Rubberbanding/PvP stutter is back!

Majspuffen

For me and a lot of my friends, 1.3 caused us to stutter in pvp after being victim of a knockback (force push, spike). For example, once you've recovered from force push, if you try to run away you'll stutter back to the position you had landed 3 of 4 times. This just happened to me, I had gotten up on my feet, stunned the sith warrior and ran away, and I got nowhere.

1.4 did fix this issue, but now it is back. And it is very frustrating. Doesn't seem to happen to everyone, either, but it does happen to enough people. This was never an issue prior to 1.3.

A lot of things werent issues prior to 1.3

Dont know what they did to "optimize" their shadows or whatever, but it simply destroyed framerates.

I get stutter, lag spikes of up to 15 secs frozen on screen, ability delay, etc. all of which has occurred mainly after 1.3, and 1.4 made much of it worse.

This is the most important factor in not being able to enjoy pvp or pve gameplay for me- I simply dont get good response from the game technically, making it near impossible to enjoy the good parts of the game due to poor performance of the engine.

I really wish they would just concentrate the majority of their workforce and troubleshooting time to performance issues. If the game doesnt play well, nothing else really matters, we can talk about nerfs/buffs/balance etc, but if you cant play the game because of technical issues, all the rest just doesnt matter.

This is the most important factor in not being able to enjoy pvp or pve gameplay for me- I simply dont get good response from the game technically, making it near impossible to enjoy the good parts of the game due to poor performance of the engine.

Whole-heartedly agree. The game has really degenerated ever since 1.2. I bought a new computer, specifically to play this game in december, and up until 1.3 I could play without any lag whatsoever. Nowadays I get random lag, fps drops and, as mentioned in the title, rubberbanding. It isn't just in pvp either, if I get knocked off my feet by an NPC, I'll stutter too.

Rubberbanding is so bad, that if you get stunned in a fire pit now in Huttball and your cc breaker is not on cd, there is no point using it as you'll die anyway.

That actually happened to me today. I was force pushed into the fire, and immediately popped my cc breaker and ran out of the pit only to stutter back into it. I died <.< ... this is a huge issue. I don't know what code they screwed up, but this did not happen in 1.2 or prior.

Please fix Bioware.

you know what is really annoying about this, is when you leap in to smash, you wait a sec for the knockback that is coming for sure, nope no knockback, ok SMASH, oh what do ya no you hit no one at all, then all of a sudden your knocked back... right ok, lag, but wait theres more, guess what! that rubberband kicked in and now your right where you landed from leap, accept no one took smash damage.... FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seen a bunch of people flickering everywhere and appearing to teleport from one location to another all due to the immense lag, especially in Huttball the ultimate lag fest. Also, there's still that bug where a player looks like he's laying down. Seems to be very common.

Yes, this is a 100% gamebreaking issue for pvp, and it is absolute worst in huttball. I see it all the time, assassins/shadows use their stupid knockdown on the carrier next to a fire trap, and even when you get up, you get rubberbanded right back into it so bad, it's a 100% guarantee you will die. It is so bad at this point, it might as well be considered an exploit as much as it is a 100% failure of coding and breaking the game. This is exactly the kind of issue that when it pops up you have all of your bug fix team on it and hotfix it right away, not let it sit in game for patches destroying pvp and driving even more subs away from the game.

Happens to me on my sage 100% of the time if pushed back by sorcs, or Mara/Juggs, then immediately followed by a force run to avoid a smash, etc. that is immediately to follow.

You can't avoid smash damage now. Not sure if making the smash timing more accurate included being rubber banded back, but it sure feels like it.

In to all of the specific issues mentioned above, and in addition to the greatly increased lag generally, getting stuck partway through a knock-back animation (as the person getting knocked back) is also extremely annoying, particularly when it incapacitates you for longer than the duration of the original knock-back would have.

I myself have seen this issue allot lately. I've seen this allot on huttball where you will be running across the firetrap get across and get hit with a stun then suddenly be back at the start of the other side. I've also noticed things like because of the directional cone of the new knockback sometime it missing because of this issue. It also makes it sometime as sin/ops to get behind the target to use the back only abilitys. I think in general though the behind target moves need to be reworked to exicute allot faster. In general back moves are really tricky to get off sometimes, you hit the move and it starts the animation then stops and sometimes you need to spam it or even worse reposition yourself a number of times to make it work.

Seen a bunch of people flickering everywhere and appearing to teleport from one location to another all due to the immense lag, especially in Huttball the ultimate lag fest. Also, there's still that bug where a player looks like he's laying down. Seems to be very common.

Saw this yesterday. A healer started to flicker around all over the place.

I think it is worth mentioning that this never happened before 1.3. The worst that happened before 1.3 was that stunned targets didn't appear at their precise location, but I'll take that over the stuttering, glitchy lagfest that PvP has now been reduced to. It is not just PvP, when I get a knockback or knockdown in PvE I stutter as well.

Whatever change they did in 1.3, I'd suggest they revert it and go back to how things were in 1.2 until they can find a better solution to the issue with stunned targets appearing where they are not.

For me and a lot of my friends, 1.3 caused us to stutter in pvp after being victim of a knockback (force push, spike). For example, once you've recovered from force push, if you try to run away you'll stutter back to the position you had landed 3 of 4 times. This just happened to me, I had gotten up on my feet, stunned the sith warrior and ran away, and I got nowhere.

1.4 did fix this issue, but now it is back. And it is very frustrating. Doesn't seem to happen to everyone, either, but it does happen to enough people. This was never an issue prior to 1.3.

Unpossible... an old bug resurfaces and Bioware ignores it?

Kinda like the Failed skill triggers Global Cooldowns.... (aka toolbar glitch from first month of launch)

Yes that one is back too and has been since 1.4.

Edited by Ahebish