Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

For Captain Grimyk (Wookie flamethrower), I always have one person in the group start running towards the Taxi Ship sitting by the boss encounter and then proceed to say "Hey tank, drag him over here! It makes it so easy!"

No. No it does not. It makes the fight take forever.

The fight is very, very, very simple: do not AoE or DPS the adds when they spawn.

The adds will NOT run off to the healer if the tank hits them quickly with an AoE when they come down. And yes, the adds WILL die from the Wookie's flamethrower still, it's just not instant like in SM. However, the adds will pull off the tank if a DPS herpty-derps and DPS'es one of them or AoE's. So don't do that. Be smart.

The problem with kiting the Wookie over to the ship is it causes the adds to scatter around the ship, and thus they do not die instantly during the Wookie's channel of "Unstable Fuel". The adds have close to 100k, so if you've got all the adds running around the taxi ship, odds are you are going to have spend time at the end killing each add...and that takes forever.

TL;DR

Stop trying to get the tank to kite the wookie to the taxi. Don't AoE or DPS the adds, let the tank pick them up. They also shrug off taunts like it's their job.

Edited by ScytheEleven

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this garbage the other day.

Tank says and then actually does drag the furbag miles away, we have to kill him there and then there were all the 85k adds to kill afterwards.

It's screamingly simple, you nuke him where he stands and everyone gathers on him at the end during unstable fuel to fry all the teddy bears who will gather round.

Only been forced to do that stupid other way once and it was a pain in the ***.

I had this garbage the other day.

Tank says and then actually does drag the furbag miles away, we have to kill him there and then there were all the 85k adds to kill afterwards.

It's screamingly simple, you nuke him where he stands and everyone gathers on him at the end during unstable fuel to fry all the teddy bears who will gather round.

Only been forced to do that stupid other way once and it was a pain in the ***.

Or, maybe, you could y'know, use tactics, teamwork, and communication, and have the healer bring the adds right next to the wookiee as the channel is going off that indicates he's about to explode? You've got 5 seconds or more to get the adds next to him. All it takes is a tiny bit of awareness ..

Or, maybe, you could y'know, use tactics, teamwork, and communication, and have the healer bring the adds right next to the wookiee as the channel is going off that indicates he's about to explode? You've got 5 seconds or more to get the adds next to him. All it takes is a tiny bit of awareness ..

What part of my post says I don't know the mechanics.

I'm saying the tactic described of pulling the boss away sucks.

I really don't care how people choose to do this. Do it the standard way, easy enough, even if the dps pulls the adds all over the place and run away, in which at least half the time is the case, and we still have to kill all the adds after the wookiee dies. Stand on the ship, just be prepared to pull all the adds to the boss before he explodes, no problem.

I don't see a problem with taking the boss over to the ship as a tank. Don't be **** and position the boss so that it faces the adds. If the adds are spread, then AOE taunt them or get their attention.

AoE taunt does nothing if they make a bee-line to another player besides the tank. Sure, you'll round em up for 5 seconds, then they drop aggro and go back to the person they started on.

Again, fight is stupid simple: do NOT DPS the adds. Tank, when you see the little buggers jetting down, hit discharge/wither/flame sweep/smash/sweeping slash/anything that is an AoE and they will be stuck to you like glue (again, unless your DPS AoE's or DPS them).

So much simpler than kiting over to the taxi.

it actually used to be super easy to do the taxi method, IF you did it correctly, because all you did was get your healer/ranged dps up there, kite the boss within their range and let the pigs go for the healer. before hotfix, they couldn't attack whoever was on top of the taxi, so you literally just burned the crap out of boss, while ignoring the buggers, and then, while still staying up on the taxi - AoEd them down. it could take a bit of time, to AoE them after boss's death, but it was super easy on a healer and tank and dps, because you basically just ignored the entire mechanic of the fight.

however, this has been hotfixed, and now you have to actually tank and kill the adds as they show up. and they STILl haven't fixed the shackle problem where all 4 of you get shackled.

however, this has been hotfixed, and now you have to actually tank and kill the adds as they show up. and they STILl haven't fixed the shackle problem where all 4 of you get shackled.

What problem is that then.

Are you talking about no one being able to break because I'm sure that was fixed.

Or are you talking about everyone grouping up and all getting rooted because they don't understand it's an AOE effect.

There should be a minimum of 4 snare breaks and in the worse case scenario of 2 melee plus a tank the healer should still always be out of range of any snare.

What problem is that then.

Are you talking about no one being able to break because I'm sure that was fixed.

Or are you talking about everyone grouping up and all getting rooted because they don't understand it's an AOE effect.

There should be a minimum of 4 snare breaks and in the worse case scenario of 2 melee plus a tank the healer should still always be out of range of any snare.

it was a worst case scenario of 2 melee dps for me (was healing) and I'm pretty sure I wasn't that close to the boss to get shackled 3 times in a row, all 4 of us (and since it was a pug and we weren't on voice chat, compensating with staggered cc breakers, didn't quite work out and we'd wipe on third shackle due to everyone having it on cd at that point) unless that AoE effect has bigger range than it should, IMO.

