Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I hate to break it to you all; but this isn't something that's easily done... They would have to redo all hooded clothes.

No. The hood is a clipping part. And you can see in the game that for EVERY gear that has a hood up, a NPC somewhere has a hood down (and vice versa).

All the art is done. All of it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you received the new email from BW about founder titles?

In the email there is a hoodless Jedi Guardian in what looks like a white version of the green battle armor.

They mock us again with their hoodless armor.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameinfo/founders/topbg.jpg

Edited by sotacram

Have you received the new email from BW about founder titles?

In the email there is a hoodless Jedi Guardian in what looks like a white version of the green battle armor.

They mock us again with their hoodless armor.

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameinfo/founders/topbg.jpg

Yeah I saw that

It's actually ridiculous lol every video and screenshot has hoodless robes.

So to say its alot of work is BS i reckon. After alll, twi-leks have hoodless robes. so surely its just a easy patch =/

Yeah I saw that

It's actually ridiculous lol every video and screenshot has hoodless robes.

So to say its alot of work is BS i reckon. After alll, twi-leks have hoodless robes. so surely its just a easy patch =/

He's on the actual launcher screen now!

This may seem absurd, but the lack of hood options has really put me off the game. I realize it's an entirely superficial issue, but I came into TOR greatly looking forward to having a mysterious hooded Sith character.

I initially rolled a Twi'lek Sith assassin, levelled him to l17 before discovering that Twi'leks can't wear hoods.

I then tried a female Sith warrior, then discovered that warriors don't get hoods unless through PVP gear and such - late game rewards.

I finally rolled a Jedi consular but really can't be bothered levelling another character right now.

All characters, regardless of class or race, should be able to wear hoods, at the same time as masks if applicable. I realize there are concerns with clipping and character identification (I am a game dev as well), but customization options are crucial in MMOs, especially one with such a defined history and recognizable universe.

Would be nice if we could do things the way they do in LoTRo. Have two inventory spaces for each displayable piece. One for the look and one for the stat.

This is true but it would not help us for hood as every single Gardian robe includes a hood

IMO, a toggle option seems to be the best in this case (not to exlcude an apparence inventory opt)

Put on a big helmet on your toon (whos's already styling a hood), then go the interface and toggle of helmet. Problem solved.

Sounds great, but I want both hide helm and a lower hood option.

Most of the options at character creation are about the face. It's a shame I either go bald and hide most of via the hood or have some horrible looking helm sit on top.

And for the record, this needs to be an option for companions too. Consular headgear is bad. Kira is not Guynan from Next Generations, I have her in the thin thing from Hoth commendations...

This is true but it would not help us for hood as every single Gardian robe includes a hood

IMO, a toggle option seems to be the best in this case (not to exlcude an apparence inventory opt)

Very true, you would think all things being equal that a simple lifting on and off animation would not be hard to do in comparison to what has been done.

Envoyé par Nobundoo

Put on a big helmet on your toon (whos's already styling a hood), then go the interface and toggle of helmet. Problem solved.

Stupid in so many ways.

1) If we want the hood down, it's because we want to see our face. So a helmet won't do it for us.

2) The helmet toggle enabled, still displays the hood.

3) That toggle doesn't "give you a hood down" but removes it entirely. While it looks ok on capes, it looks terrible with all robes.

Edited by Strayth

I just have to add my name to this list. Sentinels have a hood through the entire game.

it's actually quite more annoying than it sounds. A simple toggle would be very nice and keep me from rolling a different class over something so trivial. As a role-player, it really limits my options appearance wise.

I hate to sound whiney over stupid things like this, but it's boring when every armor set looks the same.

Also putting my name on this thread.

I have not much to ask, just: Bioware, please, choose any way but let me get that hood off. My guardian is currently wearing a trooper armor (which is cool but not as cool as an armored jedi robe, like the ones you are always displaying in your adds).

Cheers

Edited by Angelvs

And for the record, this needs to be an option for companions too. Consular headgear is bad. Kira is not Guynan from Next Generations, I have her in the thin thing from Hoth commendations...

I laughed.

On topic, I wouldn't think hood toggle was a necessary option if the game hadn't shipped with zero hood down robes. If there had just been a few with the hood down I prolly never would have thought twice about it.

Yeh Ive been trying to get around the hood issue too.

tried headband concept but couldnt get it to work.

The headband jest appears disappears and hood is always up.

Is a helmet something else other than head slot?

I heard mask may work too?

Maybe I'll try a helmet but I want my headband showing. (ugh I want hood toggle)

Bought some armor ( medium) without hood but have to wait till lvl 23 to be able to wear it.

Had some at lower lvl but cant sacrifice armor rating to wear old stuff.

I bought Kira some sexy hoodless soft white armor and matching skirt like thing at market (light armor).

Really nice but about 1000cr for whole outfit.

Im sentinell bummer if theres none for gaurdians, (heavy armor???)

Edited by DelphinHunter

I was playing on Tython again yesterday and felt dismayed that in the first 10 levels you have a wide range of chest pieces but once you start moving past level 15 they all look the same. I would have expected just the opposite, few pieces at low levels and a nice range of looks at a high level. I'm also sick of taking my chest piece off when doing cut scenes just to see my toons hair and face.