The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

If you stand in the circles, you're gonna have a bad time. /Southpark

Don't feel like doing a whole narrative, but had a freaking hilarious scene at the beginning of S&V pug group. I swore them off, but I want the drops so I decided I'd suck it up and run anyway. I and one of the two others that have run the Op are trying to explain things. First fight is easy mechanic-wise once you understand what's going on, but of course we have three or so players putting up "let's go", "hurry up", etc, etc while we're still giving details. Of course one of said players hits us with a, "What vendor?" when I mention the personal shields. Get that taken care of and we're going over the last pointers and before so much as a ready check Leeroy Jenkins is off. No biggie, we speeder out, I take the boss.

All is going well until the first gen goes down. Someone who's never run the Op of course has to grab it and is moving in the wrong direction after doing so. I have to attempt to move with him while typing out to move forward along the path--something that everyone "understood" and was ready for in the pre-fight explanations. So, we make it to point number two, second gen is up, and luckily for the most part even when I get knocked into the air I'm still holding aggro. Shield two goes down and the fun starts.

The same player from before grabs the portable and starts running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Others had started in the correct direction while he zagged off and so they begin taking damage. Those who got pulled into the desert ignored every instruction about ignoring the adds, popping a shield and running back to the group. Dead bodies everywhere. Womprats feasting, people turned to husks by the desert sands. I still had the boss on me and stayed in the shield as it moved by catching up with Force Speed, but once it went down the carrier got fried as he had run all the way back to where the first gen was. I burned my cooldowns during the carnage and finally just peaced out of combat since everyone else was dead.

I really wish I had vid of that one. Ops leader and I typing over and over to run the other way and this guy skittering about like a headless chicken. It was hilarious. Definitely worth the price of admission to see that going down. Of course half the group including the shieldtech rage quit. Good times, fun.

My favourite PUG was an Assassin tank, who aggrod both of the turrets before Mando Raiders last boss, and hide behind the ledge, next to the entrance to the last room.

I just typed him "It's okay, you can come out now" xD

Hes reason was that "he always dies there".

And once we pugged a dps for TFB HM. We wiped couse the adds on last boss reached the tank. I asked for a revive, i was half way from the boss. The guy walked up to me, and just straight up shot the boss, aggroing it xD

"Missclick"... it was so funny that we didnt even got mad xD

Few FP stories

Queue for random hm fp 55 on my sentinel, got Athiss with a guardian tank, scoundrel healer and commando dps. I'm way overgeared, almost in full 72, commando has 24k health and gets the guard. Trash fights were going quite well, but I noticed I pulled a lot on first boss and on the high HP sith trash afterwards in the tomb. Other thing I noticed is the tank wouldn't taunt ever. So after a while the smuggler healer tried giving some advice to the tank in a friendly manner. That's when things went out of control, cause the tank started throwing insults at everyone. I was next, I was told I should be careful with my attacks. He still refused to taunt. I continued to regularly pull from him despite using my aggro drop every time it became available. On the last boss the tank finally taunted a few times and it went very smooth. But his lecturing, rude behavior and insults continued after we downed the boss, so we all decided to ignore him. I shared a few laughs with the healer in PM, who did a very good job btw. Only thing I feel sorry for is the commando, who said it was his first time ever in a hm fp 55, pity he had to deal with such a tank.

Queue for random hm fp 50 on my slinger for the daily 15 comms. Got a group with a dps vanguard, in Maelstrom Prison. At the start 3 of us agreed that this should be a fast run. But the vanguard insisted we do the bonus and don't skip bosses. But since we down voted him by 3 to 1 we decided to do a fast run anyway which he agreed to and helped, but whined through the whole fp. It was incredibly annoying. I don't want to start the fast vs. full/bonus run debate again, but you really got to be more open minded on other players play style. If i get into a hm fp 50 with a group where everyone wants the bonus I say ok and help them, and definitely don't whine through the whole fp.

Last night, again frustrating level 50 hm fp experience.. Queue my sage for the daily comms, but wanted to dps this time (i usually heal). So I queue, fast pop and hooray I'm dps for Taral V, so I quickly respec, throw on my dps gear and go. I got a guardian tank, sentinel dps and another sage, the guardian and sage are from the same guild. The sentinel asks for a fast run and no one says anything so I assume we agree on it. I go forward skipping all that trash and we get to the first boss, easily kill it, loot. Then i continue the usual skip part till the bridge with the sent and notice that the other 2 are behind. But they weren't in combat so I assumed i wouldn't be needed. That's when things went interesting and the insults started cause the tank started to threaten me that he'll put me on ignore list if i don't wait. And then he said that it's a problem that he won't get any heals. i told him he won't get any heals from me, cause I'm a dps. It seems his guild mate mistakenly queued as healer and they didn't seem to realize this. I could've specced back to healer no problem, but I wouldn't cause they started some insult war and just kept going. It wasn't any use telling them to look for their little icon beside their character. After a while everything got silent, I assume they ignored me so I did the same. The FP went surprisingly easy after this, I don't know if the other sage started finally healing, I didn't pay much attention and I could quickheal myself when it was needed.