For Captain Grimyk (Wookie flamethrower), I always have one person in the group start running towards the Taxi Ship sitting by the boss encounter and then proceed to say "Hey tank, drag him over here! It makes it so easy!"

No. No it does not. It makes the fight take forever.

The fight is very, very, very simple: do not AoE or DPS the adds when they spawn.

The adds will NOT run off to the healer if the tank hits them quickly with an AoE when they come down. And yes, the adds WILL die from the Wookie's flamethrower still, it's just not instant like in SM. However, the adds will pull off the tank if a DPS herpty-derps and DPS'es one of them or AoE's. So don't do that. Be smart.

The problem with kiting the Wookie over to the ship is it causes the adds to scatter around the ship, and thus they do not die instantly during the Wookie's channel of "Unstable Fuel". The adds have close to 100k, so if you've got all the adds running around the taxi ship, odds are you are going to have spend time at the end killing each add...and that takes forever.

TL;DR

Stop trying to get the tank to kite the wookie to the taxi. Don't AoE or DPS the adds, let the tank pick them up. They also shrug off taunts like it's their job.

The only problem with your little rant... is every time I have done Cademimu it has been the tank that said "GET UP ON THE SHIP!"

The one time I did this in GF as a 55 HM i moved the wookie to the area where you first jump down and NOT the ship thats super close to the boss spawn. If you move the wookie far AWAY from where the adds spawn and LOS him so he has to move there you kill the wookie and the Adds don;t even move. They actually de-spawn after so you don't even have to care

I did it a second time and everybody was on this fabled ship and i was like "um guys this is a waste of time...."

Edited by Spyderwraith

Safety first.

Why risk a wipe? Just kill the Wookiee first, and mop up his adds later.

They're not that hard to kill, but the damage will add up when they swarm.

Besides, always easier to have adds stand around and do nothing, than have them wailing on someone and kill them in the process.

Step 1: Do not AoE/DPS the adds

Step 2: When adds spawn, tank hits their AoE move (i.e. flame sweep, smash, discharge, etc).

Step 3: Adds swarm on tank, and tank uses Wookie flamethrower to kill them. DPS continues to NOT use AoE or DPS adds.

Step 4: Unstable Fuel channels, all the adds die. Fight takes one minute.

Ta-da!

The very first time I ran this in GF on my main (Sentinel) we did some sort of kite the wookie around while people knocked the little piggies over the rail. It was...overly complicated. Every time I've run Cademimu since the DPS guide for this fight has been 1) jump on wookie and only wookie, 2) KillKillKill, 3) there is no three.

The very first time I ran this in GF on my main (Sentinel) we did some sort of kite the wookie around while people knocked the little piggies over the rail. It was...overly complicated. Every time I've run Cademimu since the DPS guide for this fight has been 1) jump on wookie and only wookie, 2) KillKillKill, 3) there is no three.

Aye, it's so much easier/faster to just burn the Wookie than kite him all over.

If you use the 2 short cuts (slicing the door and police car terminal), killing the adds will allow you to not have to go past the bonus boss to get enough kills to activate him. The 2 short cuts saves more time than not killing the pigs.

If you use the 2 short cuts (slicing the door and police car terminal), killing the adds will allow you to not have to go past the bonus boss to get enough kills to activate him. The 2 short cuts saves more time than not killing the pigs.

I think your confused. The adds will die from Wookie's flamethrower and instantly from his "Unstable Fuel" channel. This topic wasn't about not killing the adds; it was about not going over and standing on the taxi, which drags the fight out.

My thoughts are this: If the healer takes less damage standing on the taxi, then I'm all for it.

It does not make the fight last longer if done that way. Why? Because all DPS are focused on the Wookie and not the adds. Last run I did the uggs spawned and went straight for the healer even after I AOE taunted (Shadow Tank or Guardian Tank). When the DPS saw the adds for the healer they started attacking them but I quickly told them to get back on the boss and he was down within moments. Healer barely dropped in health and the adds died as soon as the encounter finished.

This happened on 2 different runs on my Guardian and my Shadow. So if it helps beat the encounter, I'm all for it. It it does it even quicker I'm even happier.

I agree with your comments and the tactics, but for my money whether I tank or DPS the fight, it is squishies on the shuttle. In PUGs or with novice 55 guildies, someone is going to aoe, guaranteed. Many level 55 DPS have to have the term aoe explained to them as we come back from cloning. It may take 30 seconds longer to hunt down the little stragglers, but we win almost every time as opposed to the "I told you not to do that!", followed by "stop running away! I can't agro them from here", followed by "type /stuck healer", followed by "anyone have a healer droid?"

Last run I did the uggs spawned and went straight for the healer even after I AOE taunted (Shadow Tank or Guardian Tank).

Taunting doesn't work you have to quickly aoe damage them and make sure your dps don't use thier aoe and pull them off you.

It's pretty simple:

1. Tank pulls boss

2. Tank saves instant aoe attack for when adds spawn and pulls them into the flamethrower

3. DPS quickly burn down the boss and only the boss

4. DPS refrain from using AOE

5. Healer heals

6. Profit

Edited by Snapsix