$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

PoliteAssasin

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sets in the CC are modable. So if you use it only for 10 levels, that's on you. You can continue to use the set, and replace the mods.

I know but when leveling I like to get a sense of advancement and using a set for 30 levels doesn't give the same feeling as using different sets as you level. Just trying to give my perspective here since everyone in this discussion seems to be a veteran. What I think is if they wanted new people to spend and stick around they shouldn't price things so only a tiny minority are willing to buy it. Btw I've yet to see a player who was my around my level wearing the cartel modded sets and who didn't look like they had a level 50.

These are optional and yeah you can get them from the GTN ..IF they are listed complete, or listed at all. But there are going to be new players who may want them but don't have the million+ credits needed to get them in the GTN. But even at less than a million you can find gear that is almost as good or just as good as the set so why bother then? It makes no sense and it shouldn't be the counter-argument to wanting lower prices.

Bioware already gets bad reviews for their current prices and few people are even buying this stuff anyway, so why not make the prices a bit more reasonable? I think it would get more people to spend. It would probably get ME to buy more coins. Right now I'm sitting on 2040 coins that will not touch current set prices. Personally, I could do a max of 750 CC for Investigator set and in the future do another 750 CC for a newer set. If the price was lower than that it would be even better. At 1200 CC i won't do it even once. No way.

Wasn't the point of going F2P to get more profit and get more people interested in the game? So why not give people more incentive to buy?

Edited by Atrimentus

Yeah the store opens up the question of housing potential. I dont think they have the ability to do open world housing like SWG did but i think customizing your own ship at lvl 50 rather then using the LOANER ship you get at 15 would be quite an interesting thing. Collect parts in a large quest line (like HK quest) to get your base ship ... then they could sell cosmetic features for your ship, allow people to customize the exterior and interior of there ship and still have all the required features like holoterminal and what not needed for quests.

Could make some of it legacy bound or legacy required to appease people who have been looking for the answer to the most important question "Why the hell did i grind to legacy 50 since there are no real benifits after 20?"

Yah know ive often thought about housing,and Nar Shadda screams apartment housing if i ever seen one imo.

I know MMOs have different set ups. But way I look at it is would I pay 10$ or more In a single player game for one suit of armor or weapon. No way. People rage about dlc Prices on most games, being too much for too little. And yet have NP dropping 10$ on 1 armor set here...

I know MMOs have different set ups. But way I look at it is would I pay 10$ or more In a single player game for one suit of armor or weapon. No way. People rage about dlc Prices on most games, being too much for too little. And yet have NP dropping 10$ on 1 armor set here...

That's a good point. It seems like the only people who are okay with the prices are those with the deepest pockets (or have little care about spending - ie. lack of self control) and people who argue against price lowering just for the sake of doing it but they don't actually buy anything anyway. The latter just derails conversation and it serves no purpose to point out things like "no one is forcing you to buy" "these are optional" "so don't buy them," we've heard that old rehashed stuff so quit parroting it, people.

If a 1200 CC set was to be reduced to 900, 800, 750, even 700 CC, I guarantee you that more people would buy coins. It's much easier to swallow that cost when you can buy it with a $10 coin package. You can't even get a set if you don't put $19.99 on the table first. THAT is what puts off a lot of people.

Edited by Atrimentus

I know but when leveling I like to get a sense of advancement and using a set for 30 levels doesn't give the same feeling as using different sets as you level. Just trying to give my perspective here since everyone in this discussion seems to be a veteran. What I think is if they wanted new people to spend and stick around they shouldn't price things so only a tiny minority are willing to buy it. Btw I've yet to see a player who was my around my level wearing the cartel modded sets and who didn't look like they had a level 50.

These are optional and yeah you can get them from the GTN ..IF they are listed complete, or listed at all. But there are going to be new players who may want them but don't have the million+ credits needed to get them in the GTN. But even at less than a million you can find gear that is almost as good or just as good as the set so why bother then? It makes no sense and it shouldn't be the counter-argument to wanting lower prices.

Bioware already gets bad reviews for their current prices and few people are even buying this stuff anyway, so why not make the prices a bit more reasonable? I think it would get more people to spend. It would probably get ME to buy more coins. Right now I'm sitting on 2040 coins that will not touch current set prices. Personally, I could do a max of 750 CC for Investigator set and in the future do another 750 CC for a newer set. If the price was lower than that it would be even better. At 1200 CC i won't do it even once. No way.

Wasn't the point of going F2P to get more profit and get more people interested in the game? So why not give people more incentive to buy?

