Help with Chiss BH name?

Vaspyre

I want to jump on a RP-PVP server as I think RPing in this game may be fun, names i usually use are probably not very RP friendly. Names like Bamboozle, Starwind... ect. Can anyone point me in the right direction for naming a Chiss?

Thanks

I am not sure how to hyperlink, as I do not usually reply.. but this is a great guide about the Chiss and how they are usually named. You may be able to fit one of your old names in there somehow. :)

And here is where the poster from Reddit got his information. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss#Language_and_names

Edit: Added second link.

Edited by winsause

Thank you. Still tough to choose a name. Not sure how to even go about it in the game. I get that in the star wars universe it would probably be best to focus on the middle name and then add to it for the first and last name like Vaspyre would be something like Karvas'pyr'elsar (or something along those lines) But how would that translate in the game itself?

So the end result of all that is simply that, if you want your Legacy name to reflect your character's family name, and you want your Chiss to be consistent with that in terms of in-universe Chiss naming conventions, then your Chiss's character name should start with the same sound that your Legacy name ends with. That is, I believe Grand Admiral Thrawn's character name would be Thrawn, and his legacy name would be Mitth. Nuruodo wouldn't be entered into any of SWTOR's name fields, and I don't know where that part of the Chiss name comes into play ayway.

So by reading this I got that if someone wanted to be called Thrawn they would name themself "Mitth" and then use the legacy name of "Rawn"? Would look like Mitth'Rawn? OR is he saying to name yourself Thrawn then add Mitth, so it would be Thrawn'Mitth, or Mitth'Thrawn?

All of this must have flown right over my head. lol

Edited by Vaspyre

Yes it is very confusing, maybe someone else could help us out too, but you would do something like.. Name'(legacy/surname). Or if you really wanted to get into it you could use your full Chiss name which would be Forename'middle'legacy/surname. So if Forename'Middle'Legacy/Surname was a character he could be called Emiddlel outside of Chiss space.

When it comes to naming a chiss, remember that family names are extremely important...

Traditionally, Chiss names consisted of a long tripartite structure with three distinct sections. Usually, this followed the convention of the first and last being family names and the middle being the given name. (Wookiepedia)

The formula for naming conventions generally follows: family name, given name, and family name. The core name being the last letter of the first name, the middle name, and the first letter of the last name. In the lore, we have both Mitth'ras'safis (Thrass) and Mitth'raw'nuruodo (Thrawn) of the same family, but belong to different clans (they were adopted into the Mitth family).

My own chiss, Mitth'uli'sabosen, has a core name of Thulis, and would have been born to the Sabosen family and adopted into the Mitth family through service. At least, if I interpret the naming convention correctly.

Hope that helps. Cheunh is supposed to be difficult--a point of pride among the chiss.

Thank you for all of this information, Im wondering. How should I name my chiss to begin with tho? As in, when you took the name Mitth'uli'sabosen Did you name yourself Mitth'uli' then take the name sabosen later? Do you just omit Mitth and Sabosen and take then name Thulis?

So for example between

Mitth'uli'

Mitth'uli

Thulis

which would be the way to go?

Could also maybe do Mitth'uli then add 'sabosen to make it (Mitth'uli 'sabosen)?

Thank you for all of this information, Im wondering. How should I name my chiss to begin with tho? As in, when you took the name Mitth'uli'sabosen Did you name yourself Mitth'uli' then take the name sabosen later? Do you just omit Mitth and Sabosen and take then name Thulis?

So for example between

Mitth'uli'

Mitth'uli

Thulis

which would be the way to go?

Could also maybe do Mitth'uli then add 'sabosen to make it (Mitth'uli 'sabosen)?

I'd say go with what's easiest for people to remember [and say in voice chat] and a name that YOU like. :)

I went with Thulis in-game for a number of reasons--the least of which are that Mitth'uli'sabosen is too long, and because it would be wrong to expect others to type that out.

Core names are easier to remember and are likely what a chiss would use informally with the galaxy at large (other chiss are likely the only others who know how to pronounce a full chiss name).

Since you're looking to go BH, a core name or even a nickname are the way to go.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spiker

Edited by Dezzi