Bioware, this is bad - read capitals

Thuperdan

Totally agree with OP. Will be nice to log on a PvP server, where lots of palyers have been given a HUGE advantage. 1 day with undisrupted lvl'ing, now they are ready to gank the new arrivals. **** you BW for this fail aproach. What a epic fail....

. if you want to roll on a pvp server, don't cry about getting ganked.

You have no conception of hardware and bandwidth limitations I see.

Do you seriously think that suddenly allowing 1 million people to log on at the same time and to all come into the same starting zones is going to work?

I want in badly as well, but trying to put the blame on them for making an actually Intelligent implementation decision in a genre that is packed with launch failure after launch failure....that's just silly.

They are doing the right thing, as much as I hate that I'm likely going to be four days or more before I can play....It's still the right decision.

Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.

Star light, star bright,

The first star I see tonight;

I wish I may, I wish I might,

Have the wish I wish tonight.

I wish: That Bioware would bend over backwards to appease my giant feeling of self entitlement.

Edited by Pineapplemang

Most of all who are complaining are from one group.

They waited too long to preorder even though they knew they would be getting early access late.

Personally I wish Bioware would determine by complaining whether a poster gets early access or not. If you start a QQing thread, you get Early Access on the 19th.

Personally I wish I could meet you face to face. But hey, you don't get what you want, I don't get what I want. Consider yourself lucky kid. But hey, stick to your PvE server so you can be coddled by the NPCs and wave as your enemy walks by. I myself will be on a PvP server hunting down all the failures from these two companies - Even at a level disadvantage the evident common sense factor should turn the tables in my favor.

I am not normally one to talk badly about a company like this, but this is a very bad idea. Think of it this way, not only are some people like myself who went with a day one preorder, and still have yet to gain access to the game, sitting here while others with preorders from last week (one of my very good friends is playing right now and I know for a fact he did it last week because I talked him into it.) waiting, and watching. Also, those in game right now, are kinda getting free game time in a way, and that is also pretty unfair to those of us still waiting. Whatever, /end rant

Quit crying, you shouldve ordered earlier.....theyre playing this smart, staggering is easily the best way to go for server stability.

Wrong, if the server is going to crash at say 1,742,513 people connected, then taking 5days to get to that point is only wasting 4days of fix-time, guaranteed the servers will still crash on the 20th. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ********, period.

Bioware - you must not see any of these threads so i'm going to talk loud for you. Try to see this please! Your player base is upset at the action you're taking with the waves. This typically means to stop doing what you're doing and reflect.

You are currently biting the hand that is feeding you as the player base is the same people that will provide you with an income and from the forums that i'm reading (and you're apparently neglecting) you are not giving a good reason to pay.

I of course plan to pay regardless, i simply will not invest in any other games you release, and i will be sure to advise against purchases from your company as you are clearly too simple minded to simply read your own forums.

The waves are a bad idea - they are causing players to have extra time that others do not, splitting guilds up and are limiting the patience of your player base which has (again, according to your own forums) drastically begin to shatter. I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when you stop sending waves today.

If you want to be the intelligent company that alot of people think you are - this last wave should very well include the remaining pre-orders.

Another hilarious post. The forums are full of them. Seriously crying because some people get more game time? That's awesome. I know you said you will play this game regardless, but please, reconsider.

I don't get why everyone's complaining about being ganked. First of all on PvP servers the Republic can't go to Nal Hutta, Korriban, or Kaas. And it's the same thing for the Imperials to the Republic planets. Everyone grow up. If you skipped school or work for this then you're just dumb. It's an early access; it's a bonus. But happy you're getting that.

my favorite part about all of these threads is that the mode of staggering entry was announced before i had even heard of the game, did you suddenly expect it to change once the day had come?

for the record i don't have ea yet, and i'm not upset that i have to wait to get in.

If they let everyone in at the same time, the gameplay would be horrid. Server crashes, extensive lag etc.... I am still waiting for my invite, and stayed up till 4am pst to see if I would get in this morning; and as much as I want to play I am still glad they are doing waves. People need to take a step back, and realize that BioWare is doing this to make sure we have at log in the best possible play experience.

I am not normally one to talk badly about a company like this, but this is a very bad idea. Think of it this way, not only are some people like myself who went with a day one preorder, and still have yet to gain access to the game, sitting here while others with preorders from last week (one of my very good friends is playing right now and I know for a fact he did it last week because I talked him into it.) waiting, and watching. Also, those in game right now, are kinda getting free game time in a way, and that is also pretty unfair to those of us still waiting. Whatever, /end rant

You sir are correct. And players like myself who pre-ordered, and entered code on day 1 who plan to play on a PvP server are at a major disadvantage. Way to blow it out the *** Bioware.

If they let everyone in at the same time, the gameplay would be horrid. Server crashes, extensive lag etc.... I am still waiting for my invite, and stayed up till 4am pst to see if I would get in this morning; and as much as I want to play I am still glad they are doing waves. People need to take a step back, and realize that BioWare is doing this to make sure we have at log in the best possible play experience.

Horrid, perhaps - Even/Fair, Definately.

Wow. Simply amazing the sense of aaaugh that's already struck.

I stand with the sane majority, we'll get in when we get in. The whole "wave" thing has been known for quite awhile, and it does make sense as they monitor their hardware to be sure that everything goes shipshape.

I redeemed my code in late September, so I doubt I'll hear anything from them till tomorrow at the earliest. C'est la vie.

Edited by Ashtur

OP everyone with the ability to read understood that it was going to be a staggered start. Stop trolling forums with ridiculous demands when you knew full and well what was going on. I knew about the staggered start back in July and it turned me off to the pre-order. Once I got my hands on the beta it convinced me to pre-order and now I have to wait a few days for my hesitation.

However, what I do know is that the way Bioware is pushing this launch, people are not going to have as many issues as some other piss poor MMO launches that I've been a part of. It's like a roller coaster that seats 100 people but there are a million people in line. I'd rather have groups of 100 have their chance to get on the ride rather than have all million try to get on the ride at the same time, break the machine, and then everyone is pissed.

But again, it's like... my opinion, man.

They proved they could push a hell of alot more people in the game during their stress test the amount of people and servers in the game are not even a quarter of that its lame i know bioware could do better they have proven they could thats the whole point of a STRESS beta am i wrong?lol either way we will all be in patience is a virtue i just feel bioware teasing us and thats not cool i know they can do alot better buts its only 6 hours since first wave so never know.

As part of the player base, I can say that I am not upset. I'll get in when I get in.

Well the original date for early access was dec 15 I believe. Also what's the point of these waves? I know server stability etc, but if the servers are not ready for millions of players, what's the point. I thought the last beta tests were " stress tests ". Apparently early access is also a stress test.

The real reason is to avoid launching with way too many servers that all turn into ghost towns in a few months when people quit. It's a very smart move. By allowing people staggered access you can better guestimate the amount of servers needed, ease people onto them. What do you rather have? Wait a day or two and end up on a healthy server or start now sit in a 4 hour queue (or 11 hours in case of Aion launch) play with insane lag and end up with a server that's half empty 2 months from now. I rather wait 2 days.