Question to those who played all storylines

Kendaric

Which faction controls which storyline planets after the end of "The False Emperor"?

The capital worlds and starter worlds are obvious as is Nar Shaddaa, but what about Taris, Balmorra, Corellia, Alderaan, Hoth and Tatooine?

From what I can gather, it's something like this:

Taris -- destroyed once again by the Empire

Balmorra -- Republic controlled

Corellia -- Republic controlled

Alderaan -- neutral, engaged in civil war

Hoth -- neutral

Tatooine -- neutral

I would love to know this. I will give my opinion and a small reason for it.

Balmora - Republic

In short because it happens after the Imperial story. But the end you retake the arms factory which the Sith take first time round.

Nar Shadaar - Neutal/Imperial

From the Bonus series it seems the Empire has the upper hand both in the drugs trade and propogander of the planet as well as possiblity to have a spy in the information networks. As well as Republic leaders fleeing the planet.

Tatooine - Neutral

The two sides appear to be fighting over the Imprisoned one more than anything else.

Alderaan - Republic.

With the peace talks on and the death of Ugo I would think the Republic would win this one. Someone with a good knowlegde of the JC story may know more.

Taris - Impeiral

Not much of a victory it was mostly destroyed and the Empire just finished the job.

Quesh - Republic

The Moff incharge of the planet is killed as part of the republic world arc. At least as far as that is concerned it must have happened second.

Hoth - Imperial

With the Doom Brigade story arc its clear that its not about owning the planet and in that sence the imperials drain the republic dry chasing and fighting ghosts.

Belsavis - The Dread Masters

The new content in 1.5 would suggest neither side owns this planet.

Voss - The Empire

The Sith Ambasador appears with a Voss Mystic (in the battle of Ilum) who can be taken back to the Empire. It suggest that he has won them over.

Corellia - The Republic

Made clear in the Black Hole Quests.

Ilum - Malgus

The Imperial quests here are far bigger and tougher but both sides come the end get to see Malgus has made off with the stealth fleet.

Overal I am looking forward to the Empire striking back as they seem to have faired less well in the big important planets of Corellia and Belmora while the Empire seems to win on the pointless planets like Taris and Voss. So the net gains have to be for the republic from what I have seen so far.

Here's what I gathered from playing all the stories.

Taris

The efforts made by Govenor Saresh and other members of the Republic were not only undone, but Taris is pretty much reduced to a toxic, rakghoul-ridden wasteland. Taris is lost, the Empire wins.

Balmorra

Pretty much a mirror from Taris, the Empire's grip/control of this planet that was established in Chapter 1 was shattered by the Republic in Chapter 2. Balmorra has been freed and is now back with the Republic. The Republic wins.

Alderaan

Although this planet will probably not contribute a lot to the overall conflict because they are in a state of civil war, it seems to me that the Republic is the one who eventually removes the Usurper King Bouris Ulgo. The idea of a War Hero gone rogue seems to be more "interesting" than the Empire just swooping in and killing Ulgo. I would say the Republic "wins" here.

Hoth.

Both the Republic and the Empire are both fighting the pirates etc in search of stuff in the wreckages, every class pretty much finds what they are looking for. Dispite that, I would say the Empire wins here. Their goal is not to defeat the Republic but to maintain a skeleton crew in order to waste as much of the Republic's resources as possible. The Empire wins because they succeed in doing this.

Tatooine

The Republic's fight with Czerka and the Empire's struggle against the turning of their men to cyber-slaves culimating with the confrontation with the Rakata guy both seemed to be a viable way of advancing the story. This one is really hard to tell, I don't know which one is the "canon" one.

Corellia

This one is pretty clear. The Empire attacks Corellia, they invade, kill most of the Green Jedi and establish control of the planet. The Republic then responds by sending their fleet, soldiers and Jedi. The Empire slowly gets pushed back, three members of the Dark Council get killed and with the death of Darth Decimus, Corellia is liberated. The Republic wins.

False Emperor

The plottwist of Malgus betraying the Empire has more of an impact if you play an Imperial character than it does on a Republic character. For this reason alone, I would say that it is the Empire that assaults Malgus's forces and defeats the False Emperor. This whole story arc just means more for the Empire than it does for the Republic.