DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP - Account Retrieval IMPOSSIBLE

Slinglock

To Whom it May Concern,

I am the owner of the account "KeyPawn" and have been working with the Customer Support team for the past two days attempting to regain access to this account. The Customer Service team has informed me that as a matter of policy and procedure, they need to verify my identity by means of sending a 6-digit code to the e-mail address on my account.

While this normally wouldn't present an issue, the e-mail address on file for my account has since been permanently deactivated by Google. This means that I do not have access to the e-mail, and thus, cannot confirm the 6-digit code they would send. While the Customer Service team has assured me that they have done everything they can within the constraints of their policy to verify my identity, there is simply nothing that they can do other than to suggest that I reach out to the developers here in the forums. I even went so far as to send support@swtor.com an e-mail containing photographs and screen captures to help prove my identity to include my Driver's License.

This issue has created a tremendous amount of stress as I have spent over $1,000 in total on this account since 2011 and was immeasurably proud to be one of the first subscribers to the game and receiving my Founder's Medal. While I understand that policy and procedure is preventing the Customer Service team from changing the e-mail on my account so that I can make the necessary changes myself, it's a hurdle that I simply need to find a workaround for.

I hope that a developer sees this post and that something can be done. I can provide any information to further assist in establishing proof of my identity as well as ownership of my accounts that would be required to better facilitate an expedient solution.

Not to be cute, but please... Help me, Developers, you're my only hope!

The account is attached to your email, so you should contact google to reactivate/reclaim your email account. I'm not sure how you can prove it's your account. There's nothing in your SWTOR account with your real identity except maybe your credit card...? So your SWTOR identity is literally your email account.

The account is attached to your email, so you should contact google to reactivate/reclaim your email account. I'm not sure how you can prove it's your account. There's nothing in your SWTOR account with your real identity except maybe your credit card...? So your SWTOR identity is literally your email account.

Yet again, I contacted Google, cannot reclaim the e-mail address.

Have you tried recreating the same email account? or asking Google to do so?

Bruh...

I've attempted to recreate the account but it says that there's already an account with that name - when I go to sign in with that account it says that the account was not found. It's just gone.

And before you ask...

What happens is that the account gets deactivated. Essentially, nobody has access to it, Google included, and nobody can use that address again. It basically becomes a dead e-mail address lost to the ether.

Edited by kodrac

My account got hacked back in March. (Long story short, a site had a compromised ad on it and I into my game email after hitting the site.) The hacker removed my Security Key, changed the email attached, ran up $900 in Cartel Coins, and the deleted two of my main toons. This all happened in the course of 7 hours (Went to bed at 1:00AM and had suspected fraud emails from my Credit card at 8:00AM).

Customer Service (EA) had everything straightened out in about 2 days. Had to prove who I was, but since I was an active player, it was pretty simple to tell them recent activity in-game they could look at. Hope you have as good of a result as I did in the end.

*FINAL UPDATE*

Thanks to Amanda and Richard over at EA, I was able to restore my SWTOR account via my Origin account and some EA web ticket investigations. Thank you to everyone who offered support, and even thank you to those who said I was boned. Giving visibility to this issue is one of the factors which resulted in a favorable outcome and I sincerely thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart!

Happy gaming, and may the force be with you all, particularly those on Satele Shan - see you in game and thanks again!

• 1 year later...
This Anmol is a useless hack and every time their name comes up, both in my support tickets and others in the forums, it's about how utterly devoid of effort their responses are, or how inordinately long it takes them to respond only to not do anything in the end.