Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least tell us our new High Pop Servers are on the way, they are currently being shipped.....

At least this may settle the masses for a while, so much for the "MORE COMMUNICATION" that was promised to the players months ago.... :(

Well its official, looks like Bioware are 'LITERALLY' ignoring us until F2P hits....I heard ppl say they were gonna do that, but it actually looks legit......so much fail there, whoever is in charge of community management ry rly needs to be fired, i don't care for him/ her any more!

Still waiting...

Please at least let us know you are aware of our discontent... Not just because we are going to unsub if you don't but because we obviously like this game to have endured for so long on such underpopulated servers and deserve at least some acknowledgement.

I convinced 3 friends to buy this game with the intention of starting a guild but due to the low server pops only 1 still plays and both of us are rapidly losing faith and patience.

So one more time - please... just an update...

Edited by laz_AU

this is just stupid.. again "committed" and "communication" both your words used Joveth... this is a joke.. try looking up a dictionary to find out what these words actually mean.. you seem to be able to update your twitter page every day.. but do the 100's of paying customers.. which is your job to look after you sit behind your desk... and watch all the talk and all the questions with no hint of concern.. its Pathetic.. your customer service and everything else you promise its all pathetic.. you should all be ashamed of what a terrible job your doing.

I find it extremely arrogant of Bioware to promise us information about the issue, then the following week go into silence.

If there is ever one thing Bioware can do to curb the negativity surrounding this game is to communicate with its paying customer base in a more timely fashion. Whoever it is in Bioware that is responsible for player communications needs sacked so this game can grow. Bioware at the moment seems focused on spinning hype to prospective customers, when they forget that word of mouth from existing customers is the best hype of all.

The players on Oceanic servers are NOT playing free, they are ALL people that have purchased the game and have been paying a monthly subscription for quite some time. These people deserve better communication as to what is going on with oceanic servers.

It's a tough decision and there isn't great deal to discuss - the pro's and con's are pretty self evident, even this little thread has discussed most of them.

Balancing the backlash and negative publicity is a big part of it, BW is extremely averse to doing anything that'll result in bad publicity - I'm sure we would've had server mergers many months ago otherwise.

The majority will probably react positively but It's extremely difficult to make any kind of judgement about what the negative reaction will be, make no mistake, no matter how popular it is in general terms, there will be people who react very strongly to the prospect of not having dedicated PvP / PvE / RP servers.

Those people would be ignoring the fact as frequently pointed out, that there are generally too few people for those distinctions to matter in the first place, but they'll still be angry.

Bioware, I am finding it harder and harder to believe you are earnestly trying to support your SWTOR customers and maintain this game. This horrible level of communication and support can only be due to extreme incompetence or outright intentional neglect. Due to Bioware's experience in the gaming industry I can't believe it's the former which only leaves the later. If this is not true, please, prove me wrong. Keep your promise, communicate. And stop breaking things that are working please.

It's a tough decision and there isn't great deal to discuss - the pro's and con's are pretty self evident, even this little thread has discussed most of them.

Balancing the backlash and negative publicity is a big part of it, BW is extremely averse to doing anything that'll result in bad publicity - I'm sure we would've had server mergers many months ago otherwise.

The majority will probably react positively but It's extremely difficult to make any kind of judgement about what the negative reaction will be, make no mistake, no matter how popular it is in general terms, there will be people who react very strongly to the prospect of not having dedicated PvP / PvE / RP servers.

Those people would be ignoring the fact as frequently pointed out, that there are generally too few people for those distinctions to matter in the first place, but they'll still be angry.

In reply to this I simply say one in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Does anyone not know that still? The fact there is a pretty unified positive response in this thread I think it pretty much unheard of. This is the internet we are talking about. To me that means it's a fraking no-brainer.

Edited by Evgen

Highlighting the most important thing here, Kynesis.

