlimited force basicly and 20% better static shields.

What I want to know is where this idea that Sorcs have utility comes from? I had to spec points into getting my whirlwind insta cast. In PvE whirlwind is way better than slice droid. But while slice droid doesn't work at all in PvP, Flashbang has the exact same mez time as whirlwind. Except it is insta cast in every spec without wasting spec points, oh and it affects up to 5 people.

I had to go up to 31 Madness to get creeping terror, but having that snare is so nice. In fact the only thing that could be better than having a 2 sec snare at the top of your tree, would be having a 5 second snare that breaks on damage after 2 seconds, like legshot. Which oh yeah, is free too for all trees.

Static barrier is way better than shield probe, but doesn't come close to balistic probe for my whole team. Specing into the other tree means giving up my root, but I could pick up a snare on overload. In fact it is the same root on a knockback that cover pulse gets for free again. And cover pulse doesn't seem to bug out and do nothing like overload does sometimes.

Deathmark making my DOT's tick harder is nice, except it affects less than half of them.

Force Storm may not have a CD, which some idiot seems to think makes sorcs better at AoE, but I don't know a single sorc who wouldn't trade Force Storm for Orbital Strike in a heartbeat.

Something like 60% of my sorcs damage comes from Force Lighting, which is channeled and every single class has an interupt that stops me from casting it, AND makes me not cast it for 4 seconds. And FL is a big flashing neon sign that points directly to me and says I'm the one hitting you, look I'm right here. Not like Ambush or something that by the time you see it, you're already missing a huge chunk of health. Plus I have to stand still and turret while casting FL, but i don't get anything cool like Cover and entrench. So even though I'm a ranged class, and hitting that mara from my max range, as soon as he sees the lighting point back at me, he jumps me and is now no longer at max range, but at melee range.

Literally the only thing that my sniper is jealous of my sorc is 10 meters on electrocute instead of 4 on debilitate. But since 95% of the time on both classes that I want to use my stun, I am either beyond 10 meters and want to stun him so I can finish him off; or inside melee range and want to stun him to run away. So there really is not much functional difference between debilitate and electrocute.

My Sorc starts with less DPS both sustained and especially burst. And in order to get some of the utility that my sniper gets for free, I have to give up extra DPS and spec into it? Poor poor design.

I finally got my sniper to 50 (Engineering) and have had a Sorc at 50 for a while now as my main. Sorc is 31 pt madness build, and I waffle back and forth on 7 points in corruption for 10% extra damage on DF or 7 points in Lightning for unlimited force basicly and 20% better static shields.

What I want to know is where this idea that Sorcs have utility comes from? I had to spec points into getting my whirlwind insta cast. In PvE whirlwind is way better than slice droid. But while slice droid doesn't work at all in PvP, Flashbang has the exact same mez time as whirlwind. Except it is insta cast in every spec without wasting spec points, oh and it affects up to 5 people.

I had to go up to 31 Madness to get creeping terror, but having that snare is so nice. In fact the only thing that could be better than having a 2 sec snare at the top of your tree, would be having a 5 second snare that breaks on damage after 2 seconds, like legshot. Which oh yeah, is free too for all trees.

Static barrier is way better than shield probe, but doesn't come close to balistic probe for my whole team. Specing into the other tree means giving up my root, but I could pick up a snare on overload. In fact it is the same root on a knockback that cover pulse gets for free again. And cover pulse doesn't seem to bug out and do nothing like overload does sometimes.

Deathmark making my DOT's tick harder is nice, except it affects less than half of them.

Force Storm may not have a CD, which some idiot seems to think makes sorcs better at AoE, but I don't know a single sorc who wouldn't trade Force Storm for Orbital Strike in a heartbeat.

