1.2 = Fall of SWTOR

Successful troll is successful.

He started off in what seemed sincere. Really his only fail was using perfect grammar for the most part. Nobody with that solid a grasp on the english language would rant this incoherently. Here is where I first recognized tell tale troll tactics.

"So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome."

Broad and incorrect claims that SEEM like they are backed by facts. Step 1 to troll success

"I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left."

Brilliant! He started out by justifying his plight by showing us all how leet he is with his gear then completely debunks himself with the hilarious claims to "Server 3rd Republic guild" on most servers this is NOT something to brag about!

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY would EVER spell Ridiculous correctly and in the same line of thought say something as insane as "WoW is better because its easy"

All in all I would rate this in the top of the game for troll posts as it has all the required pieces of a legendary troll post except feigned poor grammar.

8/10

lol @ this true and funny :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"zomg all the content is faceroll easy, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

*bioware makes harder content*

"waaaaaah! content is too hard, I cant just walk through it without trying, *** bioware this game is rubbish"

same old story, people are never happy.

sooooooooooooooooo true

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

amirite?

imm imperial so ill use BH terms.

NO MOAR TRACER!! OMG *** WORLD END!!! QQ MOAR /UNSUB!!!!!

tracer missle/grav round spamming killed PvP, I'm glad they nerfed it. I would always avoid mercs and commandos in PvP because of it, unless someone else was beating on them first. Call me a coward, but I couldn't solo these classes because of the easy mode killing it was spamming 1 button. Yes I've tried it, easy and very boring, but also very effective. Interrupts with lockouts dont last long enough to be very effective. and then of course there is the resolve issue if you stun too much.

@ the Op.

If you are so 1337 (y3s 1, kn0w, h0w 2, sp33k 1337 sp33k), work a way around the problems. We did lost island heroic and got our A** handed to us, boom, instant 100K repair. There is always a work around. I'm gonna keep trying to do it until I get the droid down. You do realise (or realize, if you are American) that Lost Island HM is on the level of Ops HM, if not NiM don't you? The end boss drops rakata gear. mistakes are punished severly.

that said, I suspect they will tone it down after all the QQ about the boss. It is said to be the hardest, but there is a lot of healing intensive fights in the FP on almost all the bosses.

Edited by Fallerup

Any new content is going to be hard because its NEW. Just because you can't do it the first time or the first few times that doesn't mean the boss is too hard bla bla bla, it just means you haven't found the tricks that you have to do to kill that boss. Granted I was pissed off at not being able to reset my Ops frames so they are larger, but after exploring the new system I found out how. In short,

Adapt or die.

Just beacuse you can't adapt doesn't mean the rest of us can't as well.

So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome.

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

You increase Scoundrel's ability to heal... Awesome.

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

Im going to go with bold faced lies.

Edited by Dast

So you

Should have stopped there. Beginning with "So," was where you began as an intelligent person, however; by following it up with "You," you should have realized that right off the bat you're going to come across as accusatory. You should have reconsidered the word usage. I'm not going to quote the rest of the post. Because, what need is there to quote nonsense? Adapt or die. I did HM Lost Island with a group with mostly columni gear and we completed it. It can be a difficult instance, that's a given. However once you know the mechanics of these things the instance becomes easier. Welcome to new content. You will wipe in new and spectacular ways until you learn the fights and everything else invovled. Buckle up and wear a cup.

OP if your having problems tanking since the patch then maybe your not a very good tank or the tank you had was bad....I had no problem at all last night with my tank they didn't nerf my taunts or any of my abilities.

quit your moaning, the reason your tanks cant keep aggro is because they either suck or are undergeared..

Usually the first. I can honestly say that before the patch I was seriously considering replacing my guardian with a shadow, but now I'm having a blast on the guardian <3

I was in a bit of a bad mood when I've noticed that the Swelling Winds were moved to Focus, but when I've tried the spec in practice, I have to admit, I didn't expect that much of a change.

Also, Vanguard's Mortar Volley was finally fixed <3

So your guild couldn't clear the new OP in the first day, ..so it's QQ time?