Guess it's a persepctive thing. I don't mind having the same outfit for 50 levels, you know, as long as I think my character looks good :)

As for the prices, I figure they're more, go high, see who they can get to buy them, then put them on sale.

$10-$15 for armor sets/crystals? Really?

Let's see:

There are tons of benefits, especially now that you can unlock items with cartel cons--basically for free, with a little patience, if you're a subscriber.

The 500 (or more) monthly CC aren't that free. If you don't pay up front your $15 you get none.

It would be more accurate to say the subscribers monthly fees, all things taken into account, are roundly $10.

No one is forcing you to buy them ya know.

That's the point, isn't it?

However:

You can't even get a set if you don't put $19.99 on the table first. THAT is what puts off a lot of people.

Still even if say the gear was $1000 each

Someone will pay for this

Now consider the following:

.......As a business there's a limit to how much $$$ you can get from your customer base.

In this case let's take 2 scenarios:

1. Sell 10.000 gear sets at $10 each
  2. Sell 100.000 gear sets at $1 each

Case one you appeal to a smaller player base that can, or want, to afford such gear.

It makes owning these gear more unique.

Case two you appeal to a much bigger player base but make owning the gear not so much special anymore.

In both cases you are getting the same amount, but pleasing more or less customers.

In which scenario do you think you'll have more customers in the long term? **Hint below ;)

I predict that with the second model you're going to get a much better ROI.

People will be more willing to open their wallet regularly for purchases. Also with the more purchase, as a producer, you're going to assess more precisely the type of gear people like and as such would be able to focus your team on winner items.

Finally the more people you make happy, the least elitist you are (as we're not speaking of a luxury economy here), the more good word of mouth you'll get Ie: free marketing / ads.

Let's see:

Now consider the following:

.......As a business there's a limit to how much $$$ you can get from your customer base.

In this case let's take 2 scenarios:

1. Sell 10.000 gear sets at $10 each
  2. Sell 100.000 gear sets at $1 each

Case one you appeal to a smaller player base that can, or want, to afford such gear.

It makes owning these gear more unique.

Case two you appeal to a much bigger player base but make owning the gear not so much special anymore.

In both cases you are getting the same amount, but pleasing more or less customers.

In which scenario do you think you'll have more customers in the long term? **Hint below ;)

I predict that with the second model you're going to get a much better ROI.

People will be more willing to open their wallet regularly for purchases. Also with the more purchase, as a producer, you're going to assess more precisely the type of gear people like and as such would be able to focus your team on winner items.

Finally the more people you make happy, the least elitist you are (as we're not speaking of a luxury economy here), the more good word of mouth you'll get Ie: free marketing / ads.

You forgot the more profitable scenario..

1.Sell 10.000 gear sets at $10 each

2. Sell 20.000 gear sets 2 months later at a "special" lower price at $5 each

3. Sell 70.000 gear sets 6 months later at $1 each at a "clearnace" rate

More profit for EA and eventually everone gets the gear just not at the same time unless you want to pay a higher rate.

Like buying an iphone... you can buy an iphone 5 full rate... or wait till its discounted when the next version comes out.

The prices for items on the cartel market is just way too high. Do you really expect people to pay ten to fifteen dollars for an armor set or color crystals? These prices need to be somewhat reduced. The cartel conversion from cash to cc is fine, but lower the price of actual armor sets and crystals a bit.

Afraid that is what you have to expect when catering for the f2p crowd, as they have to make money somewhere

Afraid that is what you have to expect when catering for the f2p crowd, as they have to make money somewhere

Lower prices for subscribers, then? Perhaps for the people were actually subscribed for the entire year and they still didn't get what they paid for? All those promises made about so much exciting stuff happening in 2012!

That's a good point. It seems like the only people who are okay with the prices are those with the deepest pockets (or have little care about spending - ie. lack of self control) and people who argue against price lowering just for the sake of doing it but they don't actually buy anything anyway. The latter just derails conversation and it serves no purpose to point out things like "no one is forcing you to buy" "these are optional" "so don't buy them," we've heard that old rehashed stuff so quit parroting it, people.

If a 1200 CC set was to be reduced to 900, 800, 750, even 700 CC, I guarantee you that more people would buy coins. It's much easier to swallow that cost when you can buy it with a $10 coin package. You can't even get a set if you don't put $19.99 on the table first. THAT is what puts off a lot of people.

So because people have more money than others and want to spend it on what they want it's a lack of self-control?

LMFAO