Gav Daragon is a ROLE PLAYING server Mkay?

Ailie

I've seen this mentioned a lot and we're starting to encourage people to RP more openly but again, it comes back to my original post. People aren't likely to RP if people are going to follow them around and keep dropping party bombs on them. The event we were running for example was taking place on the Temple forecourt on Tython, but we had to move it to inside in a tucked away location to avoid these people.

Ok maybe there is an obvious negative to this answer, and it may not be ideal even if not, but what about the possibility of an RP guild on Gav Daragon? You are immune from people trolling you, you can RP full time on the server if you want, and other 'shy' RP types might be more comfortable joining, knowing that they won't be trolled by non-RP'ers?

Group size would not be limited, and people could come and go from your guild depending on situation or desire.

Have you considered that as one alternative to the issue?

Edited by Kirjalax

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that not rolepaly? Does it say that roleplaying cannot be about sex addiction? Who makes the rules? You?Allie? the person who wants to Roleplay Sir Humpsalot?

As for RPers harassing PvPers, that is something I would like to see :)

While you can roleplay however you want, if you were really serious about the issue of sex addiction, your character would not be named Sir Humpsalot(seeing as how people with this issue don't have hump based names). I honestly don't care if your player name is really Sir Humpsalot, but don't try and hide a juvenile name behind rp, because that is just a bad example.

But I will restate, if you roll a character with a juvenile name on an RP server, it won't really bother me, but the name would still be juvenile ;)

Ok maybe there is an obvious negative to this answer, and it may not be idea even if not, but what about the possibility of an RP guild on Gav Daragon? You are immune from people trolling you, you can RP full time on the server if you want, and other 'shy' RP types might be more comfortable joining, knowing that they won't be trolled by non-RP'ers?

Group size would not be limited, and people could come and go from your guild depending on situation or desire.

Have you considered that as one alternative to the issue?

I'm... not quite sure I'm understanding your suggestion. I am in an RP guild, it does nothing to stop trolling at all. Yes you can chat in guild chat but this would then limit yourself to only your guild members and only that faction. It wouldn't stop people continually parking a Tirsa Elite on your head whilst trying to enact an information exchange...

Or are you suggesting something else?

I'm... not quite sure I'm understanding your suggestion. I am in an RP guild, it does nothing to stop trolling at all. Yes you can chat in guild chat but this would then limit yourself to only your guild members and only that faction. It wouldn't stop people continually parking a Tirsa Elite on your head whilst trying to enact an information exchange...

Or are you suggesting something else?

Ok fair enough. I was thinking purely about chat related trolling. I didn't consider people randomly interjecting themselves visually in your RP.

I assume this is not a solution which is valid here, but one way ironically might be if you were in an open world PvP situation, your entire RP group could attack any interlopers. If you had 20-30+ people all attacking at once, i'd think you would be able to protect yourself from that sort of behavior and continue in peace. Could add some realism to the RP? :)

You know funnily enough, we have toyed with the idea of having a bounty board, but ultimately it doesn't do much but inflame the situation. It would honestly just be a whole lot nicer if we could report these people and they actually get kicked off the server. There are a couple of trolls that I know have been reported dozens of times by dozens of people and they're still there, running around abusing people. Some seem to have made it their goal in the game to harrass others, for whatever reason, but the only way to stop it is to turf them off the server.

Where are the good people of MDN supposed to go if the servers are not merged. I will propose all of them to move to a well supported APAC server so that they can have a bit of fun too rather than remain on an empty server. Now which APAC server has the best community?

Where are the good people of MDN supposed to go if the servers are not merged. I will propose all of them to move to a well supported APAC server so that they can have a bit of fun too rather than remain on an empty server. Now which APAC server has the best community?

Well, of course I'm biased but our guild does actually have a handful of players who re-rolled on Gav and love it.

Ultimately it'll depend on what you're looking for

I really do hope they do something for Master D because from what I've heard it's dire over there, I'm just comfy in my little nest that I've fluffed out and want to stay put :D

Why was the post unnecessary? because I don't conform to your rules?

Also, you cannot get anyone out of any server. The server is not your personal domain. Please respect others opinions if you want others to respect yours.

I wish I could find amusement in the experience that people who throw around the word "respect" the most, are often the least likely to use it themselves.

Gav seems to have got some re-rolls from Dalborra too because you guys have a better population than us now :o Dalborra is full of trolls now aswell.

Did a little bit of PvP on Gav last night and I was literally entering as soon as I hit the 'join queue' button. Recently - to me - the population there does seem to have picked up noticeably.

Did a little bit of PvP on Gav last night and I was literally entering as soon as I hit the 'join queue' button. Recently - to me - the population there does seem to have picked up noticeably.

It still has it's moments, like last night there was little happening because two of the main Rep guilds were running Ops which took most of the 50 pop out of the equation (Dawn had two groups up, not sure how many the others had)

This assumes, of course, that they open up paid transfers.

