I Need Help With Crafting

Beerhauler

As far as actual game play, none of the other professions will give you more than a transitory benefit at best at end game. You'll get craftable gear that will fill one or two slots but be replaced well before you're in best-in-slot gear, even if you don't do ops. They might help you get ready to raid, but that's about the extent of it.

I found cybertech to be the most useful while leveling. Being able to craft your own armorings, mods, and earpieces is great as well as keeping your active companion geared up. I think all of the crew skill have at least some practical purpose for gearing up, especially while leveling.

As far as end game goes, biochem is definitely great for the reusable adrenals and stims. Cybertech can RE Black Hole mods and BH earpieces to learn the schematic, and artifice can do the same with enhancements i believe. The Columi earpieces are BoE as well, so I can sell them on the GTN, although they really don't sell well with how easy it is to get Rakata and BH nowadays. Armoring schematics can be learned by RE'ing the armoring that Kephess drops. My armormech can craft some Rakata items; belt and bracers, but seeing that they are BoP, there really isnt a reason to craft them once you get yourself and your companions one each. The moddable ones end up being better anyway.

I only have 2 crew skills at this point maxed out, but I'm working on more. My PT can craft the augmentation kits for any of my toons, as well as aim/cunning/shield/absorb augments.

Now, I mostly just craft or send comps out for mats to make credits. I like not having to ever to dailies unless I want to. It's like a mini-game to me and I enjoy it very much.

Well, I have 7 toons (not a single 50 yet), 6 main crew skills and my commando become to gatherer. So with commando I'm farming all mats for rest of crew skills.

Reverse engineered a lot of items, all my toons are always in blue mods, including leveling companions.

As I can make nearly full sets of modable armor for any class (still missing couple neutral pieces).

And buy having full blue mods, I never used any stims or healing pots, all goes well without. Using only implants from biochem.

Having good gear helps with leveling a lot, especially helps deal with story line bosses. Never needed any help so far.

So I see advantage, crafting takes time, especially if you craft blue items but it is worth for sure.

At least personally I like take a little crafting break from running around like zombie and whacking every thing what is red for me. :p

Edited by Chaffery