What Would Han Solo Be?

TheLonelyTusken

I don't ever remember seeing Han Solo beating anybody's butt in a fist fight. He's a gunslinger all the way.

He decked Lando!

First off, Lando is the epitome of a WEAK opponent, and he made a LOUSY companion.

Secondly, any Gunslinger that can't smash a weak opponent's junk in the dirt using their melee moves... not deserving of the title.

I stand by my argument for Gunslinger. When I see him turn invisible or shoot bacta rays out of his butt to heal Chewie in a gunfight... then I might change my mind.

Edited by bahdasz

The only times Han isn't fighting from cover is when he's either blind, or he's actively running TO cover. He's a pure Sharpshooter Gunslinger who only wields one blaster.

I agree with you that he is always running to cover....but sharpshooters dont run to cover, they just cover in place.....a scoundrel works better here as they dont have the mobile bunker, and actually have to run for cover when things get bad.

I agree with you that he is always running to cover....but sharpshooters dont run to cover, they just cover in place.....a scoundrel works better here as they dont have the mobile bunker, and actually have to run for cover when things get bad.

Natural cover provides a much higher ranged defense bonus than the GS's mobile bunker, thus good gunslingers do, indeed, run (or rather roll) to cover when possible.

A smuggler without an AC.

Both Hon and Luke were level 6 at the start of the OT. Luke overleved on Hoth by fighting the Wampa elite and got his AC on Dagobah. Han just became worm food and a mantelpiece.

The argument can not be settled by weapons slots. Solo does not dual wield, nor does he have a hidden shotgun.

Not to thread ninja, but does anyone know where the shotgun idea came from? Is there someone in the EU who used one, or was it just the obvious derivative of the whole outlaw cowboy motif they went with?

Not to thread ninja, but does anyone know where the shotgun idea came from? Is there someone in the EU who used one, or was it just the obvious derivative of the whole outlaw cowboy motif they went with?

Good question, I was wondering that too. I love the shotgun idea, regardless.

As much as I hate to say it, Han Solo was a terrible smuggler. He got caught, he can't sneak (see ROTJ), he can't dual wield, he can't heal, and if he were a better smuggler, he wouldn't have gotten caught in the Death Star's tractor beam....

Let the flaming begin!

he got caught after LOTS of successful smuggling runs,,he did it several years

death star got him because they thought it was a moon

he doesnt exist in this game, because he would have a lot of skills in space,,also ship repairs

I seriously think people keep insisting he'd be a scoundrel because somebody called him a scoundrel in the movie. Scoundrel is defined as a dishonest or unscrupulous person, or a rogue. It is used as an advanced class distinction because it sounds smugglerish. That's all. Not because somebody thought Han Solo behaved like some dishonest two-bit villain.

If I had to choose one class present in this game to fit Han Solo it would most definitely be gunslinger. He doesn't fit the scoundrel advanced class very well at all, the only thing he has in common with it is wielding one blaster and somebody calling him a scoundrel. "Scoundrel" was an allusion to his personal character, not his choice of combat style.

However I agree that he's actually more of a mix of both Scoundrel class and Gunslinger class, with a heavy Gunslinger bias.

But seriously, you guys, this whole "he's a scoundrel because he by definition acts like the textbook definition of scoundrel" thing is just stupid. He's a gunslinger because mechanics-wise he fits it better. That's if you have to choose between scoundrel and gunslinger. Otherwise, he's probably neither. Insisting he's a scoundrel advanced class because his personality is dishonest and roguish even though his fighting style really doesn't mesh well with it at all is just stupid. Stop it.

Edited by eldefail

• 3 weeks later...

He doesn't map well directly to the classes but I'm pretty sure he is more an inspiration for the scoundrel than gunslinger.

Gunslinger is along the lines of the smuggler from the intro vids two guns blazing cowboy. Han used a blaster and sometimes from cover (though so did luke in the beginning so ... ) but his defining moments fighting were much more scoundrely, short range surprise attack on greedo, quick draw on Vader (though ineffective).

I modeled my smuggler off Han and went with a DF scoundrel. Which also fits with him being moderately effective at best in combat.

I agree that Han Solo is a smuggler. But the real question is, no matter if he's scoundrel or gunslinger, how was he able to use a rifle when they are on board the Death Star? Neither of the ACs can use a rifle...

Please fix this, George!!!

Edited by Andge

Han is a gunslinger. That's why he shot first. He just needs only 1 blaster.

Even though Bane is a Bounty Hunter in TCW it appears they modeled the GS after him but I think the GS style fits Han very well in this game. He fights dirty. He can throw a punch. Great aim. Can't sneak/stealth for crap and is very direct.

Either that or I would give him Dirty Fighting Scoundrel.

DPS Scoundrel

one gun, never see him heal, called a scoundrel by Leia, sneaky as heck.

Yeah I agree. When Leia calls Han a scoundrel, she is not using the word in a general or derogative way. She is referring to his Advanced Class.

If Han had been a Gunslinger, when Leia says "You Scoundrel?" Han would have replied "No, I'm Gunslinger".

So, Han's definitely Scoundrel.

What I don't understand is how Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and Cheewie were able to enter the same FP when they enter the Death Star, since normally 4 man is the limit and companions are removed when that limit is reached. So either Cheewie or R2-D2 should have been removed.

Edited by Andge

Yeah I agree. When Leia calls Han a scoundrel, she is not using the word in a general or derogative way. She is referring to his Advanced Class.

If Han had been a Gunslinger, when Leia says "You Scoundrel?" Han would have replied "No, I'm Gunslinger".

So, Han's definitely Scoundrel.

What I don't understand is how Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, R2-D2 and Cheewie were able to enter the same FP when they enter the Death Star, since normally 4 man is the limit and companions are removed when that limit is reached. So either Cheewie or R2-D2 should have been removed.

R2 was only summoned as a repair droid so not really a companion and Han summoned Chewie as one of his AC attacks. The move was called "wrath of the wookie" and caused enemies to be frozen in fear causing confusion for the duration. Had no CD so he spammed it constantly.