Help, I can't finish exploring Balmorra!

scotthomas

Hi all.

I hate to post such a trivial matter here, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure this out for myself (and Google isn't helping).

I'm trying to complete the exploration achievement on Balmorra, but, try as I might, there's a part of the Sundari Flatlands that I can't find (it's showing in the log as" 3/4 Sundari Flatlands"). I've even found that hidden (and empty) area below-right of where my marker is (wandering around in there did nothing but get me stuck in a hollow mountain).

I also found the datacron behind the Balmorra Arms Factory; it's a closed map back there, so coming at this unexplored area from that direction is a no-go.

Below is an image of the Flatlands as it appears in my map view, highlighting what I think is the only possible place I have left to explore, and showing why I can't get to it (grey line is mountains and red line is a red energy wall).

Any help on this would be appreciated, as I'm kinda OCD about this exploration.

Cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzis496my6del0a/Balmorra.jpg

My last location I discovered on Balmorra was the WB place. Maybe you missed that one? If I remember correctly it was west side of the map. Try looking for the brighter octagons (I think they are octagons).

It's rather small so you might have missed it, but it's a beach and he is walking in the see. Try this.

Edited by Schanez

Thanks for the quick replies!

discbox: I'll run the Bonus Series'. Hopefully they'll give me a reason to go into that area.

Schanez: Thanks, but I already have Grandfather's Walk (or whatever that WB area is called). The area I'm missing is definitely in the Sundari Flatlands (my achievement log is adamant on this!).

Thanks for the quick replies!

discbox: I'll run the Bonus Series'. Hopefully they'll give me a reason to go into that area.

Schanez: Thanks, but I already have Grandfather's Walk (or whatever that WB area is called). The area I'm missing is definitely in the Sundari Flatlands (my achievement log is adamant on this!).

You're probably missing the Dread Seed area, which is level 53 or above.. it's a part of "after Makeb" quest line.

Misa thinks...

Przemo_No: Thanks but nope. Got that area too. I'm currently doing the Seeker Droid chain.

Damned good suggestion though. Bravo (no sarcasm)! :D

Well, Indeed, it's not the one, sorry. But as far as I remember there is some H4 in that area, and definitely accessible by walk-in, however I guess you need to obtain that quest (or a chain) - I remember I was there, by my Shadow (quest) and Assassin (exploration)

Provided you're imperial, if I remember correctly, (haven't run an imperial toon through Balmorra in a while) that missing area is blocked off by an instanced barrier, and you need to do the bonus quest to get it.

If you're republic, that area is accessable by a path that is just on the north side of the crashed ship in the Flatlands area.

According to your linked picture, the area you have that's unexplored is cut off by an instance barrier. You can get access to it by accepting the quest [HEROIC 4] Resistance Sympathizers which can be accepted at the bounty board at the Imperial base in the Sundari Flatlands.

According to your linked picture, the area you have that's unexplored is cut off by an instance barrier. You can get access to it by accepting the quest [HEROIC 4] Resistance Sympathizers which can be accepted at the bounty board at the Imperial base in the Sundari Flatlands.

This.

If you are imperial at least...

^ This kind of stuff is a problem when trying to do codex/achievement stuff. Everything should be findable without having to do some Heroic and have to go online and search for 30 min to find out what to do to get it. It should be right there. Drive up and get it, done.

It's awesome to see this community flexing beefy knowledge muscles to help someone else finish off an in-game goal. o/''\o You guys are the best!

Yeah i agree, but also its not nice to see BW still not fixing the "Invasion of balmorra" codex item , so my 5k kills on balmorra to get %100 achievement wont be useless :mad:

This.

I think it is part of bonus series, not sure, but that is the area you miss.

^ This kind of stuff is a problem when trying to do codex/achievement stuff. Everything should be findable without having to do some Heroic and have to go online and search for 30 min to find out what to do to get it. It should be right there. Drive up and get it, done.

Well you dont actually have to DO the heroic... just take it on and go there, then abandon it...

^THIS!

KiloAlpha, you're a legend! I would never have figured that out!

I'm deeply impressed if you knew that off the top of your head or deeply appreciative that you would take the time to find an answer if you didn't.

To say thank you, I'll send you the first Battle-hardened Banana-hammock that my Seeker Droid yanks out of the dirt!

It's awesome to see this community flexing beefy knowledge muscles to help someone else finish off an in-game goal. o/''\o You guys are the best!

We are the completionists. We are unstoppable.

Gotta say, I've become a lot jaded by the forum lately, but this thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks all of you. :D

(sorry, this is actually off-topic ;) )

hm, on topic though: I'll have to remember this once I start with the completioning in a big way on my characters. :rolleyes: