I am angry about the economic exploit.

bheta

I blame the console generation that moved into online PC gaming. :rolleyes:

They had cheats there, why not try it in another genre?

I don't even own a console, so I'm not some rabid defender of consoles but this is completely stupid.

I've been subscribed to one mmo or another for the past 10+ years now and there has always been exploiters around. What you're saying is complete nonsense.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't PvP much, but I have seen more than my fair share of it.

You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.

I never see how reporting someone will benefit you. Play your own game, if people want to use exploits then thats their business. Same with RL. If someones murdered someone then yea, they are a danger to the public and id probably snitch. But other than that its their business unless it directly effects me.

If people are constantly shoplifting, prices will go up, and employees will get fired.

If people cheat on university exams, the curve gets screwed up, and what would have been your honest B becomes a C.

If people cheat on their taxes, either the difference will be made up by increasing taxes on others (like you), or services that you may utilize will be diminished. Like maintaining the roads everyone drives on, or giving students financial aid.

If people exploit and get gajillions of credits, they can ruin what GTN economy there is. Good luck buying the mats or mods you need.

The head-in-the-sand philosophy is not good for society or the individual.

I am obviously missing something. How is anyone making "millions" of credits using speed/teleport exploits? I would think? that speed/teleport hacks would simply get you to where you're going a little faster..how is there money to be made in that?

They are not. They are different exploits. In that sense, the community service rep's posting was a bit misleading, as it is not directly relevant. It does, however, outline BioWare's policy on cheaters in general terms. Presumably the same enforcement taken against the speed hackers will be taken against the credit exploiters.

There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.

Actually, PvP is messed up because about 6-8% of PvPers use client side exploits/hacks. Then forums QQ about their classes being OP when reality is they are magically warping places and running 30-40% faster then you - and you aren't actually slowed.

I know the 2-3 guilds I see this crap with and I simply quit warzones they are in when I pull them. They are Republic so those matches are almost a non-starter for me.

Edited by islander

The head-in-the-sand philosophy is not good for society or the individual.

But your individual share of the damage is less than the benefit accrued the cheater. This is what makes cheating work.

You see it more because you don't PvP. Meaning things that are normal anomalies you think are cheating because you don't see it on a regular basis.

I've done well over 1000 wz's and i've seen 1 person cheat. i never saw him again.

Be glad you don't have the Brazillians/Warsong Gulch crew on your server :/

Edited by islander

What happened to the players who have 500 million credits?

that's what i want to know, i have been busting my toon's *** for credit's and here these people win from an exploit.

I normally do not care about this stuff, but i am irked by this.

How does everyone else feel about this?

Ok, I will be the stupid guy for a second....what exactly was the exploit? I have never even heard of something like this, so I am very curious. Thanks for serious responses :)

But your individual share of the damage is less than the benefit accrued the cheater. This is what makes cheating work.

Are you saying, "When **** rolls downhill, it spreads thin, so you shouldn't care when you get hit by the ****?" I'm just checking. I'm not sure I've ever heard the, "Well, it's not THAT bad that you unfairly compensate for/suffer because of X people who are committing Y crime-that-isn't-drug-use," argument before.

Will see, one of my guild mates abused of this exploit, just spent millions credit, in full unlocks (tabs, bank tabs, legacy), stims, rare materials, bought all mounts, etc...

And still got around 750 million credits, i want to see if Bioware does something to him...ill tell you guys as soon as i have news, at this exact moment, nothing has been done to him.

Have you reported him?

Because if you do not, that makes you an accessory to Exploiting.

You don't get in trouble for it, but you look like a total d-bag because of it.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Look on youtube. Search for swtor speed hack pvp. There are quite a few videos there. I have been in 1 match where this happened in personally. He went from one side of the arena over the goal line in like 2 seconds. It was the second time I ever left a wz...

If someone discovers an exploit then they should report it to bioware, by not doing so and using the exploit for their own gains they are cheating just the same as any hacker. This should result in a complete ban. As for those who believe that the results of punishments are not our business, i say the complete opposite, these people should be named and shamed and their punishment held up as an example. Otherwise how are we as a community supposed to have any confidence in bioware? For all we know they do nothing at all to these people, i for one want proof that they deal with these players accordingly.

Have you reported him?

Because if you do not, that makes you an accessory to Exploiting.

You don't get in trouble for it, but you look like a total d-bag because of it.

Read the thread.... many people said the same thing to him AFTER he said he reported him.... Or is reading an issue for you?

There is a difference between hacking and taking advantage of exploits introduced by BioWare.

One of the MANY reasons, PvP is so messed up today is not properly correcting for these exploits in the past.

Haha. Are you joking? Games always punish those who WILLINGLY exploit. If someone accidentally did it once, did it a couple more times to confirm, then sent it a trouble ticket, they won't be punished.

But the company can monitor if someone is continually exploiting and that account will prolly lose all of their cash back to before they started exploiting and the person will probably get a temporary ban.

Read the thread.... many people said the same thing to him AFTER he said he reported him.... Or is reading an issue for you?

No, but apparently not being a snarkypants is yours.

Don't test me, bro. I have an adorable Taun Taun Fawn named Skippy and I am not afriad to use him.

*waves Taun Taun in the air*

No, but apparently not being a snarkypants is yours.

Don't test me, bro. I have an adorable Taun Taun Fawn named Skippy and I am not afriad to use him.

*waves Taun Taun in the air*

It is just silly that on page 2, he says he reported him. Page 2. I can understand if it was page 5. But page 2. People really do need to look before they speak. You are on here enough to know that...

It is just silly that on page 2, he says he reported him. Page 2. I can understand if it was page 5. But page 2. People really do need to look before they speak. You are on here enough to know that...

Fool, I don't got time to be reading two pages. I got things to do like watch Repo! The Genetic Opera on Netflix and plot the assassination of Elmo the Monster.

I'll show that red d-bag what the letter D stands for. DEATH! DESTRUCTION! DINOSAUR!

First time offenders should have their account reset (all characters and achievements wiped out), on a second offense their account should be banned.

Anyone sent money should immediately be rescind, if the player does not have enough money to make up for what they were sent (they spent it all), their account should be reset as if they exploited.

Harsh consequences? Yes, but it is the only thing that can slow down exploiting.

Edited by illgot

people exploiting should have their accounts reset the first time (all characters and achievements wiped out), a second offense their account should be banned.

If the logs show repeated exploits and/or significant amounts of credits involved (say >$10M), they should just be banned, period.

First time offenders should have their account reset (all characters and achievements wiped out), on a second offense their account should be banned.

Anyone sent money should immediately be rescind, if the player does not have enough money to make up for what they were sent (they spent it all), their account should be reset as if they exploited.

Harsh consequences? Yes, but it is the only thing that can slow down exploiting.

like you first pojnt, do not agree with the second without an investigation. could have been a friedn that the xploiter talked into playing.

exploiter: "hey, you bought the game!! good, here are some creds o help you get started"

friend: "yeah, the way you hyped it up, i had to try it. thanks for the creds"

2 days later, the friends acct is reset, and he never comes back.

Its scary when some people are so dense or want to be so "gangster" that they cant see how people stealing or exploiting the economic system either in-game or real life does not effect the rest of the society. This is why we have the culture of crime and low morals that surround us in everything we do. Cheating is cheating it does effect everyone just like some dirty theif breaking into a house effects the entire neighborhood with higher insurance rates and a lack of security. Saying something stupid like "snitchs get stiches" just tells me you are probably a cheat and a criminal in real life or that selfish and immature you just dont get it. Either way I would be happier in a world digital or other wise withoit people like you.