What they are doing right now is I guarantee hurting them so very much more. 43 pages, of a very small user base of forum users from apac are incredibly beyond disappointed with the current state of affairs. From a business point of view, it's crazy to not bite the bullet and say hey look, this region is suffering, let's do something about it.

See; past TWO mergers in the US. There was outcry after outcry, and alot of annoyed customers. They then merged, and it immediately it turned into a rage fest of the forums, to a massive amount of than you threads, with VERY little backlash. This creates many CURRENT customers pleased, and they stuck with the game, and their communities are mostly flourishing. How this merge will not have the same results, I'll be absolutely 100 percent surprised if it wasn't a massive success, I'd be willing to put on a very solid bet of huge amounts of delightful rejoice.

Propose the following:

Everytime you log in, a WZ q pops, you kill a FP/Ops boss, sell something on the GTN etc(in short, anything significant happens ) go to the bug report (type /bug in chat ) and post the following message.

"Dear BW,

I am a paying customer and have a current subscription. I want to know what Bioware/EA is doing to sort out the low population on my server. "

If someone can come up with a better post to BW be my guest. The important part is you all need to send the exact same message. and you need to track it. If a ticket is not answered in 24 hours, you send another follow up. If it is closed without an answer you send a follow up. If you get a copy pasted answer, you send a follow up.

Also, come back to this thread and post your ticket numbers. At this time there are 2 things probably happening.

1) BW are telling themselves its only the minority on forum/majority is ok with the pop as it is. As we all knwo most ppl dont visit the forums, so BW can justify this as a non important issue by saying "our records show APAC subs at XYZ but only 500 replies on thread, some double so only 200 ppl not happy, rest Xyz-200 ppl are not complaining so we don't need to do ****.(Sounds stupid? believe me, a company will do anything to keep the BOD happy. fudging numbers is the least of it)

2)every department in every company has KPIs. The BW cs team should have some like X tickets open at any time, Turnaround time on tickets etc. if you send a lot of tickets, and then post their ticket numbers, and ask your guildies and friends and random ppl on the server to do so, it fudges their KPI and metrics, which affect the person running the CS team which affect the person above him/her and maybe they will choose to reply rather than have their bottom line blown away.

yes a lot of replies will be copy pasted. Copy and paste the original text back to them saying you want to know what BW is doing to address low pop on your server. You don't need to know anything else about transfers and mergers etc, all you need to do is keep asking them what BW is doing about low pop on your server.

Imm gonna start doing this after maintenance tonight.

BTW, maintenance back on peak times. well not back really but I thought they finally did something right and made a post saying it was a good thing. yes I know, me = sucker!!!

Edited by sankalp

ohh, just thought of this, if possible take screenshots and sent it to them via bug reports or emails or here. Take as many screenshots showing the **** all population we have on the fleets etc. take a screenshot of when you login to wz/gf and the pop showing server time so they can see what we are talking about.

Might organize an event on all 3 servers at the same time to show our dissatisfaction. Maybe something like a naked parade in DK+coruscant. open to more ideas, lemme know what you all think.

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns | 09.21.2012, 08:53 PM

By JovethGonzalez

Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us.

Really? Then why does it take 3+ weeks to let us know if there will be a merge or not? This lack of communication is ABYSMAL.

Support.

As a paying subscriber on the Master Dar'Narla server I want to know what is happening about the low population issues and whether the proposed solution is either a) a server merge for APAC servers or b) a free transfer to the US.

Please do not cut and paste me the old reply about the Free Transfer window being closed. That is not good enough. You promised communication in the 'next few days' over a fortnight ago now.

Text of ticket I just logged.

Ticket Number: 6588016

The quality reply i got from cs to a request that JovethGonzalez post an update on this issue.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your request for our developers to post in your thread.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that this concern has caused.

However, we are not able to assist with your request. But I can assure you that our developers do read the forums in a regular basis. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Should you need further assistance with this matter or any other concerns you may encounter while playing, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service