is inq soo bad?

Letsjet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty decent - however after Zash dies and suffers a pretty funny fate. The story becomes a bit unmotivated, it pretty much just comes to redeming your e-peen by killing Thanaton and after he kicks your ***, you hunt ghosts and explode - because you're too strong for your body and go to fix your body and mind. There's also something about a giant deathmachine.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

Come on guys, it's not that bad.

I'm thoroughly enjoying running around the galaxy playing Ghostbuster.

Edit: Why not play one of each faction? Say, play a Sage, then play an Assassin. The mechanics are pretty much exactly the same, and the storys will be different.

Edited by dazednconfuzed

Out of the five classes I have played past Chapter 2(JK, SW, JC, SI, and RT), I have to rank SI as the worst of them all. The cofnlict with the main villian of Chapter 2 and 3 just feels forced and the guy is ridiculous in the first place.A lot of the planet storylines come off as silly or stupid(Balmorra is especially facepalm worthy). And over all it lacks the sense of being any kind of manipulator.....heck I'd go so far as to say that the story lacked a feeling of player agency at all. It is really weird, the RT is directy ordered from Gneral Garza for pretty much all of their story missions, and yet I still felt like I was making more decisions than I did with the SI. Stuff just happens to the SI, your comapnions figure out what to do, and you get dragged along.

It's good, but it's still easily my least favorite of the stories. It focuses a lot on "go here, kill/collect 4 of these, rinse and repeat" up until Chapter 3.

The end of Chapter 1 is pretty entertaining, though. Excellent plot twist. I was expecting Zash to try to kill me, not

attempt to steal my body.

The SI story is the most detached from the actual galactic conflict (haven't tried Consular past Coruscant, but from what I hear even that is more connected). If you enjoy chasing artifacts, rituals, and

Binding ghosts to your body to give yourself more raw force power than most of the Dark Council combined

, then you're gonna love it. If you don't, you won't like it as much. It's just a shame that the main villain was one of my favorite characters from the comics.

i JUST finished it today. as another poster said, its pretty good but "unmotivated" but the thing is, if you're lightside then you have alot more motivation and reasons for the story. so it makes alot more sense. theres a reason behind everything.

My first 50 was a Sith Sorcerer, I enjoyed the story a lot, the end of chapter one ended rather humorously. I can say I liked the story all the way through. I thought that it would be my favorite story, but then I started playing an agent. I am nearing the end of chapter 2, enjoying that story a lot more. It doesn't make the story bad. . .it is just the agent is far out weighing the Sith at this point.

My first 50 was a Sith Sorcerer, I enjoyed the story a lot, the end of chapter one ended rather humorously. I can say I liked the story all the way through. I thought that it would be my favorite story, but then I started playing an agent. I am nearing the end of chapter 2, enjoying that story a lot more. It doesn't make the story bad. . .it is just the agent is far out weighing the Sith at this point.

The agent is far and away the best (and certainly the most emotionally engaging) story I have seen. Honestly, my very favorite thing about the IA story as a whole is

that sure you are super awesome and you save the galaxy and everything, but it's not because of some 'chosen one' bs - it's just because you were in the wrong/right place at the wrong/right time and happened to be very good at your job. That's kind of awesome.

I think the Inquis story is pretty interesting until the end of chapter 1, because you spend all that time wondering how and when Zash is going to bite you, and then

she does and it was very well done. Then you spend all of chapter 2 proving that Thanaton is right about how stupid you are (which is nicely humbling), and then all of chapter 3 trying to fix what you've screwed up.

It makes it a more 'human' kind of story than I expected for the class. Which I kind of liked.

Its interesting up until the end of chapter 1. Then it just gets ridiculous and WAY too farfetched to really feel anything for. My first character was an SI and it felt forced after chapter 1 and that i was just progressing with it to get it done. the story repeats itself planet after planet for all of chapter 2 and gets pretty boring at times.

However if you go light side, then your dialogue options and such lead you to start 'creating' a new empire founded on decency and powerful just leadership instead of the cruel sadistic enslaving Dark Council. However you can't really do anything in that direction. it only lets you talk about it.

Edited by sadran

i want to make a sin and a sorc - am i doomed to boredom? you can gimme a few acts of spoilers just leave out the last two. Danke.

It's like a bad episode of ghost whisperer. Make your toon look like Jennifer Love Hewitt. It has a few decent moments, but overall, pretty silly. I like Ashara. I hate Xelek, he comes in way to late anyway. Khem is cool, Telos is annoying and Andronokis is not bad. I've never played consular, but I hear it's the only class with a worse set of teammates.