Few FP stories

Queue for random hm fp 50 on my slinger for the daily 15 comms. Got a group with a dps vanguard, in Maelstrom Prison. At the start 3 of us agreed that this should be a fast run. But the vanguard insisted we do the bonus and don't skip bosses. But since we down voted him by 3 to 1 we decided to do a fast run anyway which he agreed to and helped, but whined through the whole fp. It was incredibly annoying. I don't want to start the fast vs. full/bonus run debate again, but you really got to be more open minded on other players play style. If i get into a hm fp 50 with a group where everyone wants the bonus I say ok and help them, and definitely don't whine through the whole fp.

Was this person a low level with low level gear? Or was he just a whiner? Even on my level 55s in 69-72 I give priority to lower geared/level people simply because I would like that same respect in return for my lower level/gear characters. If this was the case although you guys were technically right, it was an a**hole thing to do.

Last night, again frustrating level 50 hm fp experience.. Queue my sage for the daily comms, but wanted to dps this time (i usually heal). So I queue, fast pop and hooray I'm dps for Taral V, so I quickly respec, throw on my dps gear and go. I got a guardian tank, sentinel dps and another sage, the guardian and sage are from the same guild. The sentinel asks for a fast run and no one says anything so I assume we agree on it. I go forward skipping all that trash and we get to the first boss, easily kill it, loot. Then i continue the usual skip part till the bridge with the sent and notice that the other 2 are behind. But they weren't in combat so I assumed i wouldn't be needed. That's when things went interesting and the insults started cause the tank started to threaten me that he'll put me on ignore list if i don't wait. And then he said that it's a problem that he won't get any heals. i told him he won't get any heals from me, cause I'm a dps. It seems his guild mate mistakenly queued as healer and they didn't seem to realize this. I could've specced back to healer no problem, but I wouldn't cause they started some insult war and just kept going. It wasn't any use telling them to look for their little icon beside their character. After a while everything got silent, I assume they ignored me so I did the same. The FP went surprisingly easy after this, I don't know if the other sage started finally healing, I didn't pay much attention and I could quickheal myself when it was needed.

Wait something doesn't make sense. You queued as a dps, got a fast pop (I think I saw a pig and cow flying that time) and respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear? Are you sure that you didn't queue as healer (to get a faster pop) and then respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear?

Also since you kept running ahead of the tank, you are in the wrong here. Even though it is easy and you can solo kill many groups probably, you should let the tank set the pace as you are making his job harder. Especially if he asks you to.

Wait something doesn't make sense. You queued as a dps, got a fast pop (I think I saw a pig and cow flying that time) and respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear? Are you sure that you didn't queue as healer (to get a faster pop) and then respecced to dps and threw on your dps gear?

Also since you kept running ahead of the tank, you are in the wrong here. Even though it is easy and you can solo kill many groups probably, you should let the tank set the pace as you are making his job harder. Especially if he asks you to.

I can imagine that he looked at his little symbol and saw that he was dps (he told the others to do the same).

When they queue with a tank and a healer it can happen, that 2 dps get a pretty short queue time :p

Running ahead =/= pulling before the tank

If he pulled groups before the tank did, he was wrong, but by just running in front of the tank, he did nothing wrong.

If I'm a dps in a group, I will not wait for the tank to get up and then follow him at his heels, I know the fp's well enough to know where I can walk without pulling

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Well I was in healer gear and healer spec, (from some SM ops I did before) about to start SX and I specifically wanted to dps on the next FP, so I queued for dps. I didn't imagine I would get a queue this fast, but I would've respecced anyway soon.

Yes, I agree on this. But I didn't pull anything, I just ran ahead, but always waited for the tank. The real problem was really the utterly rude tone they had.

Was this person a low level with low level gear? Or was he just a whiner? Even on my level 55s in 69-72 I give priority to lower geared/level people simply because I would like that same respect in return for my lower level/gear characters. If this was the case although you guys were technically right, it was an a**hole thing to do.

Yeah, if he was in low level gear I'd agree to do all the bosses and even bonus maybe. I forgot to mention it, I didn't inspect him, but his HP was over 22k. Which is a lot for a dps if we consider that this FP drops BH gear.

