Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

CarnagexMGDx

... Yes it's the flutterplume I want... So ... I just have to hope that BW will add it to the Cartel Market soon...

Found another type of flutterplume on the gtn but it was grey, not gilded...

Yeah yeah if BW don't add the gilded verdion to the Cartel Market I must just get the grey one... :)

Thanks for answer :)

Considering the Flutterplume one is a physical card you could probably just buy it off the web somewhere. I hear that you'll need to change your region on the account to get it to go through but it should work.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Buy...Had item matching SKU#...No items and was told no ability to print out a copy/code.

Target...Nothing....

Walmart...Notta

Didn't make it to a Gamestop.

At Best Buy you have to go through their game kiosk as a pre-order.

You can also get them to process it at the register but they must look it up as a pre-order.

Apparently only the super Walmarts have the cards.

They may not be at Target yet.

I'm gonna try to look at one near my house tomorrow.

I got my flutterplume from a regular Walmart that was only a short distance from a Super Walmart that didn't have them. It seems very random on which Walmarts have them in stock right now.

I wan't to try and get the European pet, but I need to be better about budgeting my collecting habit :p

If you're in Europe and you want a Gilded Flutterplume, you'll need to find a sympathetic American to get one for you -- and then, you'll need to go through a process to get the code accepted, too, sadly. (I picked up a code for a friend in England, and he's having some difficulties, I know.) None of these are available through websites; you must go into a physical store.

More in-game items tied to out-of-game purchases (SW cards I don't need, cantina events I can't go to, etc, etc). Great. Now how about tying an exclusive pet to 3- or 6- month subscriptions? You know, the people you've been rolling your budget on.

Yeah, didn't think so.

Anybody got a sighting of these things at Target yet?

The people at the one closest to me just sort of gave me blank stares this weekend and with Double XP weekends coming up, it's gonna be about a month before I go outside on the weekend again to try again.

As a general rule, we're waiting until we can verify the inventory has made its way through various retailers and gotten onto shelves. We don't want to send y'all to Walmart only for you to discover they aren't there yet.

That being said, Walmart reportedly went live this week, and I understand that we should be appearing in Target 'very soon'.

It's now been two weeks since this 'very soon' post. Anyone have any luck at Target yet? Better yet, what is Bioware's definition of 'very soon'?

• Dev Post

Current Status:

Walmart. Physical cards are available in many Wal*marts. You may want to call ahead, they' apparently sell out very quickly.

Best Buy. You need to find a Best Buy with a Pre-order Kiosk. On that Kiosk, search for "Star Wars Old Republic" and you should see a 2400 cartel coin offering. Print a receipt, take it to the register, and they will print out a code for you. There are no physical cards, but I have verified this works personally.

Gamestop. Similarly, these are also digital-only (i.e. no physical cards). Go to Gamestop and ask the employee to purchase a 'digital-only' reg code for Star Wars: the Old Republic Cartel Coins. They may have to search for their system to find it, but it should be available. They'll print out a code, which you can redeem directly from our website (they used to have a more complicated process, but we've been working with them to simplify it). I've verified that this all works as well.

Target. Not available yet. We'll let you know when there's something to know.

The Gamestop one seems like the biggest pain in the butt to me. The employees are frequently not well informed about this and some will insist they don't have it. You don't have to deal with this at Walmart because they either have it or they don't since it's a physical card and you can get around ill informed employees at Best Buy with the kiosk but Gamestop depending on your store and the employee you can can be a real challenge and require you to really argue with them.

In the future I would really appreciate physical cards for brick and mortar stores and to have the digital codes be sold online.

It's worth noting that Best Buy originally tried to sell their digital codes on their website and it was a total disaster where they codes weren't being sent and ultimately they had to yank it from being sole on their website.

You have to have the GameStop people search for some combination of "TOR" "2400" or "Cartel" because if they search for "SWTOR" or "Old Republic" all they'll find are the 60 day time cards.