I wish I would have something good to say about inq storyline. Although its not so much about being boring as it is case of events handled poorly. Like inexperienced writing and plot holes.

Im thinking of replaying the inq JUST so I can catalogue everything thats wrong in the storyline.

I can say this: Sith warrior does EVERYTHING better (if you are darkside like me). I just got past chapter 1 and warrior has already done everything that was missing from inquisitor storyline, and thats a lot. Warrior storyline redeemed bioware in my eyes even though bounty hunter story was also good (lvl 50 BH), not as good as the warrior. I cant wait to finish the warrior story.

Edited by Karkais

I wish I would have something good to say about inq storyline. Although its not so much about being boring as it is case of events handled poorly. Like inexperienced writing and plot holes.

Im thinking of replaying the inq JUST so I can catalogue everything thats wrong in the storyline.

I can say this: Sith warrior does EVERYTHING better (if you are darkside like me). I just got past chapter 1 and warrior has already done everything that was missing from inquisitor storyline, and thats a lot. Warrior storyline redeemed bioware in my eyes even though bounty hunter story was also good (lvl 50 BH), not as good as the warrior. I cant wait to finish the warrior story.

Yup sometimes when playing the SI i think the person who wrote the story got information about the sith from wookiepedia and just went with that but the person that wrote the sith warrior knows his stuff about the sith and how they work/act. Lets not forget the sith warrior doing the SI's job better like MANIPULATING people and acting like an evil ******.

Edited by lokdron

Whaaaaaaaa?? I guess different strokes for different folks, I like the Agent storyline.

I like it too, but I still feel it's the weakest of the four.

As for the Inquisitor, there are many things I like about the character. I know many are down on the class as a whole, but I can't agree. She may be my alt, but I probably use her more than my main at this point. At the very least it's the one and only class where I actually use all of my companions.

How can you compare what is happening to the inquisitor to Ghostbusters?

*facepalm*

It's good to have a class that revolves around dark side knowledge,dark side artifacts and dark side lore, and not only simple power plays and war vs the opposite faction.

Sith inq story= best so far,imo.

Edited by Kaedusz

It's like a bad episode of ghost whisperer. Make your toon look like Jennifer Love Hewitt. It has a few decent moments, but overall, pretty silly. I like Ashara. I hate Xelek, he comes in way to late anyway. Khem is cool, Telos is annoying and Andronokis is not bad. I've never played consular, but I hear it's the only class with a worse set of teammates.

Consular teamates are boring. Except the padawan, but you have her around lvl 45~...

Consular story is horrible, and obring. Also, the end is really obvious. And the end is all about "who is the bad guy", when you can deduce it fairly quickly if you have half a brain.

It's good to have a class that revolves around dark side knowledge,dark side artifacts and dark side lore, and not only simple power plays and war vs the opposite faction..

Following may or may not contain spoilers:

Yeah looking for secret knowledge of the ancient sith lords is all fine and dandy. Its what I would expect from inquisitor storyline. However, how is it handled? Person X (cant spoil it) just tells inq what its about. "Hey I heard this sith lord Y used to be really good at consuming ghosts and stuff.." I think you should do the same and you should go here and here to pick up ghost A and B.. I mean seriously, what secret is there about that knowledge then?

It irks me that inquisitor just does what he is told instead of figuring things out himself.

If he accomplishes something, like that spaceship weapon thingy, the whole thing is instantly dropped after the mission is done, even though technically the inquisitor has a great weapon at his disposal, its not explained at all why it isnt used afterwards, or even kept in check. Similar annoying plot holes aplenty, the most glaring one being thanaton just randomly dropped into the story and he for some vague reason just has to kill the inq.

The inq story is full of annoying small details that are handled bad. For instance, Zash calls inquisitor her apprentice yet doesnt teach a single thing to the inq. On the warrior side Baras explains the sith code to the warrior in their very first meeting in comparison.. Zashs first discussion with the inq goes like "Hey, go fetch this thing for me". That pretty much sums up inquisitor storyline. Instead of great writing like in BH and warrior stories, you get wow-like genericness.

Not to mention inquisitor doesnt get to manipulate anyone (tries to manipulate Ashara but only succeeds halfway and gets a confused emo jedi in return), doesnt get to do any political trickery that doesnt involve combat, or pretty much anything else that you would expect from an inquisitor except shoot lightning from his fingers..

That off the top of my head.

ps. I have a hard time believing consular companions are worse than inquisitors. The only one with some kind of dark side feel to him is Khem Val. And he doesnt even talk galactic basic.

Edited by Karkais