It does happen. The other night I was fooling around in concealment spec for the first time and decided to que for a FP. I qued as both a DPS and a healer thinking that it might be fun to DPS but not really wanting to since I'm sure I was all over the place in terms of attacks and rotation-- but I figured the que would pop with me healing. I was wrong. Instant pop and I was designated DPS. The guild I was running with was really nice though and didn't say anything about my derpy play, but I did come clean about not really knowing how to DPS.

As for the run that the other guy mentioned. He didn't say anything about pulling before the tank, just that he was skipping stuff faster. Personally I like to stick with the group since it's easy to wipe during an accidental pull when everyone is separated but diva tanks need to calm down too!

For sure, if teammates know FP and just run ahead WITHOUT aggro everything before tank - no problem here.

But if DPS (marauder usually) runs ahead of tank and actually pretend as a tank - this can be a huge pain in the... neck (shut up, Vette!!).

My favourite PUG was an Assassin tank, who aggrod both of the turrets before Mando Raiders last boss, and hide behind the ledge, next to the entrance to the last room.

I just typed him "It's okay, you can come out now" xD

Hes reason was that "he always dies there".

lol, this is pretty funny.

it reminds me of one time i queued my tank for random HM and got mando (because that's only damn thing that pops)

anyway, so i could tell it was already in progress. they inform me as i make my way down that the tank just ragequit on them because he couldn't handle the last boss.

what they didn't mention by the time i had gotten to this point, is that they had apparently just given up on trying to kill the bonus boss, who was sitting there waiting for me as i walked right into his aggro range.

i quickly grabbed him and backed into a corner as the rest of the group came in the room, screaming 'no no no!'

because they all wanted to just skip him and said they couldn't do it.

i guess the other tank they had made it extremely difficult for them (i imagine he did not taunt when the guy dropped aggro and ran off towards someone else in the raid), but we one-shot him then one-shot the final boss.

i think everyone was really surprised that it wasn't nearly as hard as they thought

Edited by oaceen

Boy, do I have the worst luck today. The two groups I was in, was not able to finish the FP Hammer Station.

My first team was unable to finish FP because one of our group members got disconnected. Then we waited for that member to reconnect at least 15 mins. I told them why don't we vote him out and get a new member since he is not gonna reconnect. One of the members go on about how they wait for the other guild member for at least 15-20 mins. Then I got disconnected and guess what. When I reconnected the person who lectured about waiting for the other member, left.

The second team I had had a lvl 15 smuggler was cced the target which later got him killed. When I and another told him, you are too low level to cc the target without getting killed. Don't do that. Guess what he say, I have 4 lvl 50 plus characters, KID! I was in a bad mood at the time so I didn't appreciate him lecturing me as I had lvl 55 characters as well and know what I was doing. I told the team him in particular that good luck finding another healer, I am not going to take the nonsense from that person. So I left, he claimed I quit rage and kept taunting as I left the group as the group was wiped while the timer on leaving a GF group was on. I ignore that fellow and apologies to the reminding members to the members for exiting of FP through PM. Yeah, I should have voted him off but was not thinking at the time. But thank goodness for Ignore, I just can't stand someone who doesn't take advice and acts like an idiot in the game due to his level and his so-called experience. There is no need to boast or anything as there are players more experience than he is. Furthermore if he has 4 lvl 50 characters shouldn't he know that he would get wiped.

Edited by PETD

For sure, if teammates know FP and just run ahead WITHOUT aggro everything before tank - no problem here.

But if DPS (marauder usually) runs ahead of tank and actually pretend as a tank - this can be a huge pain in the... neck (shut up, Vette!!).

Ja, it's usually the Mara's who seem to enjoy committing suicide.

The second team I had had a lvl 15 smuggler was cced the target which later got him killed. When I and another told him, you are too low level to cc the target without getting killed. Don't do that.

Huh? There is no reason why someone would be too low to get killed after they CC a mob...other than the tank not picking the CC back up if it breaks (mobs always automatically go after the person that CC'd them first).

Huh? There is no reason why someone would be too low to get killed after they CC a mob...other than the tank not picking the CC back up if it breaks (mobs always automatically go after the person that CC'd them first).

My guess is the tank didn't attack until after he CCed, so the CCer took all the aggro and the tank probably didn't have AOE taunt if he was partnered with a level 15. Tanks are supposed to jump and take aggro while he is casting, unless he just started casting without mentioning anything.