This is the difficulty the majority were asking for since launch. I find it refreshing the only guilds that were able to clear it were the ones that have already worked on it FOR A MONTH on PTS.

As far as tanks go, ...Juggs were buffed, so your point is completely invalid.

BUT you nerf all tank classes ability to maintain agro EXCEPT the Shadow... Fail.

You KILL the Commando and Sage healers for anything harder than normal mode flashpoints... Fail.

What exactly was the thought process in the nerfs? Sages have no way to regain lost force and you took away their only ability to do so (yes you can spec down to 13% health vs 15% to regain but the sage now has to spend more time OFF of the tank...)

The commando's ammo regen is dead. On top of that you killed their ability to remove debuffs effectively by removing the 2 second spec they could knock off of it.

I'm running full Rakata+ (Columi gear with augment slots) in a raid force and I'd call us pretty dagon functional. Yet we can't even kill LR-5 in HM Lost Island. I've got plenty of video that can show we are taking full advantage of the setup but this boss goes beyond nuts when <20-25% (I won't even get in to it). We are the third best raid force on our server (which isn't saying much do to population) but when the best raid forces can't even manage to get this LR-5 down there's a huge issue. Closest we got was just below 4k health left.

This is ridiculous. I just got the in game mail for a free 30 days... big whoop. I can't tell you how much I hate WoW but it's the only viable game to play now and it's BORING. But hey, at least you can kill stuff in that game. Oh and "story mode meant for the casual raid guild to see raid content..." is at best a bold faced lie and at worst either a showing of stupidity on the people who lead the development teams and their inability to ensure quality control OR you thought the PTS results where too "good" so you made it impossible. Last I checked you did flashpoint type zones to prepare for raids not the other way around...

It's disgusting. Oh and I won't even get in to the failed legacy... you know all that stuff you said we'd have that are now under the "soon to come" menu... PLUS the "you can buy these things with your legacy levels OR credits" but that's a fail because it's requirements PLUS credits...

Stupid.

Sorry brah.

I, for one, love 1.2 so far. EC is fun even though my guild hasn't cleared it yet, the legacy system is fun so far (hell yeah I get the sith warrior buff on my IA!), and Lost Island is fun as heck. Guild banks are a much needed feature.

The only thing I don't like about 1.2 is that you cannot send multiple companions on crew skill missions that are labeled the exact same. :(

lol for those of you who haven't played the new content yet by all means put yourselves on ignore

The tank is more than capable and well geared, as stated, so the individual that said undergeared or sucked is beyond way off

I will gladly post 4 hours of wipe on one boss to show you that the ability of the group is not lacking and that everyone easily did their part. If you can find, across ANY MMO, another time that I "QQ"d please feel free. For those that said they have cleared it, show me or shut up.

We had a guild claim they beat the new HM FP last night and when I told them to show me just the fight they couldn't. Really? You can't tell me what it drops? I mean you can look that up and tell me what it drops on the final boss and you failed like that? Get out of here.

Those of you calling this a QQ post have either not played the new content or... no you just haven't played the new content. I spent more than ample time in the new content yesterday and the items I was expecting to see that was brought up by the Devs at the guild summit where maybe half there.

And dude that said, lol, that my statement about the dps going up lost all credibility for the post either has no clue how to play dps or rolls with dps classes that can't play hahaha

So lets see all these hot shots post some videos of your walk through the new content!!! I can't wait!

There were a couple write ups on this forum as far as tactics. We cleared last night with vanguard, sage(heals), sent, sage(dps). Had one wipe on each of the bosses then cleared on second attempt. If we do it again we will likely clear all on first attempt. The droid is not really that hard just a movement fight. Try not to over think the fight and make sure you don't cut yourself off since the ground lightning will grow. The fire dot that gets placed on the tank can be cleansed off by any healer. And the lava that splashes up in the center hardly does anything noticable.

