We can romance Arcann ...FROM WHEN?

LordBraidenbach

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two males who romanced him would probably take him back, but ALL 11 of my toons I took through KOTFE/KOTET would be quite pissed that he just arbitrarily decided that HE knew better than I or Lana IF she's not in on it, which on one hand I don't think she's in on it, but on the other I think she IS in on it because I'm getting vibes from SOR all over again. I mean, I'm supposedly the Alliance Commander, I became a peacekeeper with a computer throne but not a sit my *** down throne and I lend aid and all that to the galaxy.

I have a feeling that the whole Umbara train spiel was for the benefit of the Order of Zildrog listening in because he sounded genuinely upset that he had to say all that and do what he did when he probably didn't want to. I get that.

But what the HELL was his or his and Lana's reasoning for NOT telling me what they planned?? I know he's an SIS spy or ex spy or whatever and he's probably really crappy at relationships in general, but seriously, I'm supposed to be this uber leet person ruling the Empire, Republic, Galaxy, etc and yet, he thought it was okay to leave me in the dark? Did he think I'd be a bad actor? And what about my two male characters who romanced him and love him? He even says he would do ANYTHING for me before Umbara began and yet, he just left pretending to be a traitor for his own reasoning.

I kind of really hope it was just his stupid decision to run off and play traitor and it wasn't a tag team between him and Lana. I think I'd be less pissed off if Theron was being a dullard and thought he was doing good by not letting me in, then if he AND Lana decided to do this **** and not inform me. Arg.

Yep, I think I'm leaning more towards her being in on it.

His actual actions don't surprise me...because of who he is and Stupid Theron Does Stupid Things...but yeah, they could have done so much more with it if they'd gone the way of a Great Spy Caper or something with the Outlander involved...even so much as fabricating a falling out with Theron for him to create his cover.

*fixes with fanfic*

Aristocra Saganu would have been a far better romance option than arcann because:

- he is not a mass murderer

- never hunted you down

- never kept you as a "possession" in his vault

- is nice and polite

Wanna know why i have a problem with this arcann romance? Because i want my Jaesa back, she is far more popular than any other LI and i don't see why she is pushed back at every expansion.

Because Jaessa is either boring or psycho (and still boring) and only available/known by one class. Not having Arcann as a romance wouldn't mean you'd get Jaessa back as anything more than how we got Corso, Risha, and Andronikos. Maybe go make a new thread about how you want Jaessa back and stop whining in Arcann threads?

Because Jaessa is either boring or psycho (and still boring) and only available/known by one class. Not having Arcann as a romance wouldn't mean you'd get Jaessa back as anything more than how we got Corso, Risha, and Andronikos. Maybe go make a new thread about how you want Jaessa back and stop whining in Arcann threads?

Werd...and since when is she "far more popular" than other LI's? I'd say the most popular are Theron and Lana...by a long shot...followed by Quinn and maybe Kira.

Edited by Dracofish

• 3 weeks later...
Aristocra Saganu would have been a far better romance option than arcann because:

- never hunted you down

- is nice and polite

Wanna know why i have a problem with this arcann romance? Because i want my Jaesa back, she is far more popular than any other LI and i don't see why she is pushed back at every expansion.

Didn't her VA and Bioware have a falling out? Because if that's true it'll have to be sorted before Jaesa ever comes back.

- never hunted you down

- is nice and polite

As I said I don't care about Arcann as a romance but I also don't care about Jaesa either so if I wanted to be selfish I would say neither of them but since I know people have different ideas I wouldn't do that as that is selfish and rude to others. I don't want either of them but I know other people do.

I romance Koth and that didn't turn out very well due to the fact the devs allowed him to be killed which is all well and good for those that wanted him dead, but even those of us that romanced him we got a break up letter so for quite a while I had to deal with that, until Umbarra. That was the first character I tried a romance on since I been here, as I am not a fan of Npc romances and after that I decided I should stick to my first impression and don't romance the companions.

We are! Too bad he’s a genocidal mass murderer!

*sigh*

I'm sure your characters are all squeaky clean paragons of self-flagellation that somehow managed to make it through 70 levels of gameplay without killing a *single* person.

Edited by Dracofish

*sigh*

I'm sure your characters are all squeaky clean paragons of self-flagellation that somehow managed to make it through 70 levels of gameplay without killing a *single* person.

Eh even the worst PC hasn't done **** compared to Arcann. Not to mention the Jedi PCs only attack those who attack them first (Unless you play them DS for whatever reason). Self defense and blowing up planets are quite different.

That said if he's not their cup of tea I'm not sure why they're in the thread? :rak_02: Certainly won't be forced to romance him.

Edited by Raynezazki

Eh even the worst PC hasn't done **** compared to Arcann. Not to mention the Jedi PCs only attack those who attack them first (Unless you play them DS for whatever reason). Self defense and blowing up planets are quite different.

