Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

• Dev Post
So what you mean is that I have to buy one more month of subscription if I want to have early access. I thought that it was what I bought with this month of subscription. Don't you think you're removing something that i already bought?

Hey Kesphin,

If you had bought subscription time to make insure that you were a sub for the May 11th Early Access promotion, that remains unchanged. In fact, you actually are getting more now than you would have before! (2 additional rooms, mini-pet, and title).

Your subscription actually bought more, not less :rak_03:

-eric

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost sounds as if guild ships can be moved around the galaxy map from planet to planet... Man so many possibilities. Could be a 4x-ish minigame for the guilds. :p

I hope it's not just a guild thing per se but a faction tug of war of some sorts that everyone can see unfold by just opening up their galaxy map. Have contested areas on the map be up for grabs by guilds of both factions and have borders move as guilds take and loose planets... tie certain faction buffs to control of sectors or individual planets (if we can fight over planets we're questing/doing operations on).

Large scale warfare sans PvP lol. So we cant do 24v24, we can do fleets v fleets. And oh how GSF could be eventually incorporated, makes me all giddy. :D

Meh best curb my enthusiasm heh...

• Dev Post

A few other things I have seen in the thread...

• Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Can you elaborate anymore on how legacy storage will work Eric? Like can "bound to character" items be put in there? If you can that just makes being able to choose your look for characters that share gear so much more convenient.

Also I really appreciate that you gave us things to look forward to when telling us about this pushback rather than just leaving us in the dust.

Edited by theSCARAYone

First off, I got no problem with the pushback with what sounds like there being a lot of great content being added. I do wonder though in the meantime if there is going to be a new event, or a bringing back of any of the old events outside of the bounty hunter one? Outside of PVP I am really running out of things to do when I am not doing OP's.

Also your killing me with the lack of details on the Guild Ship details. I have had no reason to spend my credits in this game for a while and have been stock piling for this and only this. Please do not let me down, I understand keeping things secret, but the anticipation is killing me.

• Dev Post
Can you elaborate anymore on how legacy storage will work Eric? Like can "bound to character" items be put in there? If you can that just makes being able to choose your look for characters that share gear so much more convenient.

This is something that is still being worked on and discussed internally. Once I have a concrete answer on how it works I will share!

-eric

One thing to bear in mind, Dev, is to remember that Fleet's Gen Chat is the hub of our social network.

If we're all moving to Strongholds, be sure to connect the Guild Ships Gen Chat to the Stronghold Gen Chat. We don't want to be 'too' spread out, if you get my meaning.

A few other things I have seen in the thread...

• Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.

-eric

Let the design team know *we want to be able to talk to our companions in our strongholds! :rak_09:

*By 'We' I mean, players like me who are recording our companion and class stories.

One thing to bear in mind, Dev, is to remember that Fleet's Gen Chat is the hub of our social network.

If we're all moving to Strongholds, be sure to connect the Guild Ships Gen Chat to the Stronghold Gen Chat. We don't want to be 'too' spread out, if you get my meaning.

I think I like this idea, in fact I would take it even further. Make a new chat channel that is a global general channel, usable from anywhere.

Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric

Question: With the Stronghold Early Access being moved out of 2.8, will that patch be moved back to its original target date of June 10 (from the earlier Road Map)? Or is that still being determined?

Here are some things I would LOVE to see related to guild flagships. Could you hint if any of these may be or will be possible?

1) Have a legacy perk to travel to Guild Ship.

2) Officers will have 'special' officer room.

3) Able to travel to any planet from the guild ship as a group or alone (perhaps a deployment ship from the guild ship).

4) Have a specific wing in the guild ship through which we are able to board Operations (or take a whole group directly to the entrance of an operation).

5) Guild battle? (Perhaps Galactic Starfighter mode between guilds).

6) Open contest area within the guild ship that will allow for friendly duels and/or practice.

Thanks for all the info so far! I hope Some or most of these features will be available!

have I missed any information on guild ship cost (even a rough estimate). Small/medium sized guilds probably need to start planning funding events and we we had some idea of how much these things are going to cost we can plan better.

I know an exact number may not be reasonable, but a range maybe reasonable. Sticker shock may not be a good thing when they finally hit.

Additionally, mentioned "guild buffs", any information on that as well?

I asked the question earlier but it seems to have no answer yet. If you're not saving already, you probably should start. My guild started saving up the week of the original announcement.

Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards

Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:

Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit

Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously

Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets

New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead

Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds

3 unique Player Strongholds, one on each Capital World plus the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace

2 faction-specific Guild Flagships (Valor-class Cruiser for the Republic and Harrower-class Dreadnaught for the Empire)

Legacy Stronghold Storage

Ability to gain Prestige tracked on Prestige Leaderboards

Hundreds of Decorations to discover and collect

Playing Devil's advocate:

No new pvp or pve content. No extension of class, faction or companion story lines. No new Flashpoints or Operations

But....

New daily missions to grind for " fluff " to put into ' zoned-in apartments ' which can be furnished either thru a daily grind for rep / vendor items or bought thru a new series of crap in cartel packs, of which I guess there will be plenty of variations....

did I miss anything?

Playing Devil's advocate:

No new pvp or pve content. No extension of class, faction or companion story lines. No new Flashpoints or Operations

But....

New daily missions to grind for " fluff " to put into ' zoned-in apartments ' which can be furnished either thru a daily grind for rep / vendor items or bought thru a new series of crap in cartel packs, of which I guess there will be plenty of variations....

did I miss anything?

That's because the article is focused solely on Strongholds. The other stuff isn't related to Strongholds. Would you expect to see notes about Strongholds in a PVP article? Or Operations details in an Arena article?

• Dev Post
I asked the question earlier but it seems to have no answer yet. If you're not saving already, you probably should start. My guild started saving up the week of the original announcement.

All that I can do is to reiterate what Jack Wood (Producer on Stronghold's Team) said at our Boston event "We want Flagships to be something that Guilds strive to acquire" :rak_03:

-eric