Should we all late preorders cancel?

Ariadna

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

Please tell me this is a troll.. someone reassure me.

So let me get this straight why is it advertised like that and also why would I pay extra for +1 day and a color crystal ?

Holy crap, you're not paying extra for a day. If you payed $5 down, that comes out of the cost of the end price of the game (i.e. $60, $80, or $150, meaning you'll pay, after that $5 down, $55, $75, or $145).

Unless you meant why is it advertised that you'll get in 5/7 days early? It's not. You'll get in UP TO 5/7 days early.

Read mongrels! READ!!

Would not one day of advanced access be a kick in a teeth for players especially if they take the servers down early for launch giving players less that 24hrs advanced access?

If you'd care to lie down on the ground in front of me, I can give you a real live kick in the teeth so you have a point of reference. Here's a hint: it will feel completely unlike getting to play a game one day early, for free...

don't you have to set up some kind of sub to play after the 20th? I thought the free month was added as soon as you did so

Yes, yes you do.

Thats why i'm thinking about putting it on "hold".

I'll play however long I get in EGA then wait for a few weeks until setting my sub up and carrying on.

That's one of my plans anyway. Depends how this "wave" thing goes. My thinking is, if they are struggling to get people in while they have control then the cow pat is going to hit the fan in a big way when official launch comes around and they have no control over how many getting in at a time.

The lack of communication (a problem we had through beta as well) is also a worry.

No. It is over 7 days, you might get in a day early before the 20th and if you cancel your pre-order now and it's a physical copy then you'll be at risk of not being able to get one over the holidays.

Just relax and wait.

No they really should cancel. Less of their type in the TOR gene pool! ;)

The Emperor has forseen this.. Sadly I'm not able to cancel my pre-order now and get my money back and just buy a subscription. 50 Euro's for one month play time (15 Euro's) and one useless color stone.. Early acces? Noo..Noo.. You redeemed your code to late!

I'm kind of curious as to what happens to those of us that pre-ordered early but got borked codes from Best Buy. I didn't get a working code from them until Dec even though I pre-order in Sept.

You will wait with the rest of us...

And then ask to wait some more dag nammit.

And you will love it.

here we don't get that money back. even though is only 5 euros, we kinda feel deceived. (it wasen't only the store that lured us into buying, but the preoder box case was very missleading too, that alone should make us reconcider not buying at all.

we decided to preoder for the headstart because my husband have a 6 days off work, so we planed on using that time to play some together. that it is pointless right now.

It's day 1. It is 2 days before they even said early access would begin. They stated that pre order would be staggered based on when it was placed. It's also only a few days, hardly the end of the world. If 5 euros or dollars means so much to you that you will get all upset then you should not being playing mmorpgs. LOL.

Lemme explain something. Here are the numbers, JUST the box order numbers, but I imagine the digital orders follow in line percentile wise as well:

July 119,260

August 244,277

Sept 62,599

Octo 228,674

Nove 245,946

If you notice, considering they only had preorders for 10 days out of July, that is why only a few days have gotten in so far. It won't be individual days they do for every month.

So they had plenty of time to procure enough servers to accommodate about 1 million players and probably another million at launch.

I don't see why so many people are qq'ing. They have their schedule set, all this complaining about not being in you're doing, they could care-less. They are a business, basically no matter what they do they know that a boat load of people will stay and that more $$ for them.

and a boat load of people that won't. i think you would be quite succesful if you ever decide to make your own mmo with that mentality!:rolleyes:

In all honesty, even if we don't get in until 10 minutes before EGA ends, BW have still kept their word. They advertised 'Up to 5 days' and even then had the phrase 'May be able to play'. I don't understand what the big problem is, so you don't get to play early before everyone else, so what? I for one am happy to play other things while I wait :)

considering is very unlikely that we get an email sent before the 20th (release date) what's the point of preordering then?

in my opinion this staggering system for early access, defeats the purpose of doing a preorder now.

should i just cancel my preorder and wait till the 20th ?

The game is out on the 20th, so yes.

Yes, yes you do.

Thats why i'm thinking about putting it on "hold".

I'll play however long I get in EGA then wait for a few weeks until setting my sub up and carrying on.

That's one of my plans anyway. Depends how this "wave" thing goes. My thinking is, if they are struggling to get people in while they have control then the cow pat is going to hit the fan in a big way when official launch comes around and they have no control over how many getting in at a time.

The lack of communication (a problem we had through beta as well) is also a worry.

ah I misread your erlier post. But waiting a few weeks after EGA? That's self control rivaling a jedi master. I didn't preorder until december and I'm not really THAT hyped about this game (and I got plenty of other stuff to do atm), but I'm still itching to play :)

Cancel your preorder! See if it dents Biowares wallet in any way. Because tbh you cancel and someone else will get your copy its a win win situation for Bioware but a loss for you.

Just hang tight, Its day 1 still 6 more to go. And they never said every player will get 5 full days they always said from the start "upto 5 days".

The question here is, Do you really want to cancel because you cant get in on day one?

Use the force to guide you. Luke at the bight side you will get to play at some point.

Are you serious? They're letting folks in two extra days early. We haven't even hit the 5 day early mark yet which was the most time promised at preorder and you're already whining?

That, we are currently in pre-prerelease.

I would love to get in today myself today but hey, i dont think world war 3 is coming next week so why the rush :)

It's kind of like waking up Christmas morning only to be told. "I'm sorry Timmy. You don't get Christmas today. You did your Christmas shopping too late. You have to wait a week."

People are just really excited. Cut them some slack.

hopefully GW2 won't repeat this.

oH GAWD.

you are still complaining? Complaining about getting exactly what was advertised? LMAO, you are persistant!

For the love of god I hop people like you arent around to ruin the GW2 community.

Are you out of tissues yet?