[13.10.12] World PvP - "Battle for Alderaan"

Whiteprince

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Igor and I represent the Republic guild “MVPs” on the server TOFN.

I would like to share some information about next World PvP event.

Time:

Saturday 13th 18.00 CET

Event Starts at 18.00 and ends at 19.30 CET (Central European Time)

Event will be held on Alderaan in the Castle Panteer area.

Here =>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/alderaan.jpg/

GAME RULES:

In order to win each faction has to take control over Castle Panteer. For every minute your faction controls it during the event (18.00-19.30 CET) you get 1 point. At the end the side with the highest score wins.

To take control over the castle you must eliminate opposite faction ops group members in the “Control area” => http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/alderaancheckpoint.jpg/

Note that there are supposed to be no enemies in “Control Area” at all.

The control time will be calculated and posted after the Event. Please, come at least 15 min before official beginning of the event to create ops group.

Republic ops group will be created by I'gor. Empire ops by Xzarnyan

Players that are coming with guild group do not have to enter these ops groups!

Hope to see you soon.

Alderaan pvp vid =>

: ) Edited by Whiteprince

Nice one mate ... Really like the sound of this event.

I'll make sure i'll be there with an ops group to face our friendly Reps on the "battle for Alderaan" I'll make sure i'll fraps this event as well.

May the Force be with us

I think it's a nice initiative but I don't think it will work... well maybe it will because a lot of people cba to go to Alderaan, but still.

Imo it would be better to have a list (not very big) of people of each faction so it doesn't become zerguie, and then yeah, confront Republic to Empire. If you let everyone come, well... you'll discover Empire has like 70% of people and we have 30%. So yeah, good luck to win or to play under lag circumstances for that matter.

Turned into a zerg fest where the Republic curbstomped the Empire with a group twice in size, fun for a small amount of time but became tiresome after most Empire players left because of the vast player difference

Would recommend a objective that doesn't depend on player number as deeply as this one did, the king of the hill scenario just meant size was the deciding factor and no form of planning could get around that

Here is my frapsed version of the PvP event at Alderaan...

SWTOR - Alderaan world pvp event - Tomb of Freedon Nadd [13/10/2012]

Can be and recommended to be watched in 1080p HD !!!!

(Not view able in Germany due to copyright claims)

Edited by Smithie