The only fight that gave us a hard time was the last but not because the actual fight was hard. Our tank could not see the ground aoes pop up. He said he repaired but there was no change. He would occasionally see them though so it may just be an issue with his video card. Also for any healers, you can cleanse the dot from the aoe as well. The last fight is not a very melee friendly fight though(Just like every fight in every mmo).

I give 1.2 a 7 of 10.

The new content is awesome, I just with there was another new FP with a new story seed for the next expansion.

The class changes were long overdue and I think they hit the target on all of the major changes needed both pvp and pve.

As with any change, the devs are going to over-tune and undercut some elements. But we will be there to tell and now SHOW (logs) them where they missed.

I am unhappy with the changes to pvp gear. I might be missing something, but as a tank in pvp, life still blows. They pretty much killed endurance on all war hero gear (my old champion war leader LS has like 60 more endurance on it compared to the WarHero version, but its more expertise? I want that 600hp more then that +1.2% damage reduction.

They really want pvp to be all about killing as fast as possible...why cant we have protection be a comparable to heal/dps? I would love to be able to protect as much damage as ppl damage or heal (500-600k)...but its like the odd ball pvp stat...which is lame because it really adds a cool element to the game play.

Also, looking over the pve gear vendors, some of the stat spreads make me scratch my head. I like seeing more absorption and accuracy, but where is the armor + and the defense? Again, I might be missing something, but it looks like a very lazy and tossed together gearing stat spreads, both WH and the new PVE.

Gear is def a hard thing to get down really well, but it sucks to have had to wait since launch for them to fix rakata. I hope I am not crazy in thinking the new pvp/pve gear needs another look and I hope it dosnt take another 3-4 months.

So your guild couldn't clear the new OP in the first day, ..so it's QQ time?

This is the difficulty the majority were asking for since launch. I find it refreshing the only guilds that were able to clear it were the ones that have already worked on it FOR A MONTH on PTS.

As far as tanks go, ...Juggs were buffed, so your point is completely invalid.

^^ I feel like I love you..

Glad to know that lots of others enjoy having something that is truly challenging (and I haven't even tried the ops yet).

im not going to say that SW:TOR is gonna fail or whatever but i dont think i personally will be playing for much longer... PVP keeps getting the shaft in this game and im really getting tired of it. PVE'ers since launch have gotten multiple ops and end game flashpoints. since launch pvp has punished hardcore pvp'rs who put in the time and got equipment/valor the hard way only to find fresh 50's with the same gear 2 weeks later. We have essentially lost illum after it was finally realized that it was seriously flawed (i thought there was beta testing going on) then nerfed it to being pointless.. and we gained a total of 1 WZ, which after playing 10 or so wz's i have yet to see pop.. we were promised 8 man ranked pvp, now even that has been put back to "coming soon" status. 1.2 was supposed to revitalize my interest in this game, but all it as done is show me how far short this game keeps coming when compared to my expectations. If its possible to come out with a fully voiced and cohesive story driven flashpoint/op/etc for endgame pve, how is it that hard to come out with a wz every month or so as well? i would imagine that ops/fps take a lot more effort than a map with objectives, or hell even deathmatch maps with no objectives... i am seriously considering unsub until 8 man AND cross server pvp... im gonna stop here before i spend all morning ranting.

(p.s. i find PVE boring after doing it once or twice on HM/NM since pve content in this game is laughably easy... switching to pve in the meantime is not really an option, id rather read a book or go outside.... yuck)

Edited by Noxcid

I think bioware did a great job with 1.2. The majority of the changes have been posative for the community as a whole. The new pve content is fantastic and the changes to the pvp gear have separated the requirements of the two play types. I understand that people are upset about pvp changes including that of illum. But i think that illum will eventually be something great. People just need to understand that prerelease ideas can easily be broken once us gamers get our hands on it. Patience or gl elsewhere.

Stupid.

1.2 Fall of nubs

"So you buff up dps classes generally by about 15-30%... Awesome."

you seen operatives? they are negative if anything

facts people use facts

Yes that's a fact, ops dmg did go down. Still on par with the top dps classes in game tho.

Edited by Jaidn