Something like 60% of my sorcs damage comes from Force Lighting, which is channeled and every single class has an interupt that stops me from casting it, AND makes me not cast it for 4 seconds. And FL is a big flashing neon sign that points directly to me and says I'm the one hitting you, look I'm right here. Not like Ambush or something that by the time you see it, you're already missing a huge chunk of health. Plus I have to stand still and turret while casting FL, but i don't get anything cool like Cover and entrench. So even though I'm a ranged class, and hitting that mara from my max range, as soon as he sees the lighting point back at me, he jumps me and is now no longer at max range, but at melee range.

Literally the only thing that my sniper is jealous of my sorc is 10 meters on electrocute instead of 4 on debilitate. But since 95% of the time on both classes that I want to use my stun, I am either beyond 10 meters and want to stun him so I can finish him off; or inside melee range and want to stun him to run away. So there really is not much functional difference between debilitate and electrocute.

My Sorc starts with less DPS both sustained and especially burst. And in order to get some of the utility that my sniper gets for free, I have to give up extra DPS and spec into it? Poor poor design.

Flawless post with even better arguments.

The mobility of a sorc is horrid, the damage when stationary isnt much better.

We only have one full tree build thats viable, I pray that I one day may fight competitively with the telekinetics/lightning spec but its so far off right now its not even funny. Its disgusting that a caster class has been so neglected.

I rolled a Sorc just for the purpose of healing WZ's and end game content. Currently a level 31 but I find it rewarding when I see how much heals I can put out. It's a new role for me but I enjoy it. I do hate when I put bubbles up on everyone and someone throws their guard up on a dps. Makes no sense. Well, it makes sense because of medals but it can be discouraging not having the same protection you try to offer people.

All in all, it's a fun class in pvp and I love seeing those times when my dps is equal to my healing.

I rolled a Sorc just for the purpose of healing WZ's and end game content. Currently a level 31 but I find it rewarding when I see how much heals I can put out. It's a new role for me but I enjoy it. I do hate when I put bubbles up on everyone and someone throws their guard up on a dps. Makes no sense. Well, it makes sense because of medals but it can be discouraging not having the same protection you try to offer people.

All in all, it's a fun class in pvp and I love seeing those times when my dps is equal to my healing.

Just wait until 50 pvp.

Great Post.

I was waiting for somebody to point out I wasn't being completely honest. In order to get all of those advantages Snipers have to give stuff up too. I thought somebody would point out that they had to give up wearing med armor and the defensive CD Evasion that Sorcs get, and they have to run around in a skirt.

But then i realized I had that backwards. In order to get those advantages, Snipers can't wear Light armor (well i guess they could but none ever would) and have to have a defensive CD too. While it is sorcs that don't get any defensive CD's and get stuck in light armor.

Boy life is rough.

TLDR version of both posts: Snipers have better sustained dps, better burst dps, better group utility, better CC, better armor, and better survivability. Sorcerers have 6 extra meters on our stun.

QFT. I'll also add that the only justification teams have to bring sorcs now is the broken bubble hybrid.. until it gets nerfed. Then it'll be right back to the red headed step child of DPS in pvp. Lets also face it: PvE damage isn't much better. It's nowhere near that 5% disparity BS line that Bioware likes to harp on.

Last Reply from a pvp dev, regarding any future "nerf" on the bubble was -NO PLANS TO NERF.. The most they were considering doing was possibly making it where not everyone's bubs stun, ie; Just sorc's. I'll try to find the vid I watched last week and link it.

Frankly- it would be nice if procs showed up brightly in the scrolling combat text- something saying 'lightning storm proc' floating up with the damage numbers would be fantastic- as looking at your row of buffs is stupid.

That'd be something that'd benefit everyone.

It would be nice if they gave us a non junk combat tracking log... =/

Sorc dps is a lie, there is only healer.

Through healing, I gain commendations.

Through commendations, I gain gear.

Through gear, I gain nothing.

Cause whole my class is broken.

The Bioware just kidding me.

:rak_03:

Edited by robozvir

Now if BW would only read this..... Great post.