I'd need to look at my receipt to know for sure, but I think it says "Star Wars TOR 2400 Cartel" on it.

Once I learned that trick, I walk in, tell them exactly what to search for, and walk out with my codes.

Edited by Rankyn

How the heck does Gamestop expect to sell them with no physical item in-store? Only informed consumers are even going to know they have it!

Any news on the Crested Orokeet yet? (This is the only reason I checked this post in the first place.)

I checked one of my local Targets and the local Toys R Us and they didn't have any. A Toys R Us employee informed me they wouldn't be carrying any cards associated with PC games anymore and that I would have to look elsewhere for the newer titles. They had remved their remaining stock to the clearance section (although still at full price).

Walmart, however, had tons at the local supercenter. There were at least 7 pegs just full of them! And the salespeople were very helpful. They knew exactly what I was looking for when I asked for it.

Any news on the Crested Orokeet yet? (This is the only reason I checked this post in the first place.)
Literally 3 posts above yours is an official post from two days ago saying that Target does not yet have the cards in stock.

I got the artic Lynx from Best Buy. You get your printed receipt from their in store kiosk (its located in the games section). You have to search for cartel coins, click on the button and then take the receipt to the cash register. For those who have gotten theirs from Gamestop, how did you get it? Did you have to go to the cash register and ask? Will they even know what you are talking about? I asked the guy at Best Buy and he didn't:):

Current Status:

Best Buy. You need to find a Best Buy with a Pre-order Kiosk. On that Kiosk, search for "Star Wars Old Republic" and you should see a 2400 cartel coin offering. Print a receipt, take it to the register, and they will print out a code for you. There are no physical cards, but I have verified this works personally.

I can verify from personal experience that NOT ALL Best Buy stores have the same software/databases on their pre-order kiosks. Of the 3 Best Buys local to my area, exactly 2 of them had the cartel items. The third, and oddly enough, the most heavily trafficked of the 3 Best Buys did NOT have the cartel items on their pre-order kiosks.

I got the artic Lynx from Best Buy. You get your printed receipt from their in store kiosk (its located in the games section). You have to search for cartel coins, click on the button and then take the receipt to the cash register. For those who have gotten theirs from Gamestop, how did you get it? Did you have to go to the cash register and ask? Will they even know what you are talking about? I asked the guy at Best Buy and he didn't:):

At GameStop you have to ask them to search for some combination of "TOR" "2400" and "Cartel"

They are not listed by "The Old Republic" in their system and that will only return a 60 day time card.

At Best Buy they can look them up for you as well, but they MUST look them up as a pre-order or they will not find them in their system.

What is all this stuff???? Are the pets free if you ask odd questions at store? Do I have to buy something? Am I just buying the pet? Is the pet a bonus for getting off my butt and driving to the store to purchase something I can easily do at home? What is the point of all this?

Is the pet a bonus for getting off my butt and driving to the store to purchase something I can easily do at home? What is the point of all this?

Basically, yes. The pets are included to introduce foot traffic into stores. Yes, you can buy 2,400 cartel coins online directly from the store but, if you come into our store (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc) and buy those 2,400 cartel coins, you'll also get a free pet with them.

Basically, yes. The pets are included to introduce foot traffic into stores. Yes, you can buy 2,400 cartel coins online directly from the store but, if you come into our store (Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc) and buy those 2,400 cartel coins, you'll also get a free pet with them.

Sounds good, and it's a very reasonable ammount to have to purchase. Also, lets me stop for sushi since ill be in the area. It's a win win

• Dev Post
A Toys R Us employee informed me they wouldn't be carrying any cards associated with PC games anymore and that I would have to look elsewhere for the newer titles. They had remved their remaining stock to the clearance section (although still at full price).

As far as I know of, we have never had plans to put these into Toys R Us. We do have another vendor that we will be announcing 'soon'.