Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

The deadric Jedi knight armor looks pretty awesome - I hope that's the gaurdian tank set because if that orange/brown thing is for me they can keep it. Still not a fan of the shoulder spikes though, and I bet the front cape is still that weird stretching spandex thing that looks it's stapled to my legs.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to forget that Tionese, Columi and Rakata were all just recolors. This isn't a new tier, just a step up.

This. Important point to make.

Also: Ever tried costume design, kids? It's actually pretty hard. That's why there's high education involved in a lot of media creation.

Also: Ever tried costume design, kids? It's actually pretty hard. That's why there's high education involved in a lot of media creation.

Errr... yes. I studied Design myself (but not costume, not 3D/modeling). Why does BioWare not employ someone who has taste, knows star wars, and this education? There are so many people out there, with this education. The people who are doing this now - they do not make a good job. Most player hate the SW:TOR armor design! I doesnt't even look like Star Wars!

They could be working on new tier models, these might just be placeholders... which raises the question why they'd even recolour placeholder items.

I play an imperial agent mainly and when I look at the picture the OP provided, I see that they've taken the colours from the Ranked WZ gear and put it on the PvE gear. Is that the case for all the other armors?

Or that they can take out mods and put them in items they like , but lets just keep the **** fit going.

This.

you guys seem to fail to remember how they are moving to F2P, which means that the vanity features (aka armor) are going to be the only thing they will make money from.

Strategically, it's a correct choice, and I hope that I will see always more players going toward clothing because of the look; it's better than seeing everyone dressed up all the same

Wait....so this isn't a photo-shopped joke?

No it's a joke on us from people who doesnt have a clue about the star wars universe.

They used 5 minutes and re colored the crappy looking 1.2 gear for 1.4.Patetic.

Worst artist team of all time,really hope these guys are not in any way proud of the crappy job they are doing.

Not to mention that blind monkey who is approving this in the local zoo.:csw_jabbapet:

I agree.

Don't like the skins, pull the mods and put them in the skins you like. There are a lot of nice armor skins in game that are moddable on both factions, beginning at level 11. Some of the best moddable items in fact are in the 19-33 level range IMO. Take control of your in game experience and use them IMO.

You seem to forget.. what's nice to you might not have quite the same effect on others... just cos you like some of the current stuff, others might not. Across all the classes I find very few to be appealing and was hoping for something a little more creative in what will likely be their last big update (using the term BIG with a pinch of salt of course :) ) before the small andf frequent (allegedly) updates begin.

It simply either poor creative in that team or limited time/budget or they are saving up the nice stuff or skin mods for F2P.. you know the "make it ugly and it will maybe force some instance cash wins in the shop after F2P launches"

Edited by Bloodstealer

This. Important point to make.

Is this why LUCASARTS always creates awesome looking STAR WARS outfits that actually belongs in the STAR WARS universe while BioWare for the most part only creates garbage looking outfits ? :rolleyes:

Why do most of the armors have so much useless crap hanging off of it? for instance, what I think is the Smuggler class (bottom all the way right), why does the helmet have shards of metal sticking out of it? And the Sith Inquisitor, again with the excess metal? Did he wake up covered in Krazy glue then fall into a pile of scrap metal? Looks way too messy and just plain thrown together. The Jedi Knight's/Sith Warrior's armor would look okay, if the Warrior didn't have that Skyrim/Oblivion-esque helmet and the Knight didn't have the shoulder pads that look like 1970s banana bicycle seats. Consular's robes are way too flared to be robes at all. They look more like flared skirts, and that's not right at all for any male consulars out there.And when you look at his armor as a whole, everything looks like it's supposed to be neat & streamlined, then you get down to his boots, which are wrapped in Ace bandages at the calf.

The only armors that look even remotely good are the Troopers and the Agent. Bounty Hunter would be in the good looking category if it wasn't for the coat tail. I know some BH armor in-game at the moment has this same design, and I don't like that either. Maybe BioWare should think about hiring some consultants that worked as costume designers for the Star Wars films & other sci-fi media IN THE GENRE (Firefly/Serenity & Farscape off the top of my heads).

At the very least have a contest where some of the players that may have experience in 3D design showcase their costume designs, post them on the forums and let US pick what we want to see. As an added bonus, BW gets a new (talented) employee and one of your players gets a sweet job. At the end of the day, I hope this was just a leak of fake update armor because this looks horrible and whoever put their stamp of approval on it should retire from game design immediately.

This post cheard me up... you need to apply for a job there.. you have the kind of vivid imagination required to pick this pile of cr-- up off the floor... btw what is a bananna bicyle.. i cant picture that form the 70's :D

If they do that, you can be sure that people will leave: charging $$$ for pretty armor to wear and let the rest only wear recolored stuff.

Have you played many F2P games... armour kits, re-colouring kits, hair makeovers etc etc... they are bread and butter purchases especially when the ingame alternatives are sooo poor... F2P = $$$ and many players, no matter how much they whine and facepalm, will inveriably part with some of those $$$ for the sake of a small morsel of enjoyment from the game - SWTOR will be no different if they do their homework and price the items sensibly so's not to bork the business model predictions :)

Appearance tab aside, the best cosmetic feature LotRO introduced was plain colour robes and cloaks. Not everyone wants something overly elaborate.

Simple styles are really in demand, and if the ability to turn greens/blues into oranges ever comes along you'll all see it.

Okay my jedi sentinel and shadow sees this and cry :(

Yes it looks a little bit better, but seriousely BW you CAN do better than this.

Still that ugly potato sack look for my sentinel and the shadows new set, I'm sorry but thats even worse than BH...

I thank you BW for giving us the oppurtunity to rip out the armoring, mods etc and place it in GOOD looking gear (like Columi or Rakata). Yes BW my sentinels Columi set is VERY cool. A orange robe for a Jedi I LOVE it (and no I'm not joking). So hang in there BW next time you gonna make GOOD lokking gear, I know it!

And if you don't have the ideas, please make a gear contest, because we the community sure has some cool ideas for gear :)

Well who are the real fools here? Certainly not the playerbase still paying for it after over half a year with no new content. Nope! Nothing to see here, move along.

I'll cherish the day people take their power as consumers seriously and use it to influence what is acceptable and unacceptable by companies.

And yeah yeah, my sub runs out the 18th.

Hello BioWare,

the players left are people who want to love this game. They are still here, despite of all mistakes that were made in the past.

And you keep on kicking them dirty, with some ****** 1.2-set recoloured?

That's a nice idea.

Motto: How fast can we crash the most expensive MMO?

Hello BioWare,

the players left are people who want to love this game. They are still here, despite of all mistakes that were made in the past.

And you keep on kicking them dirty, with some ****** 1.2-set recoloured?

That's a nice idea.

Motto: How fast can we crash the most expensive MMO?

you really don't see the pattern? Tionese/Columni/Rakata -- BH MK1/BH MK2/BH MK3 ?

it's almost the same as wow, only difference is that in wow you have to give gold to transmogrify your gear (to get another appearence), here you use credits to pull out mods and put them in the set you want to wear.

if you don't like it, use custom gear (yes black hole set bonus goes to your custom gear)