Bolster with Ossus 252 gears and augs

Lhancelot

So I been gearing up my sorc via Ossus. It's not as bad as I was expecting, granted I wouldn't want to run more than one toon through this process, and I haven't. But it's pleasant and mostly well done.

It's a shame they can't just make 10-15 different planets like Ossus, and then offer gear grinds on each planet just like Ossus. If they did this, imagine how much they could do with it? They could offer different gear sets on each planet, different tacticals, etc. This would make people happily grind for gears if they had a different planets to choose from to gear their grinds on.

Anyway, I digressed.

The reason for this post is this. My raw healing output is higher without my crit augs and I hardly lose any crit to speak of, meaning it seems I get more benefit NOT using augs with the 252 gears than if I used them. Isn't this sort of backwards? I would have thought using augs in the 252s would be of greater benefit than without...

My poijnt here is, why even bother putting augs on the 252 i get, when they bolster WITHOUT augs with better overall numbers? Am I missing something here? I realize this probably won't be a topic in a few weeks, but for now i am doing the grind so figured maybe someone could fill me in on this matter. Should I even bother putting augs on my 252s or is my impression true, that not augging the 252s is better?

PVP WZs

I wrote a few threads on this a while back in the pvp section.

Basically, empty or no Augments automatically add a default 236 Augment to each item when you Bolster.

What you are probably finding is when you have no crit Augments, you are getting the crit plus the increase in crit chance from mastery plus the extra power a 236 Augment has.

Can I assume you are using 228 purple crit augs? And not 236? If you add a 228 purple aug, it will also not get the extra power a 236 aug has.

See if you can find some of my old threads/posts on the testing I did. I might not be explaining this well enough as I’m sick and bit in coherent.

Edited by TrixxieTriss