That said if he's not their cup of tea I'm not sure why they're in the thread? :rak_02: Certainly won't be forced to romance him.

Personally, I don't see Arcann wanting much to do with a Knight or Consular (or any non-Force-using class), but that's just me. Senya even says that she can't imagine the Jedi having much to offer him.

But yes, why blow up the thread with *blows raspberry fart noises* if you don't like him? Just...leave? Don't romance him? Because you probably already killed him in your game anyways? :p

*sigh*

Actually, my consular character has only killed in fights where you have no companions. I used Master Ranos from level 1 and only healed, letting her kill everything in damage mode. Made for an interesting challenge

Actually, my consular character has only killed in fights where you have no companions. I used Master Ranos from level 1 and only healed, letting her kill everything in damage mode. Made for an interesting challenge

So apparently because *your character* didn't technically do it her/himself, then that just glosses everything off into nothingness. It never happened. Uh-huh.

But still...if you don't like Arcann...then don't romance him. Simple.

Edited by Dracofish

But if you noticed the title, it is not like the other ones, asking politely for those that hate or don't like him to politely stay out. This one just states you can romance him from when so from the title maybe they feel this is an good forum to post about that.

The others most refrain from posting they hate or etc about him.

Edited by casirabit

*sigh*

Game play doesn't equal story. What you do in the game is entirely different than a story. In a game play setting you don't have much of a choice but to kill people to gain xp. While in a story setting, you can choose not to kill someone, such as my sage did during her story. She never killed any of the masters. She even went to stop the explosion on Zakuul so innocent people didn't die. She would not sacrifice innocent people just for her safety.

Edited by casirabit

Game play doesn't equal story. What you do in the game is entirely different than a story. In a game play setting you don't have much of a choice but to kill people to gain xp. While in a story setting, you can choose not to kill someone, such as my sage did during her story. She never killed any of the masters. She even went to stop the explosion on Zakuul so innocent people didn't die. She would not sacrifice innocent people just for her safety.

So...apparently you can just imagine that your character was able to do everything they needed to do throughout the story without killing a single soul. That every mercenary, bandit, looter, inmate, etc etc ad nauseum just fell over in complete and total awe in the sight of such majesty laid before them.

Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky...it's just a bit ridiculous for me to envision that even the purest of characters hasn't had to kill. Even in the story setting. Our characters are journeying through warzone after warzone. Sith kill Jedi and Republic soldiers. Jedi kill Sith and Imperial soldiers. These things are happening. For *any* class, there are parts of the story where innocent people die due to our character's actions, either directly or indirectly. Even if you choose every "Light" option. It's war. People die. It doesn't matter if your character didn't actually pull the trigger...it's still a result of your character's actions...even as the Alliance Commander.

And we won't even bring up the fact that the Consular can pretty much mind-melt people at every turn...which is sometimes even the Light-sided option...because yeah...that's such a nice thing to do...

But I think we can agree that if someone doesn't like Arcann, they can just *not* romance him. I hate Doc with a fiery passion that will never die, but you don't see me dropping into Doc threads and being a douchecanoe about it. It doesn't matter that the title doesn't have a PLZ NO HATERS warning...it's just common courtesy.

Edited by Dracofish

So...apparently you can just imagine that your character was able to do everything they needed to do throughout the story without killing a single soul. That every mercenary, bandit, looter, inmate, etc etc ad nauseum just fell over in complete and total awe in the sight of such majesty laid before them.

Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky...it's just a bit ridiculous for me to envision that even the purest of characters hasn't had to kill. Even in the story setting. Our characters are journeying through warzone after warzone. Sith kill Jedi and Republic soldiers. Jedi kill Sith and Imperial soldiers. These things are happening. For *any* class, there are parts of the story where innocent people die due to our character's actions, either directly or indirectly. Even if you choose every "Light" option. It's war. People die. It doesn't matter if your character didn't actually pull the trigger...it's still a result of your character's actions...even as the Alliance Commander.

And we won't even bring up the fact that the Consular can pretty much mind-melt people at every turn...which is sometimes even the Light-sided option...because yeah...that's such a nice thing to do...

But I think we can agree that if someone doesn't like Arcann, they can just *not* romance him. I hate Doc with a fiery passion that will never die, but you don't see me dropping into Doc threads and being a douchecanoe about it. It doesn't matter that the title doesn't have a PLZ NO HATERS warning...it's just common courtesy.

I think Casirabit rp's a lot, so in her *setting* nobody dies?:confused:

I think anyway.

Yes I am a roleplayer, so what. That has nothing to do with the game play mechanics and your story. In the story arc, you know when you are actually talking to someone, not traveling to it and encountering npc throughout the travel yes you are going to kill someone.