If they do, you have to decide what sort of 'community' you're looking for. If the goal is to PvP, you'd be best served going to another PvP server, naturally. Granted, it means a US or EU server, but the option is there.

If you intend to stay in the APAC region, you'll still have the same rough numbers regardless of which of the other two servers you pick...though Dalborra does have more people. The communities on both Dalborra and Gav Daragon selected their server types for many reasons, and one of these reasons (for people like me, for example) was that it most definitely wasn't a PvP server. And like it or not, those people won't be there to PvP outside of warzones. So if open-world PvP is your goal, you'll be disappointed regardless which one you migrate to.

And while I have seen few of the bad examples the OP cites (I do have toons on Gav Daragon), I don't doubt they exist. And I do not think the 'name complaint' is over eye-rollers like 'Strawberry Daiquiri' or 'Springboard Bunnyhop' (just random names I pulled out of...thin air), but over truly offensive names that make 'Sir Humpsalot' look tame by comparison, whether it has to do with the equipment of one's nether portions, or something to do with the practices of a certain Austrian corporal.

never really understood what are the advantages of a role playing server. So everybody is supposed to be more mature, have some better names and impose themselves a set of personal roleplaying rules?

I rolled rp server since they are usually more friendly/helpful and willing to take noobs like myself through flashpoints/deal with us in pvp as we learn the warzone and i've gotten at least 7 trades of good items from random people just from asking a nooby question on fleet.

I don't rp myself so i just ignore it and certainly dont try to ruin it for them.

I feel for the OP if you are playing your game and having fun no one should be able to come over and mess it up for you. It is the same for PvE people not wanting to be ganked all the time you should not have to deal with others messing up your game. I like PvP and enjoy both open world and war zones but I do not feel that any player should be able to ruin the game for others pretty simple really. I have a hard time understanding those that have disagreed with the basic premise. You have a group of people playing the game the way they want to play it even selecting the server that best fits there needs and then you get a person who comes over just to cause people grief and ruing the game for others. How can you really defend the griefer in this situation? As for any possible post by the OP, how does this at all affect the premise that was raised?

Good luck OP hope something gets worked out for you. I did read they are working on chat bubbles again so at least you have something to look forward to.

I RP on a server not designated for RP

Though it's not common that I engage in such shenanigans.

There is not much response to my RP on a non RP server.

Outside of emotes or fake emotes there is not much hardcore RP on the non-RP server I'm at.

What is serious on our server is serious pVp on a pVe server heheheh. and serious pVe.

Sometimes if I RP.... crickets but when I do see a lil casual RP I do join in.

I hope I will never be forcefully moved to a RP server for my casual RP on a pVe server nor for mostly pVp'ing there, but I do think the spoil sports on RP servers should be forcefully removed from said server and told that is "one strike" and 3 is time out.

Edited by mtsr

It still has it's moments, like last night there was little happening because two of the main Rep guilds were running Ops which took most of the 50 pop out of the equation (Dawn had two groups up, not sure how many the others had)

PvP is 24/7 on The Jedi Covenant this is a PvE server :p

No, you don't have any prior experience with me. Although I do find it amusing that you'd choose to trust the word of a random forum poster than the person themselves when making judgements on character.

Where did I say that I trusted the other person? I simply said, "Ahh, fair enough" and then went on to state the assumption I made, which was the assumption that what you are stating is actually happening on your server as a common occurrence. When it comes down to it, I only have your word and the other persons word, neither whom I have experience with. One retaliates against me when I concede that I do not have fair experience with the other, so with little to no experience with either person, only having the above to rely on, tell me after your retort... why should I believe you?

You can always state that you don't need me to believe you, which is fine, but you posted on the forums, so I assume you are trying to convince someone. You can state my opinion doesn't matter, which is largely true as very often none of our opinions matter, instead the truth matters. Which is where I now argue: Where is your proof? Where are your screenshots? Where are the facts? Now consider how difficult it may be to compare even that evidence against the norm on your server... what you effectively have is a point that you are arguing on the forums with little to no substantial evidence and when someone who you don't know, nor do they know you clearly states that it is a fair point that they do not know you nor should they judge you, you STILL think you need to come back with some sort of half thought out retort? Really?!! Tell me, what facts do you have? What real defense do you have other than the now useless "Don't judge me if you don't know me" excuse?

I wish you to understand that I agree with many of your points in your original post. I do feel there needs to be an enforceable RP ruleset, and I even stated so in my previous posts. So when you come back and retort at a person who has supported your original post, but then conceded when asked if that person knew anything about you, maybe think about what you are doing first.

Edited by Dwyer

I am not sure if the anti-RPers on a RP server are worse than the RPers with EXTRAORDINARY stories. Like the player on my server who is a Duke and is 5th or 6th in line to the throne of his character's home planet.

:rolleyes:

Edited by TheBBP

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and focus on the game.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!