Dreadseed/Star Forager

Crimsonorion

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the [star Forager Headgear] (bound to legacy) in the outlaws den and the [star Forager Gloves] (bound to legacy) in the NE area of the dune sea using the seeker droid. I had already completed the seeker droid main quest chain, but I do not know if that is a requirement to finding other pieces. I'm guessing that the best places to look are the 55 mob areas on planets where you had to go for the quest chain, but I plan to stop and search anywhere i get a seeker notification. I really hope a legacy weapon will be discovered..... Edited by Adhabah

I found the [star Forager Headgear] (bound to legacy) in the outlaws den and the [star Forager Gloves] (bound to legacy) in the NE area of the dune sea using the seeker droid. I had already completed the seeker droid main quest chain, but I do not know if that is a requirement to finding other pieces. I'm guessing that the best places to look are the 55 mob areas on planets where you had to go for the quest chain, but I plan to stop and search anywhere i get a seeker notification. I really hope a legacy weapon will be discovered.....

I actually found the [star Forager Headgear] in the outlaws den but there are no search areas in the NE area of the Dune sea so it does seem they are location bound but I think you are thinking of the wrong spot for those gloves.

Hey everyone.

I'm about 1/2 way into the Macro & Seeker quests, however the only time I noticed 'other' areas where my Seeker probe activates (outside of Seed area) was on Tatooine, near the NE Dune Sea area, by the ship crash site with Jawas all around it. I spent about 10 mins digging here but got nothing but grey vendor trash.

However, I'm just wondering, are these areas on every planet? Or just some? or just Tatooine? (I never stumbled across any areas on the other planets so far)

Are they in fixed areas? And if so, does anyone have a list of where they are? Are the Dreadseed armour located in 1 location each, or completely random?

Thanks! diolch yn fawr

EDIT- also, I realise I haven't finished the quest line yet so don't have the Probe 'proper'. Is this also a necessity to pick up the armour pieces? I'd assume so

Edited by Kampori

Hey everyone.

I'm about 1/2 way into the Macro & Seeker quests, however the only time I noticed 'other' areas where my Seeker probe activates (outside of Seed area) was on Tatooine, near the NE Dune Sea area, by the ship crash site with Jawas all around it. I spent about 10 mins digging here but got nothing but grey vendor trash.

However, I'm just wondering, are these areas on every planet? Or just some? or just Tatooine? (I never stumbled across any areas on the other planets so far)

Are they in fixed areas? And if so, does anyone have a list of where they are? Are the Dreadseed armour located in 1 location each, or completely random?

Thanks! diolch yn fawr

EDIT- also, I realise I haven't finished the quest line yet so don't have the Probe 'proper'. Is this also a necessity to pick up the armour pieces? I'd assume so

Sorry for the 'bump' but if anyone has any information about extra probe sites, let us know! :)

Awesome, thanks for the reply guys.

Do people know exactly which planets have a 'zone' to mine? Is it every planet from Tatooine and above? or just planets we did Seed quest on?

And any known fixed location of dig sites?

If we can get all info correlated here will help many people. <3

Hi, I've been farming these things for a while now. So far I've found the chest from the heroic as Dufly said, however you can also dig it up. I've found it on Alderaan near Wardpost Landa, I also have the bracers which I acquired from the same area. So far I've gathered the chest, boots, gloves, belt and bracers.

Alderaan - Chest, bracers.

Areas the droid activates - Wardpost Landa, and the area just beyond the dam near the heroic area with the long bridge.

Hoth - Belt, boots.

Areas the droid activates - The new heroic area just beyond where Snowblind spawns, becareful of the "world boss" in that area. He looks just like Gharj.

There are two more spots on Hoth where the droid activates, but I don't recall their names. I'll edit this later when I get to it.

Tatooine - Gloves.

Areas the droid activates - Outlaw's Den, Wreck of the Stardream.

Screenshots because they happened: http://i.imgur.com/fQ7PfNI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u3OWQAg.jpg

Edited by Ovan_Oh-One

Hi, I've been farming these things for a while now. So far I've found the chest from the heroic as Dufly said, however you can also dig it up. I've found it on Alderaan near Wardpost Landa, I also have the bracers which I acquired from the same area. So far I've gathered the chest, boots, gloves, belt and bracers.

Areas the droid activates - Wardpost Landa, and the area just beyond the dam near the heroic area with the long bridge.

Hoth - Belt, boots.

Areas the droid activates - The new heroic area just beyond where Snowblind spawns, becareful of the "world boss" in that area. He looks just like Gharj.

There are two more spots on Hoth where the droid activates, but I don't recall their names. I'll edit this later when I get to it.

Tatooine - Gloves.

You absolute hero <3 Thanks. Gonna be farming all night. Also, do you need to finish the questline to get them? Or can you start acquiring them before?

Hoth - Belt, boots.

Tatooine - Gloves.

I went to the dig site past the dam, took me 40 mins but I found the 'special object' and it was some crappy purple 28 enhancement, and apparently there's only 1 per area? So I guess the armour drops are completely random?

Hoth - Belt, boots.

Tatooine - Gloves.

Did you find both the belt and boots on Hoth in the same location? Also did the level 55 area past snowblind stop allowing you to use the seeker droid once you found both of the set items?

Did you find both the belt and boots on Hoth in the same location? Also did the level 55 area past snowblind stop allowing you to use the seeker droid once you found both of the set items?

No, and no. I'll head to Hoth now to mark the spots

I went to the dig site past the dam, took me 40 mins but I found the 'special object' and it was some crappy purple 28 enhancement, and apparently there's only 1 per area? So I guess the armour drops are completely random?

Some areas have more treasures than others. Outlaw's Den has 1 afaik, the spot beyond the dam on Alderaan has one, however Wardpost Landa... I still have yet to grey out my droid. I've been here for hours now and I just found another Dreadseed chestpiece, 4 purple 28 enhancements and an orange vibrosword.

Edited by Ovan_Oh-One

Some areas have more treasures than others. Outlaw's Den has 1 afaik, the spot beyond the dam on Alderaan has one, however Wardpost Landa... I still have yet to grey out my droid. I've been here for hours now and I just found another Dreadseed chestpiece, 4 purple enhancements and an orange vibrosword.

Oh really? That's awesome. Decided I'm gonna play it safe and just do the H4 first and will come back later and start grinding :) Thank you for all your help

Oh really? That's awesome. Decided I'm gonna play it safe and just do the H4 first and will come back later and start grinding :) Thank you for all your help

I'm debating on going back to Makeb and searching for my remaining pieces there. Alderaan... I swear this thing must be bugged. So much treasure. Granted, the droid thinks greens and blues are interesting...

No, and no. I'll head to Hoth now to mark the spots

Some areas have more treasures than others. Outlaw's Den has 1 afaik, the spot beyond the dam on Alderaan has one, however Wardpost Landa... I still have yet to grey out my droid. I've been here for hours now and I just found another Dreadseed chestpiece, 4 purple 28 enhancements and an orange vibrosword.

Ok so I found the belt in the area past Snowblind but my droid didn't grey out, so should I move on to another location to try for more of the Star Forager set? If so do you recall the location you got the boots on Hoth at all?

If you use your Macro Binoculars, you will see a highlight over the area where you can use the seeker droid, like a radio signal pulsing down to the ground. The icon at the top will either be a quest icon if it is a quest objective area or an open box, if it is a loot area.

This should help you find areas where the seeker droid will work.