Biggest heal abilities to watch our for

GARhenus

I know interrupting enemy heals are essential in wzs but can you tell me the names of those major healing abilities for each healer class? When disrupting 2 or more healers I often end up interrupting smaller heals only for them to cast those big heals. Class and imperial/republic counterparts will do :D

That's pretty much all I can do against guarded healers while my teammates try to get guard off those pesky sages/ops/mercs

Edited by GARhenus

All 3 of the classes have a "large" heal that takes about 2 seconds

For imps

Sorc - 2.3 Second Cast, longest one they have. You will notice. Also their healing doughnut is great to int. They put both hands up in the air as if they are throwing the doughnut down from the sky. Very obvious.

Op - 1.8 Second cast, besides orbital the longest cast they have, again easy to see. Operatives have a lot of instants tho so a good one will has a lot of options even if you are on him. They also have kolto infusion which is a 1.4 second cast with almost as much healing as the 1.8. Normally you want to let that one go because it burns a tactical and a lot of resource (The 1.4). Normally you only hit the 1.4 heal when you need high HPS on a single target. So operative will rotate the 1.8 and 1.4 sec cast so just wait for the 1.8

Merc - Again about a 2 second cast should be the focus of your ints. They have a interrupt immunity shield which can be annoying. I only play healers in PVP so I don't do much with these guys besides flash bang them. Some one can probably come in and shed some light on how to shut them down.

Alacrity rating ans specs will change the cast times slightly. But those are about right for the average healer

Edited by Mookind

All 3 of the classes have a "large" heal that takes about 2 seconds

For imps

Merc - Again about a 2 second cast should be the focus of your ints. They have a interrupt immunity shield which can be annoying. I only play healers in PVP so I don't do much with these guys besides flash bang them. Some one can probably come in and shed some light on how to shut them down.

rapid scan is spammable and crits high but i would be more concerned with his tracer missiles because they are also spammable, and stack, and come faster each time, and buff the follow-up attacks IF the merc cares to use them. if you int anything on a merc you int the tracer! You're welcome.

Healing Sorcerer (Sage)

Innervate (Healing Trance) - Channeled Heal - Their channeled heal has a cooldown. Only interrupt it early in cast. If you can't get it before the second tick, then just sit on your interrupt. Its usually better to CC during this heal and save your interrupt for another heal.

Dark Heal (Benevolence) - Fast Cast - Interrupt this cast with priority, because its their filler/spammable heal.

Dark Infusion (Deliverence) - Slow Cast - If you're on the healer, the pushback will make this heal almost impossible to get off. If you're not on the healer and just tab interrupting, this one is worth getting.

Revification (Salvation) - AOE Heal - Their aoe heal has a cooldown. If everything is grouped up, then interrupt this, but if its like you solo on a sorcerer with no guard, you can let them get this off (assuming you're a melee), because the sorcerer class cannot just facetank a melee sitting in revification and they either die or have to runaway out of the aoe. You can also grip/knock them out of the AoE heal.

Healing Operative (Scoundrel)

Kolto Injection (Underworld Medicine) - Slow Cast - This heal gaurantees a proc Tactical Advantage (Upper Hand) when it gets off which in turn allows them to use their other heals. Interrupt this with priority, because if they are using this heal they probably don't have procs up and if you lock out this cast, they can only build said procs by using a melee ability or getting rng procs from their hots.

Kolto Infusion (Kolto Pack) - Fast Cast and requires Tactical Advantage (Upper Hand) - Interrupting this is useful, but they are just going to use the proc to instant heal for a little less. It is better to interrupt the above ability.

Diagnostic Scan - Channeled Cast - Never interrupt this. All it does is build up energy.

Ideally, you want to save your stun for around 30% when facing an Operative (Scoundrel) Healer, because they can spam their instant heal as long as they have 1 proc when their heal target is under 30%.

Mercenary (Commando) Healer

Rapid Scan (Medical Probe)- Slow Cast - This heal has no cooldown and in most situations is the best to interrupt, because their other heal has a cooldown eventhough it heals for more.

Healing Scan (Advanced Medical Probe) - Fast Cast - This ability has a cooldown and is worth interrupting if you can get a kill in the time before they can get their other cast off. If not do not interrupt this, because it has a cooldown and they will be able spam their other heal.

When healing mercenaries (commandos) have their shield up, they are immune to interrupts. Of course this game is idiot friendly and doesn't let you use your interrupt into things that you can't interrupt. Usually when they pop their shield is when you CC them and switch or stun them and kill them through their shield.

Rapid Scan (Medical Probe)- Slow Cast - This heal has no cooldown and in most situations is the best to interrupt, because their other heal has a cooldown eventhough it heals for more.