In your story where sometimes you have a choice not to kill someone and you can choose not to. I know my sage pretty much did that.

I also know my sentinel took light side choices. There was at least one instance that when she was on tatooine and she met a particular sith, she didn't kill him but turned him and he was one of the people on Corellia that helped with the war.

Yes you are in a war area and some people die, but none of my characters, including my sith, bomb 5 planets into oblivion just for one person. People want to compare what the characters did to something like that?

I frankly don't care who someone romances but quit comparing what our characters did to that. Do I believe in redemption? Yes I do but comparing that to what some of the characters did is not even in the same category.

Yes I am a roleplayer, so what. That has nothing to do with the game play mechanics and your story. In the story arc, you know when you are actually talking to someone, not traveling to it and encountering npc throughout the travel yes you are going to kill someone.

In your story where sometimes you have a choice not to kill someone and you can choose not to. I know my sage pretty much did that.

I also know my sentinel took light side choices. There was at least one instance that when she was on tatooine and she met a particular sith, she didn't kill him but turned him and he was one of the people on Corellia that helped with the war.

Yes you are in a war area and some people die, but none of my characters, including my sith, bomb 5 planets into oblivion just for one person. People want to compare what the characters did to something like that?

I frankly don't care who someone romances but quit comparing what our characters did to that. Do I believe in redemption? Yes I do but comparing that to what some of the characters did is not even in the same category.

I never said that what Arcann did = what our characters do/did. It's not a competition. My entire point is that *nobody* in the game is innocent. Not my characters, not yours, not Arcann, not Lana, and not even Theron...who a lot of people seem to conveniently cast as *the* innocent cinnamon roll.

For someone to say that he shouldn't be a romance because he's an awful person blah-bitty-blah-blah-whine-whine...and then in the next breath completely forget that our characters, as well as other quite popular romances, are far from innocent...well, it's just kind of hypocritical to me. Especially considering that Arcann puts himself on the path to redemption, which is something that every Jedi should be able to understand and appreciate...while our characters...they apologize for nothing. :)

I'm not saying you're doing this...because you said you don't have a problem with Arcann being a romance option, but there are plenty of other examples in this thread.

Personally, I don't see Arcann wanting much to do with a Knight or Consular (or any non-Force-using class), but that's just me. Senya even says that she can't imagine the Jedi having much to offer him.

But yes, why blow up the thread with *blows raspberry fart noises* if you don't like him? Just...leave? Don't romance him? Because you probably already killed him in your game anyways? :p

The jedi as an organization not the PC. He doesn't treat my Knight any differently than my agent. (Which is a whole nother issue really.)

I only killed him on Serp (which makes me sad because Serp's my maine). But it wasn't in character for Serp to spare him. He'd crossed the line just a bit too often.

Yes I am a roleplayer, so what. That has nothing to do with the game play mechanics and your story.

It was just a guess of why you thought the way you do, not a fact nor that there's anything wrong with RP. So I was wrong, great, it happens.

The jedi as an organization not the PC. He doesn't treat my Knight any differently than my agent. (Which is a whole nother issue really.)

Yes, I know Senya meant the Jedi Order when she said that.

However, I still don't see Arcann being particularly interested in a super-pure character (which consequently means that I don't really see a super-pure character being interested in him either, unless it's some dark fantasy type dealio).

It's just how I envision the character in my head. I've always felt that all those conversations with Arcann beforehand are very weighted and flirtatious...that the whole thing was just some really angsty, hate-driven foreplay. But, that was with my Sith characters, so... :p

Yes, I know Senya meant the Jedi Order when she said that.

However, I still don't see Arcann being particularly interested in a super-pure character (which consequently means that I don't really see a super-pure character being interested in him either, unless it's some dark fantasy type dealio).

It's just how I envision the character in my head. I've always felt that all those conversations with Arcann beforehand are very weighted and flirtatious...that the whole thing was just some really angsty, hate-driven foreplay. But, that was with my Sith characters, so... :p

Eh a pure DS character would've gutted him so if we're gonna go that way the only characters that make sense with him are grey characters. That said I easily see Arcann with a LS character because him being attracted to someone who offers redemption to someone no matter their crimes makes a lot of sense to me.

Yeah I don't really see Arcann being interested in the PC until he/she offers him that opportunity to join the alliance and turn his life around. That for me would've been the deciding factor in his attraction. :D

In kotfe I never felt Arcann bring attracted to the player, in kotet after the letters, sure.

It's kind of reading between the lines with a little bit of head canon, lol. Like how when the PC is first woken up, Lana mentions that he/she is one of Arcann's "prized posessions". I dunno, I just totally got that vibe from him...like the "I want to kill you, but I want to do other things to you first" vibe... :p

Edited by Dracofish