What happened to the timeline videos by Master Gnost Dural?

yngtommy

There are currently 12 videos in the timeline, but there are 7 more available slots that show. I've been waiting a very long time to watch these, but it seems that BioWare seem to have tossed it in the can and forgotten about it.

I was in love with these videos but cannot for the life of me figure out why they are not continuing them. Does anyone have any answers?

Thanks.

In a recent Q&A they announced they would no longer be doing the timelines. They added all the places as a "rough guess" of what they would need for filling in the backstory but felt that the current set fully fill in that backstory. They did say they would do more background type stuff along the same lines but not filling in those missing dates.

Its a shame, I know, I was enjoying them too.

In a recent Q&A they announced they would no longer be doing the timelines. They added all the places as a "rough guess" of what they would need for filling in the backstory but felt that the current set fully fill in that backstory. They did say they would do more background type stuff along the same lines but not filling in those missing dates.

link?

Yes, please link it. I just heard the exact opposite the other day.

Hello everyone,

The information you are referring to was posted in our March 23rd Community Q&A Blog:

Pzljug: When are you guys going to finish the Timeline on the Holonet?

Stephen Reid (Senior Community Manager): When the Timeline series was begun we weren’t entirely sure how many timelines would be needed to detail relevant backstory for The Old Republic and left ‘blank spaces’ on the Timeline that, we thought, would all be filled in with Timeline entries. Ultimately, we feel we’ve detailed all the relevant backstory required, so no more Timeline entries going back into earlier history are planned. However, we know how much players enjoyed the lore details, style and presentation of Timelines, so we’re planning to continue that with a different series (currently unscheduled!) which will detail other aspects of the lore of The Old Republic.

We hope this helps!

I think it was amusing how Dural implied he would talk about the Hundred Year Darkness in his last report and then changed his mind.

He musta got busy killin' sith. ;) I watched the timeline like 88 times before this game came out, and I was really hoping they would finish them. Durals got a sick *** voice, too.

O I did say Two years ago about having a Sith time line and have the two constrasting view would Intersting to say the lest! not many give a coment on it may be now would be a good time to restate as we can play both sides I think more about sith story etc.............

It seems like BioWare's explanation is post-hoc at best, the explanation I heard and makes most sense at this point, because I don't think what was just given is reasoning any employee would accept if they had a vote, was that there was the conflict between what was being written by BioWare and what has/will be said from other sources covering those eras

Really helpful guys :D Thanks. And yeah I wish they continued the timeline. I really enjoyed it. I don't know how many hours I have spent watching it and trying to get every detail. I've watched each one in the mind set I would think each class would have just to see their point of view on it and how I should play the game as them :D Any way thanks :D