Healing Scan (Advanced Medical Probe) - Fast Cast - This ability has a cooldown and is worth interrupting if you can get a kill in the time before they can get their other cast off. If not do not interrupt this, because it has a cooldown and they will be able spam their other heal.

When healing mercenaries (commandos) have their shield up, they are immune to interrupts. Of course this game is idiot friendly and doesn't let you use your interrupt into things that you can't interrupt. Usually when they pop their shield is when you CC them and switch or stun them and kill them through their shield.

I thought the Rapid scan is the quick cast and healing scan was the slow cast. Even I should know because I play a healer merc.

Healing Sorcerer (Sage)

Innervate (Healing Trance) - Channeled Heal - Their channeled heal has a cooldown. Only interrupt it early in cast. If you can't get it before the second tick, then just sit on your interrupt. Its usually better to CC during this heal and save your interrupt for another heal.

#@$@# all this time i've been waiting for the bar to fill up before low-slashing the guy. lesson learned

what's the healing donut thing?

#@$@# all this time i've been waiting for the bar to fill up before low-slashing the guy. lesson learned

what's the healing donut thing?

Healing donut, AKA cuddle puddle, is Salvation for Sages and Revivification for Sorcerers. If there's a cluster of enemies near the healer, you definitely want to interrupt this. If you see one go off (will look like a shimmery yellow or purple circle on the ground with a burst of light coming out at the start), it's often advisable to AoE into it to hit enemies trying to take advantage of it. (Remember, it heals very little up front, and must be stood in for it to have much effect.)

rapid scan is spammable and crits high but i would be more concerned with his tracer missiles because they are also spammable, and stack, and come faster each time, and buff the follow-up attacks IF the merc cares to use them. if you int anything on a merc you int the tracer! You're welcome.

I don't know any heal merc using TM, it'd be so much gimped to aim for it...

Fusion missile, on the other hand, is free in terms of skill points investment and I often use it as support dps.

Anyway, interrupting Healing scan isn't as bad as it could seem, since it reduces the cost of a following Rapid scan, the issue is it has a cooldown similar to the interrupt effect while Rapid scan is spammable.

Best way to take a heal merc out of the equation is CC, though, since it's quite tough and possibly uninterruptable for 15s on top of that.

awsum advice. been shutting down healers more effectively, although in the end they still manage to land some of those big heals. shutting down solo healers (INNERVATE!) just got a lot better for me as well :D

I still can't interrupt merc healers properly tho.

Edited by GARhenus

Healing Sorcerer (Sage)

Dark Heal (Benevolence) - Fast Cast - Interrupt this cast with priority, because its their filler/spammable heal.

Dark Infusion (Deliverence) - Slow Cast - If you're on the healer, the pushback will make this heal almost impossible to get off. If you're not on the healer and just tab interrupting, this one is worth getting.

Revification (Salvation) - AOE Heal - Their aoe heal has a cooldown. If everything is grouped up, then interrupt this, but if its like you solo on a sorcerer with no guard, you can let them get this off (assuming you're a melee), because the sorcerer class cannot just facetank a melee sitting in revification and they either die or have to runaway out of the aoe. You can also grip/knock them out of the AoE heal.

Healing Operative (Scoundrel)

Kolto Injection (Underworld Medicine) - Slow Cast - This heal gaurantees a proc Tactical Advantage (Upper Hand) when it gets off which in turn allows them to use their other heals. Interrupt this with priority, because if they are using this heal they probably don't have procs up and if you lock out this cast, they can only build said procs by using a melee ability or getting rng procs from their hots.

Kolto Infusion (Kolto Pack) - Fast Cast and requires Tactical Advantage (Upper Hand) - Interrupting this is useful, but they are just going to use the proc to instant heal for a little less. It is better to interrupt the above ability.

Diagnostic Scan - Channeled Cast - Never interrupt this. All it does is build up energy.

Ideally, you want to save your stun for around 30% when facing an Operative (Scoundrel) Healer, because they can spam their instant heal as long as they have 1 proc when their heal target is under 30%.

Awesome post mate. I'd like to add that as a gaurdian I always like to start with my normal interrupt unless I can't, then use push, charge and choke right at the end of their next heals and that way my interrupt is back up again and I can lock out 5 full heals. I also never charge straight away after the push as they are expecting this. Wait for the heal (other than diagnostic scan), then charge. Unless the person is receiving heals from another player or I'm being zergged the healer dies almost every time. At the very least they can't heal their team and it's only a matter of time before another person joins me and he is dead.

Another side note, as a hybrid guardian I also save my defensice CD's for when they notice me on the healer and it gives me more time to menace them. You would be amazed how many healers either panic when they realise you aren't just going away and try to run themselves effectively taking them out of the fight or suddenly every DPS is after you rather than your healer and makes healing much easier for your team.

Just my thoughts.