An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Healing

Aurbere

"Bacta can heal the body, the Force heals the soul."- Jedi Healer

The power to mend wounds and cure afflictions is an old technique. Ancient Jedi used this ability to mend wounds and ease suffering. This was usually gained through meditation, but Jedi healers eventually gained far greater control of this ability and could heal themselves without excessive meditation. Extreme forms of Healing include the ability to mend severed limbs, but there is no record of Jedi healing regenerating matter.

Jedi Master Ki-Adi Mundi used the powers of Healing to repair a broken collar bone through meditation during his mission to find Sharad Hett on Tatooine. Jedi Master Cilghal used a version of healing to save Mon Mothma from a disease that was considered incurable by medical means.

The ultimate extreme of Jedi Healing was displayed by Cade Skywalker, who could use the Force to save people on the brink of death. To pull them out of the depths and restore their life.

Healing was once thought to be a strictly Jedi ability. But it is not. The powers of the Dark Side have been seen to heal wounds and sustain life. The use of Dark Healing came with a great price. The effects of Dark Healing degenerated quickly, forcing the healer to constantly meditate or focus on applying the Dark Side to heal themself.

The Sith Lord Darth Bane used Dark Healing, by focusing on the pain of others to sustain his life energy. When he had been poisoned by the Brotherhood of Darkness, he sustained his life until he could find a healer, at which time he murdered a farmer's children, feeding upon their deaths and the grief of the healer to sustain his life.

The Sith Lord Darth Vader displayed a similar technique to survive in his meditation chamber without wearing his breath mask, by focusing on his misery and the failures of his life. He used this power to temporarily heal his lungs, but the pleasure he found in healing his lungs broke his concentration. Vader realized that this form of pleasure disrupted the healing process, but theorized that, with enough concentration and strong willpower, he could live without his life support systems. Something he did not live to achieve.

The power to heal the wounds of others is one of the greatest powers in existence. To save a life at potential cost of your own is a Jedi's duty. The Sith use this power to sustain themselves, the greatest example being Darth Sion. Sion could use the Dark Side to keep his body alive, but he was forced to live in constant pain. This formed a circle. The more pain he was in, the more power he used to stay alive.

Healing is not a universal technique, however. Some Jedi are natural healers, others do not. So the task falls to those who can't heal, to protect those who can. The Jedi healers become the most important Jedi in the galaxy, in peace and in war.

I hope you enjoyed our look at Force Healing. Next is Farsight. Master Yoda will be our guide on this subject.

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below or PM me.

You gotta think that a true master of force healing would be extremely hard to kill. Seems like you'd have to deliver a death blow, or else they'd just heal themselves.

If I could have only a handful of abilities, force healing would definately be one of them.

Great read Aurbere.

Are you gonna do a thread on force battle meditation? I would specifically look into whether or not Bastila's battle meditation effected Revan and Malak, or if it just effected the soldiers and the battle around them. Just a thought.

You gotta think that a true master of force healing would be extremely hard to kill. Seems like you'd have to deliver a death blow, or else they'd just heal themselves.

If I could have only a handful of abilities, force healing would definately be one of them.

Great read Aurbere.

Are you gonna do a thread on force battle meditation? I would specifically look into whether or not Bastila's battle meditation effected Revan and Malak, or if it just effected the soldiers and the battle around them. Just a thought.

I would assume so. I'm betting a complete master of Healing would be able to heal themselves with little effort, which would require decapitation to stop them.

Force Healing is one of my favorite powers.

I plan on doing Battle Meditation. I will be sure to look into that as well.

I wonder, is Aubere a sage/sorc healer? That last paragraph had "Can I get a GUARD PLEASE" written all over it. Great read as usual.

I actually play a mix. I went up telekinesis to Telekinetic wave and then put the rest into healing. I plan on rolling a full sorc healer soon though.

I wonder if a vapaad master could use that to his advantage against a sith who used dark heal? Would the vapaad user be able while redirecting/channelling the others energy be able to benifit themselves? Using the pain from his opponents injuries to heal his/her own or restore his/her own stamina, Even if the effects are only temporary it'd be great to survive combat, and then heal more permenantly in a healing trance or kolto tank

I wonder if a vapaad master could use that to his advantage against a sith who used dark heal? Would the vapaad user be able while redirecting/channelling the others energy be able to benifit themselves? Using the pain from his opponents injuries to heal his/her own or restore his/her own stamina, Even if the effects are only temporary it'd be great to survive combat, and then heal more permenantly in a healing trance or kolto tank

That's an interesting theory. I don't know if it is possible, though. What Vaapad does is "take in" the Dark Energy released by the Sith and uses it to increase stamina, strength, etc. When the Sith sees the Vaapad user isn't backing down, they use more Dark energy in the fight, feeding Vaapad more energy, creating a never-ending loop until one side loses.

I think the Vaapad user would probably just take in the energy that the Sith would be using to heal themselves, increasing their combat abilities. Good theory, though, and it seems plausible. Perhaps if the Vaapad user was a skilled healer they could do that? Maybe.

Nice work, I didn't think you'd find anything on dark healing but you did! Wookieepedia needs to hire you :D

I only found a few tidbits of information and added it to information that we know. So I wasn't able to greatly expand on the info on Dark Healing, but I think it will do.

Speaking of Dark Healing, I think they should add a debuff to targets of Sorc healing. Nothing too big, but something to keep true to the lore. Maybe just a "damage taken increased by 5%" debuff. Not like it would happen, but it would be true to the lore.

hink they should add a debuff to targets of Sorc healing. Nothing too big, but something to keep true to the lore. Maybe just a "damage taken increased by 5%" debuff. Not like it would happen, but it would be true to the lore.

Spoken like a true Republic faction player. And our force lighting should render players its strikes immobile and writhing in pain too :p

Spoken like a true Republic faction player. And our force lighting should render players its strikes immobile and writhing in pain too :p

Actually I have more Empire characters than Republic, but I do prefer the good guys. :p

Doesn't Force Lightning already immobilize enemies? I think it should stun standard and weak NPC's though.

Actually I have more Empire characters than Republic, but I do prefer the good guys. :p

Doesn't Force Lightning already immobilize enemies? I think it should stun standard and weak NPC's though.

Only shock stuns NPC's. Force lightining just slows them down, I love how they just walk towards you while getting barraged with dark side :D

Only shock stuns NPC's. Force lightining just slows them down, I love how they just walk towards you while getting barraged with dark side :D

I would prefer it if they were stunned and writher in agony as I barrage them with the Dark Side! :jawa_evil:

That's the best evil smiley I could find. :p

I can assure you, is seethes with the power of the dark side!

:jawa_evil::jawa_evil::jawa_evil: More evil Jawas! :jawa_evil::jawa_evil::jawa_evil::jawa_evil: MORE!

Yeah... :rolleyes:

I forgot to discuss healing trances for this thread. I'll have to make one discussing healing trances.