I know its too late to say this but..

acheros

The storyline re-playability is crap. Play it once, its all the same with little difference.

the differences are often as shallow as "fight NPC #12656" vs "Dont fight NPC #12656"

the choices are shallow and meaningless save for slightly different dialog.

How would I fix that? Branched storylines, not just dialog trees. Make it so that if you press 1 for a dialog choice, it becomes a slightly different story then if you press 2.

Do I think this will happen? No, its too late, it would require an entire over-haul of the entire game, voice actors to be brought in again, I know it will never happen. But I'm still unsatisfied that the story is so controlled..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story wore off on me after 20 levels. But I first played a Jedi Knight - his responses/dialogue is terrible and totally out of character "They wont stand a chance against a Jedi" such an egotist, really put me off.

The Bounty Hunter however is pretty cool. His responses made me laugh a few times. I can imagine that replaying them will get very boring. Thank you bioware for the Keyboard ... but without bioware's famous 'story' ... its just a bland and empty game imo.

The storyline re-playability is crap. Play it once, its all the same with little difference.

the differences are often as shallow as "fight NPC #12656" vs "Dont fight NPC #12656"

the choices are shallow and meaningless save for slightly different dialog.

How would I fix that? Branched storylines, not just dialog trees. Make it so that if you press 1 for a dialog choice, it becomes a slightly different story then if you press 2.

Do I think this will happen? No, its too late, it would require an entire over-haul of the entire game, voice actors to be brought in again, I know it will never happen. But I'm still unsatisfied that the story is so controlled..

I agree, the stories are horrible.

7 years of playing MMO's, had to buy a new keyboard other day because I broke my Spacebar...

Broke #'s button before, because of a years time spamming the most useable Specials. never the Spacebar and never in such a short period of time.

- The story in this game is amazing! It's the [spacebar] ... and I really love it. You are just hating, go back to [spacebar].

1. I'd love to go back to wow

2. I'll go back to wow if you refund me

3. I don't like it but I'll go anyway.

Im loving the story so far! The IA and SI story have both had wrapped their fingers since I started!

I love going back to the lower leveled planets on my SI meeting some of the same people, just 30 levels later! the dialogue for these stories are awesome! The female voice actor for the SI is incredible.

I have one 50 inquisitor, 17 sniper, 30 gunslinger and now an 18 commando. I am enjoying the story for the most part, its the biggest reason I play this game. I am aware choices rarely affect the course of my story, but occasionally they do. When they don't, I appreciate the choices for what they are: an opportunity to define my character. That is why I enjoy watching the cutscenes, and making choices that shape what kind of person my character is.

If you were hoping for this MMO to have a 'chose your own adventure' style of storytelling, I think you need to consider the game footprint and think about how much bigger it would have to be to cover multiple story paths for all the story lines. Then you need to think of how difficult that would be to mesh with everyone elses story.

Edited by Ituhata

I skip the dialogue now even for general quests I haven't seen yet (trying to level a republic character before my time runs out). I listen to the class stories and none of them are really drawing me in like IA story did.

Heck, I was laughing at the consular story. It's like, "Your master seems to be losing her mind from some mysterious dark side plague...so we're just going to let her wander around the Senate Building's clinic with her lightsaber."

What game are you all playing?? The stories are indeed very different Smuggler story is completely different then a Sith Warrior's as is a Trooper.

They are playing the "Spacebar" storyline.

Basically everything seems the same to them because they arent acctually playing the game :rolleyes:

What game are you all playing?? The stories are indeed very different Smuggler story is completely different then a Sith Warrior's as is a Trooper.

I'm not saying the stories aren't different between CLASSES. I'm saying within each class the stories should be branched.

If you want two of the same class, but different AC, you have to go through exactly the same story, no matter what. There is no replay value PER CLASS, and yes, some people do level more then one class. I'm on my second inquisitor for instance(due to reroll, not AC, but still)

If you want all of each AC on the same side(empire/republic) you're going to do every story twice.

But also for side missions! Why can't they be more branched? Look at every other bioware game. If you answer a question one way, or say something it changes the entire story!

I'm not saying the stories aren't different between CLASSES. I'm saying within each class the stories should be branched.

If you want two of the same class, but different AC, you have to go through exactly the same story, no matter what. There is no replay value PER CLASS, and yes, some people do level more then one class. I'm on my second inquisitor for instance(due to reroll, not AC, but still)

If you want all of each AC on the same side(empire/republic) you're going to do every story twice.

But also for side missions! Why can't they be more branched? Look at every other bioware game. If you answer a question one way, or say something it changes the entire story!

Again, I think you are underestimating how large an undertaking that would be. Take 8 stories, and start branching them, and try to weave each individual branch to work with any other branch and you begin to see the problem. Not to mention, the game footprint.

I admit, thats one of the few bioware games I never played. that and the first one..

But DA2 was also one of biowares worst according to everyone else..

Well, it's the last game they released before this. And the similarities are heartbreaking. Bioware used to be a good developer. Their last 2 games have been a disaster.

Again, I think you are underestimating how large an undertaking that would be. Take 8 stories, and start branching them, and try to weave each individual branch to work with any other branch and you begin to see the problem. Not to mention, the game footprint.

I know It'll never happen. I just wish it could..They'd basically have to re-release the game.