Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

I am more of a bonehead than most it seems. When I faced Zash, I was LVL 32. I threw Khem into Tank mode and used my assassin as a DPS/Nuclear Warhead. The only semi-intelligent thing I did was continually right step out of her force storm circle. Took almost two whole minutes to kill her. Granted Khem died...but he dies in every Gold+ fight right as it is almost over.

I guess it is because I just prefer brawn over brains when it comes to bosses, as long fights bore me.

I understand what every one is saying with L2P, especially when you have devoted your life to MMO's, but for a new player or some one who doesn't properly understand the mechanics of an MMO, just shouting L2P is not going to help them. Thank you to all who actually posted up proper and intelligent ways to make this fight easier on those who would otherwise have no clue how to "L2P" by themselves.

Every one plays the game a little differently, just like every one has their own penmanship. Just like penmanship, if our teachers just shouted "Learn to write" we would all be illiterate. So to those of you with no valid or helpful suggestions. Shut your trap.

Side Note: How I did it is not a suggestion for those of you having trouble, just a statement, that Zash can be killed, even if you are a little bit thick...or lazy. Use the other suggestions or hit up a friend to give you a hand. Zash is not invincible, she is as frail as the grandmother's face she wears, you just need to learn where and when to kick.

This is why people struggle.

The key to winning this fight is in understanding that, as an inquisitor, you don't just have 1 interrupt. Overload can interrupt. Electrocute can interrupt. CC can interrupt. You just have to stagger those until jolt comes back off cooldown and dps in between. The second time killing this boss was cake compared to the first, when I was a new mmo player. Also. the act 1 boss for operatives is much harder. I'm not even sure what any successful approach would look like absent cheesing it in some way ( I line of sighted and used rapid shots, guildie #1 overleveled through pvp, guildie #2 used heroic moment + legacy abiilties).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure I'll be a notably better player after I finally beat this boss.

Update: I finally beat her. Looking at her corpse on the floor, I just about jumped out of my skin when she blinked. Seriously creepy. heh.

Edited by DrillThrall
status update

I did this tonight, wasn't that bad. I interrupted whatever I could and knocked her out of the AOE heal whenever she put it down. Healer spec'd sorc though so I didn't have much problems keeping khem alive and the ugly zombie witch focused on him.

Also....

Why is she suddenly all friendly and helpful when she suggests I go to taris....from inside khem? She seemed slightly perturbed about the situation when it happened, then got over it in the time it took me to become one of the ghostbusters

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

I did it at 31 as a madness spec assassin. I used the heroic moment. So I CC'd her twice at good opportunities. Tough fight, but I got her. Khem died at the end. He does that on tough fights lately. I'm keeping him geared up but only in greens. I mean it seems pointless to gear him in better than that for now.

• 3 months later...

Honestly I don't know what to do. I've been triying and trying so many times now to finish her.

I'm a Sith Sorcerer Level 34. it should be easy for me. I desturb her whenever I can, I use Kem as tenk and pull him away when she starts the blue thing. I hide behinde the pillars when she attacks me. I attack her whenever possible. But I still die every time.

I might just be the worst gamer ever, as I've seen people lvl 28 defeating her. :(

If anyone would be willing to help me with this, I'd be most grateful.

Honestly I don't know what to do. I've been triying and trying so many times now to finish her.

I'm a Sith Sorcerer Level 34. it should be easy for me. I desturb her whenever I can, I use Kem as tenk and pull him away when she starts the blue thing. I hide behinde the pillars when she attacks me. I attack her whenever possible. But I still die every time.

I might just be the worst gamer ever, as I've seen people lvl 28 defeating her. :(

What server are you on?

I find the easiest way to defeat Zash is to respec as a healer and then to use Khem as a tank while you throw down heals on him, interrupting her hard hitting attacks (force storm? I can't remember, I last did this months ago).

Anyway, put a bubble on Khem and send him in to attack first. Then just try and keep him at 75%+ using your healing, throwing another bubble whenever it's available. Remember to interrupt the hard hitting abilities or you stand no chance.

So, I did this on my first try as an Assassin Tank and I've done it before as a Madness Assassin as well.

If you are going the DPS route, "Jolt," your interrupt, must be used to interrupt any incoming abilities from your enemy. Zash uses many abilities that are channeled, that means if you wait until the last few moments of her cast to interrupt, your interrupt ability might be off-cooldown by then. If your cooldown is not off, your stun ability, "Electrocute," freezes her for 4 seconds and in that time you must beat the crap out of her with the best you can give to her. Once she is off the stun/unfrozen, she will keep on casting. If both, "Jolt," and "Electrocute" are on cooldown, you must use your Area of Effect (AoE) ability called "overload" to knock her back and interrupt her attacks. As a DPS, you need to send Khem in first and let Zash destroy him as you kill her with all you have. Once Khem is dead, follow the interrupt sequence. The key to doing this as a DPS assassin is not freaking out/panicking.