It was the starting of the HS, the tank did not start the attack and but the lvl 15 CC started CC. That was nearly in every HS I did which was quite strange I find. When he died he cursed like everyone else. But when we told him not to do that mainly because of his lvl and also he was the first to died. I think his gear was bad as well, his health drops really fast. I could not keep up with the damage he was taking.

My guess is the tank didn't attack until after he CCed, so the CCer took all the aggro and the tank probably didn't have AOE taunt if he was partnered with a level 15. Tanks are supposed to jump and take aggro while he is casting, unless he just started casting without mentioning anything.

Yes you are right, the tank didn't attack until after he CCed, he only took of one from him. He died really quickly I only remember him informing us about the CC during the CC was casted. But nearly all FP, I did the Tank always jumped after the CC is casted. So it was a strange but common strategy I seen while I play.

Edited by PETD

Yes you are right, the tank didn't attack until after he CCed, he only took of one from him. He died really quickly I only remember him informing us about the CC during the CC was casted. But nearly all FP, I did the Tank always jumped after the CC is casted. So it was a strange but common strategy I seen while I play.

Tank needs to always attack first or all the aggro goes to the attacker making it harder for the tank to take aggro back (or forcing him to waste an AoE taunt when he should be saving it for an emergency as he will next to 0 aggro points for all that he taunted). In this case the tank did not have AoE taunt so he would naturally not be able to take so many guys away at once. He could have used an AoE attack but if he was a jugg it would be hard to hit them with smash since most of the enemies on hammer station are spread far apart.

100% tank fail. Inform your tank that he needs to attack before the cast is done next time.

Tank needs to always attack first or all the aggro goes to the attacker making it harder for the tank to take aggro back (or forcing him to waste an AoE taunt when he should be saving it for an emergency as he will next to 0 aggro points for all that he taunted). In this case the tank did not have AoE taunt so he would naturally not be able to take so many guys away at once. He could have used an AoE attack but if he was a jugg it would be hard to hit them with smash since most of the enemies on hammer station are spread far apart.

100% tank fail. Inform your tank that he needs to attack before the cast is done next time.

Thank you for your advice, sithBracer. I do that when I play with another tank or tanking myself. But I was talking about the weird part about the boastful and taunting smuggler, but you have pointed out the error of most tanks I played with when doing HS has committed. I thank you sincerely. :D

Well, I've been using gf for months and never had a story worthy of this thread (just average stupidity), until tonight.

It's a short story, but was laughing pretty hard.

Queue up and draw mando raiders HM, (I'm the healer) we make it to the boss with the dogs, we beat him, and everything is fine.

Then one of the dps's says: "can you guys give me a minute?"

Tank says "sure"

DPs: "I gotta go get butter"

Tank: "what?"

Me: "seriously?"

The dps "it's right across the street"

Me: "dude can't the butter wait?"

Dps: "I'll be right back, I swear"

Then the other dps says "I'm not standing around while that guy goes to buy butter." And quits. (And can you really blame him?). So we queue for a replacement and in the meantime the tank and I are sitting there, staring at his unmoving toon, basically saying "why does he need butter so immediately?"

So we get a replacement, who catches up to where we are and says "alright let's go"

Tank: "we're waiting on this guy"

Me: "he went to get butter"

New Dps "butter!?"

Tank "he said he would brb"

New Dps "from getting BUTTER?"

Me and tank: "uhhh. Yeah"

So 10 mins go by…15, and were thinking "is something stuck or something?"

"Maybe he's cooking" and from there the theories as to what the butter is for just start to get more graphic.

and finally I say "seriously, how long does it take this moron to go by butter!?" And the tank initiates a vote kick saying "I think it's time we leave this dude to be alone with his butter"

Butter dude gets kicked. We get a new dps, who asks "what happened to the last guy?"

And we say "he went to get butter" new dude says "what? Butter?" And we're like "yeah nm lets just go. "

Anyway we run the rest of the fp. It was a good group actually. And the last conversation as we were leaving the area was

Me: "I wonder if he ever made it back home with his butter"

Tank: "we'll never know"

I was laughing pretty hard.

i feel like this should be a meme.

omg, i would have been stuck in a very awkward position myself, wanting to know so badly how the butter excursion all played out while simultaneously wanting to kick someone for going to get butter lol

Haha too bad you didn't get the name of the player who HAD to get some butter. Should have sent a follow-up mail asking if he completed his important quest. :p

Well I can't speak for the others, but a big reason I was willing to wait on him as long as we did was because I wanted to hear an explanation regarding the butter emergency he had going on.

I'm going to guess that his wife/mother forced him to go get butter. Nothing else really makes sense.

Still a funny story, :D

You want sense when you're talking about an MMO player? I'd venture that the likely story is one that makes NO sense :)