You'll still get Early Game Access; at least a day.

Zones

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are trying to not get hopes up because people will whine. Then again they will do it anyways. Same reason they won't tell you when you get your invite til you get it. If something goes wrong and you were to get pushed back a day you'd be screaming and raising all hell. Look at people whining about not getting in today even tho today wasn't even in the original plan. They gave us 2 extra days to have a chance to get in and people just cry.

I'm going to laugh when the servers are down most of the 19th to prepare for release, and they actually stagger Early Release to allow the last batch in on that day.

:p

I know, it won't be nice, but damn. That's going to be some comic relief.

If I don't get early access by the end of the day on the 18th I'm gonna be cancelling my pre-order. The fact that they are unsure if their servers will hold up with the intial pre-orders is worrying. I honestly don't think they are prepared to manage a game of this size and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down soon enough.

they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.

Or better yet, cancel your preorder. We don't need entitlement immature folks like yourself in our community. They're hard at work as it is to ensure a stable and smooth release. They made no promise that everyone will have 5 days EGA and in fact, they increased it to 7 days. They owe you nothing. Good luck trying to bring this up as a suit.

If I don't get early access by the end of the day on the 18th I'm gonna be cancelling my pre-order. The fact that they are unsure if their servers will hold up with the intial pre-orders is worrying. I honestly don't think they are prepared to manage a game of this size and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down soon enough.

If I don't feel they are making reasonable progress I'll cancel before the 16th when Origin will do it's billing.

There is no excuse for them to be letting such a small amount of people in when they have the hardware to handle more than two million players currently running.

If they continue at this rate there is clearly something else going on, and I'm going to be wary after blowing money on previous mmo disasters.

they had better, they advertised "pre order and get early access", if i don't get it i will be reporting them to the bbb for misleading advertising.

How is this misleading? You will get early access, earlier than the bozos who decided to wait until launch date so they can stand in line to buy the game, assuming there are copies left!

I pre-ordered mine because I knew I wanted a copy on launch day and frankly, I have a life that requires me to be up and working by 8 am. Now, if I get to play on the 19th, that's great. If it's earlier (say the 16th- 18th), that's better.

Just quit your ************ and remember, those that are playing now may be further along when we start, but we're still further along than those that don't get to play until the 20th (even if we start a day early).

Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?

SR has said that there will still be people unable to play by the 19th.

So yes, they are staggering until the day before launch.

Edited by AkilZodiac

SR has said that there will still be people unable to play by the 19th.

So yes, they are staggering until the day before launch.

I imagine there will be no small number of people choosing to show their displeasure with their wallets if this is the case. I for one am not even remotely amused with how this "staggering" is playing out.

I find it a little irking that after a day of invites they didn't even cover the first 2 days of preorders, after their stress test I feel they should have been a bit more ambitious. Regardless I am guessing I should get in tomorrow sometime, since somehow I didn't get today. Still if its this slow going its quite possible if you didn't put a code in by october 20th you won't even get in. Poor choices on biowares part, and I am being as objective as possible with this.

Anyone so upset by all that that they would cancel their order is already so emotionally invested in the game that even if they really do cancel they will be back within 3 days anyway.

Empty threats are sad...really sad.

I'm chomping at the bit to get into the game as well but I won't be so absurd and immature as to cancel my order. That's like telling the pizza guy you don't want the pizza as he's pulling up in front of your house.

I find it a little irking that after a day of invites they didn't even cover the first 2 days of preorders, after their stress test I feel they should have been a bit more ambitious. Regardless I am guessing I should get in tomorrow sometime, since somehow I didn't get today. Still if its this slow going its quite possible if you didn't put a code in by october 20th you won't even get in. Poor choices on biowares part, and I am being as objective as possible with this.

The first week of preorders probably eclipses the following five months worth, with a spike near the end as the game comes back into relevance. We'll see them speed up substantially as soon as they climb of the wall of first-responders.

Anyone so upset by all that that they would cancel their order is already so emotionally invested in the game that even if they really do cancel they will be back within 3 days anyway.

Empty threats are sad...really sad.

I'm chomping at the bit to get into the game as well but I won't be so absurd and immature as to cancel my order. That's like telling the pizza guy you don't want the pizza as he's pulling up in front of your house.

I like how it's automatically immaturity to be cautious over confusing buisness practices.

I preordered on the 24th so thats past the first 2 days of preorders and I am happily playing my SI right now. Everyone needs to stop crying and just wait your damn turn.

The first week of preorders probably eclipses the following five months worth, with a spike near the end as the game comes back into relevance. We'll see them speed up substantially as soon as they climb of the wall of first-responders.

Eh I'd give you the first 2 days, the first week meh, its probably coming off the curve nicely at that point. However if the curve is so darn large that they can't even do 2 days with the first day of invites? That seems very problematic and poorly planned. While it will taper off its not going to taper off that quick. At the rate they are going I could see Tomorrows invites MAYBE getting to the 5 day after preorders were available, then thur hitting the 14th day and maybe 2 weeks at a time after that till october. As I said with their successful stress test, and them knowing their own pre order numbers, I would have expected a bit more ambitious a plan.

Bye?....:rolleyes:

I preordered on the 24th so thats past the first 2 days of preorders and I am happily playing my SI right now. Everyone needs to stop crying and just wait your damn turn.

Yes, thats what one purchases an MMO to do. Wait in line for a turn to play...

They got through the first 7 days of preorders today, not just 2. ;)

Thats a quote from twitter. I hope you really don't think you can stagger all the way until the 19 do you?

Enough with the Flubbin Twitter. Maybe I'm too old or not a 15 y/o girl but enough with twitter. Not everyone subscribes to it and you have a perfectly good medium to communicate with your userbase here. Oh wait.....you don't communicate effectively. Nm, stick to your twitter.