Lvling my lightning sorc is a joke (currently 42) Class quest that I should be able to solo are rough, sometimes taking multiple attempts -.-

Last Reply from a pvp dev, regarding any future "nerf" on the bubble was -NO PLANS TO NERF.. The most they were considering doing was possibly making it where not everyone's bubs stun, ie; Just sorc's. I'll try to find the vid I watched last week and link it.

Placing the bubble blind to be just the casting sorc only is a Huge Nerf and you missed why entirely. Bubble sorcs are brought for RWZ teams because of the amount of set up they can provide offensively (Blinding a group of people to be lolsmashed for example) and the amount of peels you can use the blind for defensively.

Without the blind working on other players, the sorc will not be able to run through their teammates to help peel the melee off of them when they need it. This makes the sorc (once again) a very weak TEAM MEMBER to have in a RWZ.

Lets also not forget how many points are wasted in the lightning tree to get the bubble blind//root knockback either. This is something that completely diminishes the overall use of a Sorc on a Rateds team. What would they bring if they don't have the blind?

It should be mentioned: This discussion about the bubble blind is also within the Sorc Thread area where the Dev's posted about the nerf. (they can continually claim it's not a nerf, but it is.) It was the first yellow dev post in there since the Class Feedback thread was created all those months ago. They simply have no clue how to change sorcs for the better because they go off of metrics and not ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. (Wrath CL spec was a padding machine and nerfed because of it) The main issue that people have with the Bubble Blind is that it barely moves the Resolve Bar which allows for chain blinding.

Ideal changes for sorc survivability:

Make our AggroDrop provide 50% less damage for 10 seconds (roughly 4 gcds) from One Target on a minute CD.

Change Bubble Blind to be when Bubble Breaks to take 30% less damage for 8 seconds and put it 1st tier in the healing tree so ALL specs have the opportunity to get it.

Make bubble blind a passive 2 second stun when it erupts (Self caster only)

Edited by veyl

Its your approach on how you play that class. Back when i had my sorc and just hit 50 going into wz's (before 1.4) i didnt have much problems while being in orange gear still and zero expertise. You need to learn when and how to stun,push and force speed away to avoid getting hit. I knew i was going to get slapped around easy but with my playing skills that didnt realy happend to much and everytime i went into wz's they tend to gang up on me and even when its same factions. Not claiming to be the best sorc but i knew how to use what i got. Btw i was full heal spec too.

If you dont learn you wil never be happy with any class you roll.

Its your approach on how you play that class. Back when i had my sorc and just hit 50 going into wz's (before 1.4) i didnt have much problems while being in orange gear still and zero expertise. You need to learn when and how to stun,push and force speed away to avoid getting hit. I knew i was going to get slapped around easy but with my playing skills that didnt realy happend to much and everytime i went into wz's they tend to gang up on me and even when its same factions. Not claiming to be the best sorc but i knew how to use what i got. Btw i was full heal spec too.

If you dont learn you wil never be happy with any class you roll.

You have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about. The sorc is weak even with min/maxed warhero! Stop spreading lies!

I hate that a DPS can kill me in 3-4 secs and I have 19.5khp and 1294 expertise and cannot even get him down to 2/3 of his health. I know we are healers but the need to defend ourselves in PVP should exist, worst class for Hutt ball too, too slow and very easy to stop and kill. Do other see this too. I going to level one of DPS chars to 50.

You lost me at "worst class for huttball". I'll agree with all the rest of it etc etc, minus the we are healers part unless you're going corruption. If you position yourself well as a sorc for huttball you will be frustrating for the other team.

My brother plays sorcerer and he melts people pretty fast, there are no shiny 6k crits but he consistently does good damage. He can crit heals for 6k tho.

He kills the target often faster then my focus sentinel because he is ranged, and my sent has trouble hitting moving targets. And lastly sorcerers have excellent utility.

Their weakness is that they are squishy and that should not change really. Sorcerers are probably the best balanced class imo.

rofl XDDDDD

ur joke make my day after a hard work.