Sith Warrior/Inquisitor question

VeetsMyBeats

I haven't play much into either class, but I was wondering story wise, which class story do you see being more neutral regarding Republic and Empire? Cause I kinda want to find a story that tries to bring both sides together, the best of the dark and light side, if that is a story at all in SWTOR.

Yeah, if you're referring to political affiliation, there's really not a whole lot of middle ground as both stories have you rising up within the ranks of the Empire. If you go light-sided that mostly just means that you're working towards reforming the Empire into something better. Neither class is ever really pro-republic. Though if you're referring more to being neutral in terms of the light side/dark side of the force, each class has certain important scenes where their alignment affects the scene, though there isn't anything where they use both sides of the force in combination (a la Revan.)

I see what you guys are saying. I've seen some of the Inquisitors story and from what it seems he's doing is getting people from the light side to the dark side, and at the end of act 3 there was a dialogue option saying about taking over the empire. So as an Inquisitor, are you building a secret army of people with morals of both sides to over throw the emperor? I know that that could be done with the warrior regardless. You could say being somewhat of a Revanite, but not as wacky.

In both storylines there is the option to make your character driven to change the Empire from within, either to your own liking or just for the better of the entire Empire. Inquisitor does it best because he becomes his own boss without a master, having it all be a part of his big power play plan.

Sith Warrior is always beneath someone, even if he becomes one of the strongest Sith. Then again, there is still more story to come.

In both storylines there is the option to make your character driven to change the Empire from within, either to your own liking or just for the better of the entire Empire. Inquisitor does it best because he becomes his own boss without a master, having it all be a part of his big power play plan.

Sith Warrior is always beneath someone, even if he becomes one of the strongest Sith. Then again, there is still more story to come.

The warrior obtains a higher position within the empire than the inquisitor doesn't he?

Pretty sure Inquisitor becomes part of the Dark Council, ruling body of the Empire. Warrior becomes the Emperor's Wrath? Basically what Darth Vader was, liason and enforcer to the Dark Lord himself. Technically I guess that means the Warrior does outrank the Councillor Inquisitor.

On the other hand, from a story perspective, a logical 'expansion pack' of story for the Inquisitor, after Act III, would presumably be following the next step on the career path... i.e. packing the Emperor off to a nice retirement home by the sea with a good view of the River Styx.

The Inquisitor possibly has more *opportunity* to be neutral and Revanite, since the Warrior's always expected to be following orders. My Inquisitor betrayed the Revanites for that very reason- she felt they were right, but that she could make better use of their teachings if they were no longer alive. Of course, that was before she got totally rotten or, latterly, stark raving mad....

This is correct. At the end of Act III the Sith Warrior is the Emperor's Wrath and does not answer to the Dark Council, only the Emperor himself.

I would say that neither warrior or inquisitor are on top of the other one. Inquisitor will be part of the ruling body of the empire, beneath only the emperor. Guess whos the only guy above Sith warrior? I would say that both inquisitor and warrior are equal in power, although warriors position is untouched by byrocracy.

being as vague and unspoilerishy as possible. the lightside inquisitors story and motivation is to gain enough power to stabilize the empire and change sith society so its not so cruel, brutal and backstabby.

all about improving and changing the empire from within.

so yeah, if you want to play an anti-hero with good intentions of making the empire less crazy, then a lightside sith inquisitor is perfect. (can't comment on lightside sith warrior though).

don't worry lightside sith aren't as grossly boyscoutish as lightside jedi so you won't feel like a sissy for being lightside, you feel more like a revolutionary or renaissance man

I think by the end, the inquisitor will come out on top simply because

We own a MASSIVE power base in the empire (I mean, the reason we got a seat on the council was because we were able to rout out an old sith lord who had time to entrench his own power base.) Act III is basically you going to war with a member of the Dark Council- Similar to Hadra and Arctis (The quest hadra's defeat- read that codex entry), which Hadra wins because Thanaton replaces Arctis.