I completely skip doing Esseles because of the amount of dialogue

I tried to like itm after going to Esseles for the 100th time. I cannot. I hate it. With a burning passion. The immense amount of dialogue making the instance last almost an hour. I know, it's a showcase flashpoint but damn, I hate it.

So I completely skip doing it and start my flashpoints at from Hammer Station and upwards.

Please Bioware for the love of precious time, do not make a flashpoint last an hour unneccesary via showcase dialogue voice over. Minimise it to nothing more as informative. Double the social points gained at the end so noone complains.

/end rant.

I've done speed runs of Esseles for social points back in the day, and as I recall it only took around 20 minutes spacebarring through the conversations.

If you have new people in the level 10 storymode flashpoint, and they haven't seen it before and want to watch the conversations, you're out of luck.

But if you have a speed run group it's not much slower than the other flashpoints.

Personally I'd love to have more FPs like BT/this one in the game, with a story developing during FP and lots of conversations in it. I really enjoy conversations since they are new every time with different people involved. Too bad 99% want ot skip them.

with running around, skipping trash mobs (recently more people stopped skipping bosses who can be avoided and actually want to do bonus for comms), burning thro mobs asap, jumping, rolling, going rocket boots, speeders, teleports... it's nice to slow down on BT/esseles... I spacebar any way as i could recite those conversations in my dream, but if one person want to listen? great, I can relax ... have a drink, make fresh tea..

we rush thro life, we rush thro game, stop for a minute and relax.

say no to rage.

you must be one of those people spammig spacebar/skip please in chat

just to die seconds later aggroing trash

Yawn...

Yes, i'm obviously playing with new people who haven't seen it before. Usually there are 2 or 3 people mashing that spacebar while 1 will watch the cutscenes. I'm not going to force people to skip. I just don't go there anymore. I levelup faster without going through Esseles.

Edit

You can spot the newbie who hasnt got sprint activated. Or doesn't have a mount or rocket boosts.

Personally I'd love to have more FPs like BT/this one in the game, with a story developing during FP and lots of conversations in it. I really enjoy conversations since they are new every time with different people involved. Too bad 99% want ot skip them.

After 3 or 4 times I just want to get to the action without the same old dialogues again and again

Edited by MichelvanMeerten

I tried to like itm after going to Esseles for the 100th time. I cannot. I hate it. With a burning passion. The immense amount of dialogue making the instance last almost an hour. I know, it's a showcase flashpoint but damn, I hate it.

So I completely skip doing it and start my flashpoints at from Hammer Station and upwards.

Please Bioware for the love of precious time, do not make a flashpoint last an hour unneccesary via showcase dialogue voice over. Minimise it to nothing more as informative. Double the social points gained at the end so noone complains.

/end rant.

My lowbies will either solo Esseles / BT or find groups through chat that are skipping convos or doing 'spacebar run'.

I won't run them with random GF groups - not only is watching the convo's slow and painful, but more likely than not, people watching convos are the same ones who will roll need on stuff they cannot even use.

In the MH versions, I'll ask people to skip if they aren't doing so right at the start. If they don't start skipping, I drop.

I simply love the cutscenes, voices of actors etc. Smuggler choices just can't be skipped IMHO.

I hate those "SKIP" and "SPACE". Skip for yourself, spacebar commandos.

Let me enjoy game the way I want, not as you want me to do.

100th time you say? Well, have you ever thought of doing something new instead? Makeb, GSI, new alt. There are many options. Try ops - get minimal cutscenes.

By the way, are you skipping all the dialogues while leveling too?

P.S. And no, I'm not a newbie.

Edited by space_mechanic

With flashpoints in general (not just Esseles) I tend to go with the group with regards to spacebarring conversations and/or skipping mobs. Having said that, even if I've seen a flashpoint dozens of times I do prefer to not spacebar nor skip boss mobs. But again it's not enough of a deal for me to not do so if the rest of the group is spacebarring and/or skipping mobs.

I simply love the cutscenes, voices of actors etc. Smuggler choices just can't be skipped IMHO.

I hate those "SKIP" and "SPACE". Skip for yourself, spacebar commandos.

Let me enjoy game the way I want, not as you want me to do.

100th time you say? Well, have you ever thought of doing something new instead? Makeb, GSI, new alt. There are many options. Try ops - get minimal cutscenes.

By the way, are you skipping all the dialogues while leveling too?

P.S. And no, I'm not a newbie.

Good for you that you enjoy them. The only reason why I am in Esseles is because i'm leveling another alt. My 8th to be exact. I do skip most quest dialogues aswell. I already know it so why read it and listen to it again.