Best marauder crew skills? Discussion

bleenX

Hello all marauders:)

so first of all i was planing to take artifice with treasure hunting and archeology. as i think it suits marauder the best.

so i want other maras opinions on this. also can i make money from it?

another thing is that i want to be bassed on pvp.

maybe it is better for me to take biochem? to make stims and such?

also i want to know what crew skills other marauders take and whats the logic behind that:)

thx for answers

As i'm playing Marauder, DPS is the most imortant thing for me, that's why I'll take artifice etc. to get te most power out of my lightsabers. Armor shouldn't be such and issue with Vette as a companion (double DPS I think). I think that Juggernauts should take the heavy armor crafting skill, especially if they want to play tank, to make sure that they always have enought armor.

Then again, biochem isn't that bad because it can help question and, as you said, doing some PvP.

In past MMOs I've usually played chosen the alchemist style skills, so am looking forward to Bioanalysis, Biochem and Diplomacy.

Will always be able to keep myself topped up with stims for raids and med packs (probably very useful while soloing as a marauder), and be able to make a considerable amount of credits by selling the excess. Sounds good.

I'm taking Synthweaving, but only because I am playing with a close knit group so a lot of the other crafting skills will be covered for me as well. I am really picking it for the vanity purpose of being able to make the orange sets.

I see Biochem as a really strong second choice because reusable consumables is super convenient.

Thinking Archaeology, Synthweaving, and treasure hunting. Mostly because I want to make the best possible crafted armor for myself. At lvl 50 once I've decked myself out in my personally crafted top tier armor, I 'll switch to Artifice for my lighsaber upgrades.

You should be taking Underworld Trading instead of Treasure Hunting, otherwise you are missing ingredients for Medium Armour.

I myself have gone Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld, I htried Artificer in Beta but felt that the benefits were not worth it and on live Synth brings so much more already than Artificer ever did.

With synth weave you get alot of gear but I feel like that gear will be replaced in operations where as with artifice you can make bop mods as well as some useful relics. It's really a give or take option.

I read that the gear you can craft with synthweave is on par with instanced gear and not too far behind that of op-gear, in eaither case i think ill take it so that i always have a good kit at hand, you can always drop it at end-game i guess.

I read that the gear you can craft with synthweave is on par with instanced gear and not too far behind that of op-gear, in eaither case i think ill take it so that i always have a good kit at hand, you can always drop it at end-game i guess.

Very true, I guess I will start with artifice and If i find it to not be up to my standards I'll take the loss and drop for synth weaving

I'm debating on Artifice Arch THunting: Reason being the obvious lightsaber options :)

or Biochem, Bioanalysis and THunting: I figured this is like herbalism+alchemy from WoW. Save money by not spending money?

I haven't had much research done...which one of the skills looks like it could be a good money maker? THunting or Diplomacy?

I'll be going artifice and arch, but leveling with slicing soooo much money. Level 22 with 85k easy speeder, then build up funds to level my artifice and arch through crew missions. Then spam treasure hunting. If biochem turns out to be really beneficial for pvp I may drop some skills for it later. But since it is a new game I may try some pve as well. But yea slicing is a huge money make for me right now.

I've taken Sythweaving, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting and it's working out just fine. Primarily, the Archaeology pretty much supplies me with all I ever need for crafting, and vendoring the crafted items gives me a decent return. Treasure Hunting can go either/or. I've been splitting it between Companion Gifts ( I'm impatient to sex up Vette ) and lock boxes. With the lock boxes, I mostly make back most of the credits spent sending my companions on their missions so my combination seems to be pretty self-sufficient for now.

Taking Synthweaving means better DPS and overall better gear while levelling.

You might ask why, it's simple: while levelling, I make my own armour, take the commendation options from missions and buy better weapons with them. Leaving DK at level 17, I had two 44 lightsabers and Vette had 2 44 blasters.