EC Nightmare Kill Videos - Firebrand & Stormcaller

Hey gang!

Reniu here from <Severity Gaming> posting a couple of new threads for the forums which involve just a place to post kill videos from all spectrums of Nightmare EC! These videos can include 8-man and 16-man kills, it doesn't matter, but each post should tell us what challenge mode it is on and what perspective the kill is from (what class). I look forward to seeing all the different strategies players use and some awesome kill videos! Have fun! :)

There's this massive flaw here where you make these sweeping judgements and that's that the raid is in its second week... and we cleared this fight both times...

I'm not saying you're wrong, I've been discussing putting at least one of our healers on the ground for a while now because I want more reliability, you're making assumptions of raiding competence.

Anyway.

I'm still feeling pissed off at being disrespected by a raider from another guild on my server who we have quite decent relationships with.

Ofc he has has no idea of my raiding experience, just sees one superficial aspect as an overriding reason to insult.

Lets compare parses!

He does exactly the same job as I do.

We sit on the ground as one of two on the ground, dispel missile targets and we DPS while moving. He's one of five DPS per tank I'm one of two DPS per tank.

Like a good raider he uploads to Torparse to examine how it goes. So do I.

Here's Elidu the Hybrid Sage: http://www.torparse.com/a/55274/14

Here's Hotwired the Assault Commando: http://www.torparse.com/a/54177/13

Why abuse out of ignorance? I'm a solid raider.

Edited by Gyronamics

There's this massive flaw here where you make these sweeping judgements and that's that the raid is in its second week... and we cleared this fight both times...

With all due respect, I don't see how that's a flaw at all. I'm not saying you can't clear it with different setups, I'm just saying that on 8-man having Firebrand's healer as the only person on the ground is superior. The healing requirements on that side are very, very low, meaning the healer has ample breathing room to kite while DPS are free to maximise their output, which results in a quicker kill.

Also, if you want to get technical, quoting logs. I would have beaten you by even more if i had inspiration and didn't have the job of killing off both explosive adds after the phase ends.

Sure lets start on what-ifs, I would have gained more if I'd got inspiration at the start and not had to swap tanks or be the guy killing the bomber.

You need to pull the plank out of your eye.

1660dps vs 1630dps (sure we can argue like fools on how that's not really the best result)

220,000 damage taken vs 77,000 damage taken

You're standing in the fire to gain 30dps.

You talk as if you have a right to be a jerk to anyone who's comfortable without everything bound but results are what they are and you're not showing me up as a worse player.

In fact if we scroll up back to the start, all you needed to say was:

No Gyronamics, Hybrid Sages and Hybrid Gunslingers are also good at dps with movement.

But you saw that my style wasn't your style and you had to go off on one.

Edited by Gyronamics

I don't want to be rude or offensive with this post. Gym I think you need to just let it go. Everyone has their own style so to each their own. However, if you want to have maximum playing efficiency in an mmo envrionment clicking is a bad idea. Sure you can get the job done etc but movement fights can hurt you and there is going to be delays and you have to up your level of situational awareness. Clicking is something I stopped for the most part back in 2005 and I have noticed a huge gain in my fight performances and awareness ever since. I however hate to use the keyboard and prefer to use a g600 logitech mmo mouse. think of it as a razer naga only bigger with bigger buttons on the side and a shift button that allows you to use control and alt commands all on your mouse. It is really great since I can put pretty much every single action I use to a hotkey and not have to worry about even looking at my bars during fights...just takes a short time to train your hand.

You don't look at your bars?

You have cooldowns without visual indicators on your character, I plan everything knowing exactly when and how I can use my next attack.

Overall yes, I believe there are movement advantages with binds.

Still, I'm extremely experienced in swtor raiding and no one seems to realise how much I neutralise movement deficiencies with keybinds.

Yes I said keybinds.

Sure you see a little cursor floating about in the 1.5s before or after an attack or flicking between icons to combo something. For some people that's all they can see.

Let me put it this way, you wouldn't know how I interface with the game if I raid with you. I'm not a clumsy shmuck and I get results. No one knows unless I tell them.

But of course you've never raided with me.

Whatever, this is far too much hassle to defend myself, all I wanted to do was post our guild kills of the tanks. Instead I get grief not for the kill, not for the video, not the actual results I get but how I control my character.

FFS.

Edited by Gyronamics

You don't look at your bars?

You have cooldowns without visual indicators on your character, I plan everything knowing exactly when and how I can use my next attack.

Overall yes, I believe there are movement advantages with binds.

Still, I'm extremely experienced in swtor raiding and no one seems to realise how much I neutralise movement deficiencies with keybinds.

Yes I said keybinds.

Sure you see a little cursor floating about in the 1.5s before or after an attack or flicking between icons to combo something. For some people that's all they can see.

Let me put it this way, you wouldn't know how I interface with the game if I raid with you. I'm not a clumsy shmuck and I get results. No one knows unless I tell them.

But of course you've never raided with me.

Whatever, this is far too much hassle to defend myself, all I wanted to do was post our guild kills of the tanks. Instead I get grief not for the kill, not for the video, not the actual results I get but how I control my character.

FFS.

from what I saw you were spamming clicks over skills looked like you were clicking at least 3 times for each skill activation. If you are doing that and you have to move quickly that could be problematic especially if you are a keyboard turner. Don't take my suggestions personally I am not attacking you I am simply offering some constructive criticism and advice. Grats on your kill.

It's nice of you to think of me but no, I'm not keyboard turning.

I'm sure there are differences in how you activate abilities but I don't believe multiple ability activation attempts are one of them. Besides I'd rather be judged on results

Yes we were happy with our kill.

Edited by Gyronamics

Hi there, i put my video of that in gunslinger pov =)

I put the TORParse of my fight in the description under my video if you want :) about 1k8 dps in the Sharpshooting spec (i take that spec for this boss to have my little bump on just the good trando) :)

http://www.torparse.com/a/57817

Akopra Nekrat :)

PS : and don't laugh on us because we play in pick up (not in the same guild ^^) and without audio :p

Edited by Fedenip