As a Tank Assassin you should put Khem Val in his DPS stance to start with and begin attacking Zash yourself. The ideal thing to do is the same as the DPS, the only difference is that you will be on tank stance and Khem on DPS stance. As a tank the process to killing her will be longer, but your health will be higher once she is dead. I personally used the tank for this fight not because I wanted it to be easier, but because the duel felt more drawn out and heroic as we fought.

If you want to feel like you're in an epic duel, go tank, if you just want to rip her to shreds in seconds (can only do this at level 31-32), then go DPS. In the end it's all about having fun, not respeccing, but if that's what you want to do you might find that you like the other spec more fun than the other.

To all of you that cannot complete quests that are not labeled (Heroic), persevere. It's not that hard if only you keep your mind set on not dying and using the above tactics. Also, dying once or twice doesn't mean that you are dumb and need to l2p, it means that you're a slower learner than someone else so don't be discouraged by the immature people on these forums who claim they are God because they are not. The fact that they're good in a game will NEVER matter.

This fight, and many others like it (e.g. avatar guy on Imp Voss), are what I like to call over-tuned jokes.

These fights are over-tuned in that the damage done is absurd and the number and frequency of casts done make it impossible to interrupt everything (even using all the various abilities that interrupt).

At the same time, these fights are a joke in that the fight can be made trivial by simply running around pillars and obstructions or knocking mobs off platforms causing them to spend time pathing all the while having your companion beating on the boss the whole time.

Edited by DawnAskham

This fight, and many others like it (e.g. avatar guy on Imp Voss), are what I like to call over-tuned jokes.

These fights are over-tuned in that the damage done is absurd and the number and frequency of casts done make it impossible to interrupt everything (even using all the various abilities that interrupt).

At the same time, these fights are a joke in that the fight can be made trivial by simply running around pillars and obstructions or knocking mobs off platforms causing them to spend time pathing all the while having your companion beating on the boss the whole time.

The frequency of Zash's casts really isn't that bad. And her dps merely means that either you or Khem need to be in tank stance. You can do this entire fight without LoSing. In fact, you really shouldn't need to LoS a single attack.

These sort of statements surprise me.

When I was leveling my Sorc, I kept hearing how amazingly overtuned and difficult this fight was. I actually got a little worried about it. So right before I had to do the fight, I went to the GTN and bought Khem Val every last piece of at-level blue gear I could. Spent a bloody fortune (especially considering I don't like running with him, so this was an expense with very little return).

The fight started, Khem attacked, I attacked, I used the 3 interrupts I had to hand, next thing I know the fight was over.

These sort of statements surprise me.

When I was leveling my Sorc, I kept hearing how amazingly overtuned and difficult this fight was. I actually got a little worried about it. So right before I had to do the fight, I went to the GTN and bought Khem Val every last piece of at-level blue gear I could. Spent a bloody fortune (especially considering I don't like running with him, so this was an expense with very little return).

The fight started, Khem attacked, I attacked, I used the 3 interrupts I had to hand, next thing I know the fight was over.

Sort of the same thing for me. I heard this fight was really tough so I leveled up to 32 for the fight. And killed Zash in roughly 30 seconds.

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

You will find that timing your interrupts is key to defeating almost every boss in this game. Assassin at your level is tough, but you should have no issues with her.

Are you also using your knockback skill (Overload) to interrupt her casting when your interrupt is on cooldown? And of course Electrocute for getting in more interrupts.

If you and Khem are decently geared you should be able to take her down as long as you keep her from roasting you with her lightning.

I don't know why people find this so diffcult, I did this last weekend with my Tank Assassin and Khem in DPS stance, Having read the posts on the forum I was expecting a very hard fight, she went down in about 30 seconds. I found the last boss fight on Alderaan harder, 'The Jedi Commander' in House Organa I had to pop my defensive cooldowns for but Zash I didn't use any for.

IMO if you just have decent (you dont need all blue and purple) gear, and are at the same level as the quest, even 1 below, you shouldn't have any trouble. I can't recall Khem dying in few seconds, and my sorc dps wasn't dying quickly either:rolleyes:

Having completed the class story on 6 out of 8 advanced classes, I've never found any of the class missions too difficult to solo at the recommended level or lower.

On my first character (assassin), Visions and Visionaries gave me some trouble and I died twice, but once I switched from Khem to Talos it was a one shot. You have to be good about your interrupts and know when to move out of the way (lightning storm etc ...). It's good practice in basic class mechanics. You get this right, and the rest of the game (including PVP) will get easier for you.